Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Arsenal Post Match

1 hour ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

Too many "meh" players in this squad

This.

How are we still relying on Okazaki to do something, he's been awful for about 2 years now. Vardy was very very poor tonight.

I thought Iheanacho played decent, Chilly was good as well. We should have scored a second goal at some point, the ref didn't help us.

This team only seem to play well for 30 minutes of a match, we have about 30 mins of playing average, then a poor 30 minute spell. It smacks of a mid table team, we'll finish about 10th/11th.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Think most of the rest of what you've said is about right Bert but you've completely and totally overlooked some awful substitutions and a tactical change, the latter of which preceded our meltdown. 

Arsenal were improved after half time but they still hadn't done anything until we shifted up and ****ed it. 

The horse had long bolted before we made that sub. They only had 5 shots in the last 30 minutes, before it they'd had 15 shots and already scored. Up to when we scored we'd had 38% possession and 78% pass success rate. From that point on and until the sub it had dropped down to 21% and 63%. They were well on top and we'd already fallen off a cliff before the change. 

• Like 1

Just now, Babylon said:

The horse had long bolted before we made that sub. They only had 5 shots in the last 30 minutes, before it they'd had 15 shots and already scored. Up to when we scored we'd had 38% possession and 78% pass success rate. From that point on and until the sub it had dropped down to 21% and 63%. They were well on top and we'd already fallen off a cliff before the change. 

Yeah we definitely had to do something but that something shouldn't have been weaken the defence. 

They hadn't scored. Then we went from a pretty well organised 343 to an absolutely omnishambles of ???

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

That's not what we played. 

We actually played the Liverpool front three with Maddison in the Firmino role and Vardy and Iheanacho doing their best impression of Mane and Sallah. 

Despite your determination to undermine Iheanacho, I actually thought it suited him and he played very well in the first half, I'd say he was a big part of our pegging them back. They were terrified of our right hand side. 

I think the shape we started the game with has good potential, keep in mind it's the first time we've ever played that way in a match and that Vards was clearly having an enormous off day. 

My determination to undermine Iheancho, what are you talking about. lol He's not quick and he has a habit of giving up and just smashing the ball when he's got to run for more than about 35 metres. It's not my fault that's what he does. 

• Like 3

From 35 mins in at 0-1 the result looked inevitable. 

Arsenal started fizzing it in to Lacazette much earlier, getting runners off him and took Ndidi out of the equation who had been brilliant breaking play up first 30. After then i don't think we managed to disrupt any of their attacks.

Start of the 2nd half the play got too frenetic, we couldn't get a foot on the ball to slow the tempo, (wilf and Mendy simply can't control the tempo in situations like that) nor could we spin it in behind their back 4 to turn them and relieve some pressure as Vardy barely broke above a jog all night. They pushed right up, pressed high, forced mistakes and then had the quality with their interplay to make us look silly time and again.

Plenty of teams will come a cropper  at Arsenal, but I came away worried at the attitude after going behind (we have a soft centre which could easily snowball into a poor run if we lose confidence). Today also laid bare the lack of genuine quality options on the bench to even attempt to turn the tide of a game.

• Like 1

We just don't seem to have a great depth in squad at present. When you look past Schmeichel, Maguire, Maddison, Chilwell and Vardy, the rest is falling off in terms of expected quality.

But even Vardy's off the rails now.

Other players are underperforming as well (Ndidi), others are mere ghosts (Ghezzal) or are overlooked (Iborra, Silva) and the manager doesn't seem like he knows what he's doing in terms of substitutions or gameplan.

Our bench doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence, either.

As disappointing as tonight's result was, four out of the next five matches are all very much games we ought to win :whistle::

- West Ham (h) 14th - two straight losses now

- Southampton (h, EFL Cup) 16th -winless in their last five matches

- Cardiff (a) 17th - one win out of their last five matches

- Burnley (h) 13th - a draw and a loss in the last two matches

- Brighton (a) 12th - won their last two matches, arguably the one team on the up out of these five

Edited by MC Prussian

50 minutes ago, MattP said:

He's still the best right back in the squad. 

Amartey is so limited against anyone half decent and now everyone seems to have accepted Ricardo can't play the position. 

Summer recruitment again seems more than a little bit ridiculous. 

Look at the squad signings before and after Pearson.

You could nearly fill an entire 11 players in a conventional 4-4-2* system with the dross we have bought since.

Zieler, Hernandez, Musa, Slimani etc. It's partly why tough nights like tonight have occured,

*Or 3-5-2 as we often argue for here.

Just now, gw_leics772 said:

Time for some perspective. Look at the league table, and their second half performance. They are title contenders.

Three players at the prong of their attack that cost what, £150m? Not a shock they are quite nifty really is it. 

4 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Outrageous that he didn't give it. Understandable late in the game somewhat but not the first half.

Would it have made any difference though? We were in defence mode after our goal.

Well it would make a difference playing the majority of the game with 10 men yes

Beaten by a much better side tonight who, when they started playing to their potential, tore us apart.

Our season will not be defined by the games against the top 6 so I’m not going to read to much into these fixtures.

3 at the back and Mads in traditional 10 role worked well initially I thought. I’d like to see that against West Ham.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Three players at the prong of their attack that cost what, £150m? Not a shock they are quite nifty really is it. 

I never learn. It always shocks me how good arsenal are when they play us.

Them they normally go on and lose to Brighton.

Inconsistent bastards 

Edited by gw_leics772

12 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Outrageous that he didn't give it. Understandable late in the game somewhat but not the first half.

Would it have made any difference though? We were in defence mode after our goal.

He got it right, Ndidi headed The defenders arm on to the ball, if Wilf hadn’t been there he would have headed the ball away cleanly. I thought that on first viewing and the analysis on my stream agreed with me. 

I actually thought the ref was alright a little on the lenient side, but he was the same for both teams and didn’t let the Arsenal players whinging get to him.

Thought we were class first half despite the last minute and even that was a quality finish. Arsenal played some lovely stuff tonight and I credit Emery for sorting them out in that sense. 

Im genuinely not arsed, 1. We never win at Arsenal and 2. Whether you like it or not our season is not defined on whether we lose to Arsenal. 

• Like 1

Why do we concede so close to half time when we lead games....knew it was gonna happen and knew we'd lose after that.

We made them look poor in the first half as well. 

Don't know what to think of us as a side. Want to be confident and optimistic but always think we'll **** this up

Clearly a game of two halves. Puels tactics worked well first half but once  they changed tactics to get behind us we lost confidence quickly.

Then the quality they introduced made the difference.

The big problem we have is Balance and Physicality. We need a strong physical type in midfield with NDiddi.

Once again it was a midfield pass from the half way line that set up the equalizer.

The other problem is we have no one to lead the forward line. like Lacazette tonight or Wilson against Bourenmouth.

These type of players contribute greatly to their teams by holding onto the Ball allowing others to get forward in support.

None of our attackers are capable of playing this role. Which is why we need a clear out in January and some quality needs to be brought in.