Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

What is it that we're missing?

1. Fans who's seeing the match as neutral. 

Even OP didn't see that we play with back 3 for 3 straight matches. 

2. Gel

Many of our player are new and still young. We are yet to find all of them gel

3. Cb like Dragovic 

Evans got unfortunate timing, soyuncu still adapting which might be longer considering how he did in previous club, and benkovic is still developing at celtic. Morgan isn't young anymore. 

Dragovic somehow played well albeit lack of minutes. 

• Like 1

Experience and consistency. We're capable of turning it on and looking genuinely impressive, and potentially Bournemouth aside (was at a wedding so missed that game) we have done for spells of each game. But, those spells tend to be 20, 30 minutes rather than the full 90 - which comes as players age and get the naivity out of their system. Look at the last match - Vardy and Morgan are the only outfield players there over 30, with the vast majority still under 25, couple of years from when you'd expect them to be at their prime. Patience from the fans, who seem to have delusions of grandeur after the title win, we're moving steadily but surely forward to being a top half fixture; well above our historical stature as a yo-yo club.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Hanan96 said:

1. Fans who's seeing the match as neutral. 

Even OP didn't see that we play with back 3 for 3 straight matches. 

Fair comment, and perhaps you're right. I'd be curious to see a heat map of each player's average positioning for the last 3 games to verify this. @StriderHiryu whatever happened to your tactics thread? Found it fascinating but bet it takes quite a bit to put together so frequently.

Edited by CloudFox

1 minute ago, CloudFox said:

Fair comment, and perhaps you're right. I'd be curious to see a heat map of each player's average positioning for the last 3 games to verify this. @StriderHiryu whatever happened to your tactics thread? Found it fascinating but bet it takes quite a bit to put together so frequently.

I posted some stuff in this thread which is relevant. I should really have posted it in the Tactics thread, so I'll move it over there now. I kind of need some help in that thread though as I know I'm putting a lot of people to sleep!

As Hanan says, when we are on the ball we look something like this, except the back three are more central than what's shown here.

image.png.8499c4f784c57a914d2576e13e241a5a.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Realistic expectations. 

Sooner people realise we missed our boat to break the top 6 after we won the title, the better - and that it'll take years of development and investment (or another lucky break) to do it again. Till then we'll sit between 7th and 10th, and win some games, then lose some games and be inconsistent because that's the difference. We're performing at just about the level we should be right now. 

• Like 4

What do you mean "click" ?
Things are already really good right now.

If you mean "to satisfy the always unhappy fans", the answer is : Messi, Kane, Mbappé, Modric, Kroos, Kanté, Alaba, Varane, Van Dijk, Carvajal, Oblak coached by Diego Simeone (but only if he is fluent in english and make jokes).
And all our games are played in FIFA19 so the ball goes fast and it's not boring.

Actually, I'm not even sure that would be enough.

Edited by yks