Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Arsenal (A) Match Thread

1 minute ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

The fact is we were excellent for the opening half hour and should have been more than one up. But the equaliser wrecked us mentally and we have been poor since 

I think Puel had us set up well but I think we're such a young team we're scared, nervous and too naive at times. 

Instead of staying on top of the game at 0-1 up we shit our collective knickers and lost the plot.

I think directly it isn't Puel's fault - but if you will pick SUCH a young, inexperienced team - maybe that bite you in these games where you need strong mentality. 

Edited by lifted*fox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mrfox452 said:

What more do you expect, when he can't get a half decent pass into him?

All the things that made Jamie Vardy who he is. He doesn’t do anymore.

Chase 50/50 balls in the channel? Nah.

Pressure the opposition defence when they have the ball? Nah I’ll just stand still and point at people around me.

Look to make runs in behind? Nah I’ll just stand between 2 centre backs. 

He’s done **** all to get himself in the game. 

• Like 3

Just now, lestajigs said:

It’s clear as daylight we have sat back since we scored, 

You mean like most teams do, because it's a subconscious reaction to protect what you have. Whilst the other team will always have to go for it a bit more, as the onus is on them. It's been said about single Leicester team I've ever seen. He's not going to have suddenly told everything to stop what you're doing and starting kicking the ball to red shirts is he. We surrendered the initiative when we kept giving it away in our own half and it let them get their tails up whilst our slick passing went out the window as we lost confidence with each shitty pass. 

• Like 1