Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Jonny Evans

11 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

I remember a Fuchs interview when he pretty much said the same about the crowd responding to a crunching tackle v Liverpool. 

I even think he went totally OTT and said it was one of his most spine tingling moments (or words to that effect) in his career

I remember that, after Ranieri got sacked.

He slide tackled the ball and we went mental 😭

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

As a point of order and some balance, 3m was an absolute steal... But I remember noting at the time his wage and signing on deal were disproportionately huge to reflect the fact his contract was about up at WBA

Net coat is therefore way above 3m 

Either way, an absolute belter of a signing. He's our Chiellini or Godin

No way am I buying a net coat at that price! Can't imagine it's very warm either.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/09/2019 at 07:46, Paninistickers said:

As a point of order and some balance, 3m was an absolute steal... But I remember noting at the time his wage and signing on deal were disproportionately huge to reflect the fact his contract was about up at WBA

Net coat is therefore way above 3m 

Either way, an absolute belter of a signing. He's our Chiellini or Godin

Its even better when you consider it was paid in two installments of £1.75m....

On 28/09/2019 at 20:17, brucey said:

so tired of the links to blocked/paywalled sites (not having a go at you @brucey just in general.)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone else worried that he will get his usual 2-3 week out with injury soon? He still plays International football and he has a history of niggling injuries. Evans has played over 30 league games just once in his career (31 in 16/17).

I'm afraid we eont be the same with Morgan in the side.

Edited by Koke

15 minutes ago, Koke said:

Anyone else worried that he will get his usual 2-3 week out with injury soon? He still plays International football and he has a history of niggling injuries. Evans has played over 30 league games just once in his career (31 in 16/17).

I agree. Evans and Soyunku is such a solid pairing at the moment! There's so much chemistry, confidence and trust at the moment. Their both very very strong too mentally and physically. Lets cross all our fingers or have the buddhist monks do another blessing of the changing rooms again

38 minutes ago, Koke said:

To be fair he was very much a squad player for he's 9 season's at Man U so was often rotated. 

I'm not saying your wrong, but it does make it look worse than it is.

I'm also hoping that the fact he's playing in a side that dominants the ball will help him. At WBA he's defensive work load would have much harder and they were a very physical side.

Would be good if he followed JV and decided to call time on he's international career! 

16 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

To be fair he was very much a squad player for he's 9 season's at Man U so was often rotated. 

I'm not saying your wrong, but it does make it look worse than it is.

I'm also hoping that the fact he's playing in a side that dominants the ball will help him. At WBA he's defensive work load would have much harder and they were a very physical side.

Would be good if he followed JV and decided to call time on he's international career! 

I see your point but I wouldnt be happy from a selfish perspective, our wee country needs any available quality player we can get. 

To demonstrate how shallow the pool is, we still play Kyle Lafferty ffs. lol

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I see your point but I wouldnt be happy from a selfish perspective, our wee country needs any available quality player we can get. 

To demonstrate how shallow the pool is, we still play Kyle Lafferty ffs. lol

Fair point, and I don't blame you.

My interest for international football has disappeared, I think it's a broken format, especially the qualification process.

2 hours ago, Koke said:

Recent article on the Athletic claimed he’s on a new diet and gym regime which is aiding his recovery far better than before 

3 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

I hope not. Evans is Northern Ireland's best defender who is badly needed by his country. Hope he gets to another tournament.

Vardy was never a regular and much easier to walk away.

9 minutes ago, Corky said:

I hope not. Evans is Northern Ireland's best defender who is badly needed by his country. Hope he gets to another tournament.

Vardy was never a regular and much easier to walk away.

True, however automatic qualification looks unlikely but they still have the possibility of the PO.

I'm just looking at from a purely selfish point of view.

There’s a reason Rodgers is targeting another centre back... Evans has an injury record and can’t be expected to play every game especially if we get Europe next season. Benkovic not much better either in terms of injuries so need someone else defo.

evans is crucial to us, he’s two footed which doesn’t get much talking about a long with his general ball playing ability which is hugely underrated. An important cog in this Rodgers machine.

5 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

There’s a reason Rodgers is targeting another centre back... Evans has an injury record and can’t be expected to play every game especially if we get Europe next season. Benkovic not much better either in terms of injuries so need someone else defo.

evans is crucial to us, he’s two footed which doesn’t get much talking about a long with his general ball playing ability which is hugely underrated. An important cog in this Rodgers machine.

Celtic supporting mate at work still saying we are trying to get Ajer