Slab Edd Posted 29 September 2019 Posted 29 September 2019 11 hours ago, Paninistickers said: I remember a Fuchs interview when he pretty much said the same about the crowd responding to a crunching tackle v Liverpool. I even think he went totally OTT and said it was one of his most spine tingling moments (or words to that effect) in his career I remember that, after Ranieri got sacked. He slide tackled the ball and we went mental 😭
Paninistickers Posted 29 September 2019 Posted 29 September 2019 As a point of order and some balance, 3m was an absolute steal... But I remember noting at the time his wage and signing on deal were disproportionately huge to reflect the fact his contract was about up at WBA Net coat is therefore way above 3m Either way, an absolute belter of a signing. He's our Chiellini or Godin
Trav Le Bleu Posted 29 September 2019 Posted 29 September 2019 1 hour ago, Paninistickers said: As a point of order and some balance, 3m was an absolute steal... But I remember noting at the time his wage and signing on deal were disproportionately huge to reflect the fact his contract was about up at WBA Net coat is therefore way above 3m Either way, an absolute belter of a signing. He's our Chiellini or Godin No way am I buying a net coat at that price! Can't imagine it's very warm either.
STUHILL Posted 8 October 2019 Posted 8 October 2019 2.08 mins in Couldn't agree more. One of the best centre backs in the league and what an absolute bargain we got him for. Could easily play in a top 4 team IMO (...us )
weller54 Posted 8 October 2019 Posted 8 October 2019 On 29/09/2019 at 14:28, Trav Le Bleu said: No way am I buying a net coat at that price! Can't imagine it's very warm either. Madders will buy it!
murphy Posted 8 October 2019 Posted 8 October 2019 On 29/09/2019 at 14:28, Trav Le Bleu said: No way am I buying a net coat at that price! Can't imagine it's very warm either. I'm not surprised. I've seen it, it looks a right mesh!
MPH Posted 8 October 2019 Posted 8 October 2019 On 29/09/2019 at 07:46, Paninistickers said: As a point of order and some balance, 3m was an absolute steal... But I remember noting at the time his wage and signing on deal were disproportionately huge to reflect the fact his contract was about up at WBA Net coat is therefore way above 3m Either way, an absolute belter of a signing. He's our Chiellini or Godin Its even better when you consider it was paid in two installments of £1.75m....
ozleicester Posted 9 October 2019 Posted 9 October 2019 On 28/09/2019 at 20:17, brucey said: Interview with Percy https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/09/28/jonny-evans-interview-flourishing-leicester-champions-league/amp/?WT.mc_id=tmg_share_tw&__twitter_impression=true so tired of the links to blocked/paywalled sites (not having a go at you @brucey just in general.)
brucey Posted 9 October 2019 Posted 9 October 2019 9 minutes ago, ozleicester said: so tired of the links to blocked/paywalled sites (not having a go at you @brucey just in general.) So am I - It wasn't paywalled a couple days ago when I posted it !
The whole world smiles Posted 10 October 2019 Posted 10 October 2019 Anyone watching northern Ireland v Holland? What a player Evans is completely bossing it.
foxes_rule1978 Posted 10 October 2019 Posted 10 October 2019 6 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said: Anyone watching northern Ireland v Holland? What a player Evans is completely bossing it. Been brilliant for us, no surprise to see how well he is playing so underrated.
filthyfox Posted 10 October 2019 Posted 10 October 2019 On 29/09/2019 at 14:28, Trav Le Bleu said: No way am I buying a net coat at that price! Can't imagine it's very warm either. Looks sexy though
st albans fox Posted 10 October 2019 Posted 10 October 2019 Dropped a bit deep for the equaliser and couldn’t get to depay who stuck his toe poke through Jonnys legs ......
st albans fox Posted 10 October 2019 Posted 10 October 2019 Jonny hasn’t had good added time periods this week ......
Fox92 Posted 27 October 2019 Posted 27 October 2019 https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jamie-vardy-explains-how-jonny-20727017 Quote Jamie Vardy revealed how Jonny Evans sprinted over to this Leicester City team-mates to inform them they could break a Premier League record against Southampton . Loved that when we were 5 and 6 up Evans was telling everyone to go for more. Winner material. Shame he just didn't connect with that cross.
Koke Posted 12 November 2019 Posted 12 November 2019 Anyone else worried that he will get his usual 2-3 week out with injury soon? He still plays International football and he has a history of niggling injuries. Evans has played over 30 league games just once in his career (31 in 16/17). I'm afraid we eont be the same with Morgan in the side.
cruzFOX Posted 12 November 2019 Posted 12 November 2019 15 minutes ago, Koke said: Anyone else worried that he will get his usual 2-3 week out with injury soon? He still plays International football and he has a history of niggling injuries. Evans has played over 30 league games just once in his career (31 in 16/17). I'm afraid we eont be the same with Morgan in the side. I agree. Evans and Soyunku is such a solid pairing at the moment! There's so much chemistry, confidence and trust at the moment. Their both very very strong too mentally and physically. Lets cross all our fingers or have the buddhist monks do another blessing of the changing rooms again
coolhandfox Posted 12 November 2019 Posted 12 November 2019 38 minutes ago, Koke said: Anyone else worried that he will get his usual 2-3 week out with injury soon? He still plays International football and he has a history of niggling injuries. Evans has played over 30 league games just once in his career (31 in 16/17). I'm afraid we eont be the same with Morgan in the side. To be fair he was very much a squad player for he's 9 season's at Man U so was often rotated. I'm not saying your wrong, but it does make it look worse than it is. I'm also hoping that the fact he's playing in a side that dominants the ball will help him. At WBA he's defensive work load would have much harder and they were a very physical side. Would be good if he followed JV and decided to call time on he's international career!
Nalis Posted 12 November 2019 Posted 12 November 2019 16 minutes ago, coolhandfox said: To be fair he was very much a squad player for he's 9 season's at Man U so was often rotated. I'm not saying your wrong, but it does make it look worse than it is. I'm also hoping that the fact he's playing in a side that dominants the ball will help him. At WBA he's defensive work load would have much harder and they were a very physical side. Would be good if he followed JV and decided to call time on he's international career! I see your point but I wouldnt be happy from a selfish perspective, our wee country needs any available quality player we can get. To demonstrate how shallow the pool is, we still play Kyle Lafferty ffs.
coolhandfox Posted 12 November 2019 Posted 12 November 2019 42 minutes ago, Nalis said: I see your point but I wouldnt be happy from a selfish perspective, our wee country needs any available quality player we can get. To demonstrate how shallow the pool is, we still play Kyle Lafferty ffs. Fair point, and I don't blame you. My interest for international football has disappeared, I think it's a broken format, especially the qualification process.
CosbehFox Posted 12 November 2019 Posted 12 November 2019 2 hours ago, Koke said: Anyone else worried that he will get his usual 2-3 week out with injury soon? He still plays International football and he has a history of niggling injuries. Evans has played over 30 league games just once in his career (31 in 16/17). I'm afraid we eont be the same with Morgan in the side. Recent article on the Athletic claimed he’s on a new diet and gym regime which is aiding his recovery far better than before
Corky Posted 12 November 2019 Posted 12 November 2019 3 hours ago, coolhandfox said: Would be good if he followed JV and decided to call time on he's international career! I hope not. Evans is Northern Ireland's best defender who is badly needed by his country. Hope he gets to another tournament. Vardy was never a regular and much easier to walk away.
coolhandfox Posted 12 November 2019 Posted 12 November 2019 9 minutes ago, Corky said: I hope not. Evans is Northern Ireland's best defender who is badly needed by his country. Hope he gets to another tournament. Vardy was never a regular and much easier to walk away. True, however automatic qualification looks unlikely but they still have the possibility of the PO. I'm just looking at from a purely selfish point of view.
lcfc sheff Posted 12 November 2019 Posted 12 November 2019 There’s a reason Rodgers is targeting another centre back... Evans has an injury record and can’t be expected to play every game especially if we get Europe next season. Benkovic not much better either in terms of injuries so need someone else defo. evans is crucial to us, he’s two footed which doesn’t get much talking about a long with his general ball playing ability which is hugely underrated. An important cog in this Rodgers machine.
WestLothianFox Posted 12 November 2019 Posted 12 November 2019 5 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said: There’s a reason Rodgers is targeting another centre back... Evans has an injury record and can’t be expected to play every game especially if we get Europe next season. Benkovic not much better either in terms of injuries so need someone else defo. evans is crucial to us, he’s two footed which doesn’t get much talking about a long with his general ball playing ability which is hugely underrated. An important cog in this Rodgers machine. Celtic supporting mate at work still saying we are trying to get Ajer
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.