Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Arsenal Post Match

24 minutes ago, copunk said:

You can't blame puel at all, and I'm sick of reading the comments supporting him with the sack, arsenal just completely took control, kept the ball well and played how they have nearly all season, once they got their foot in the game we were always gonna struggle, first half we were brilliant, once arsenal got into gear we couldn't live with them, as is the case for a lot of other teams this season, for me puel will always be given a rough ride no matter what, we can see he's trying to build something which I think IS working, for some to react the way they have to us getting beat by a team who will be gunning for top 4 is laughable, some of you really need to have a reality check 

Arsenal took control because their manager at halftime told them how to beat us , and Puel hadn't got a clue what to do about it. That is the reality and no I don't need a check. 

3 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Vardy should not be immune from criticism. I know that’s not what you’re saying but I think it’s worth re-iterating.

I’m desperate for him to shove it down the throats of the “one season wonder” brigade in the media, the types who’d rather see Rashford up front for England than him. I hate it when he plays badly. He’s a club legend and deserves every penny and every accolade he earns. No doubt he’ll be back to his best soon enough.

In the Arsenal post-match thread, criticism of players in that game is on topic and in this case completely justified so long as it’s not personal.

1 minute ago, Bert said:

Why? No one is exempt from Criticism. He was awful. Once on the pitch it’s down to him to put the performances in. He just didn’t get involved or even looked bothered. 

I agree he was poor tonight.

It’s the generalisations that I struggle with such as ‘his legs have gone’ or ‘he’s on the decline’ or ‘he’s not the same under Puel’

As if some have now written him off.

I’d like think he’ll bounce back with a vengeance 

3 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Id throw simpson on at this point. Might get some actual defending done.

He's still the best right back in the squad. 

Amartey is so limited against anyone half decent and now everyone seems to have accepted Ricardo can't play the position. 

Summer recruitment again seems more than a little bit ridiculous. 

4 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

https://www.clippituser.tv/c/nbnbvr Arsenals second goal

This is why I was so baffled at the Albrighton change.. what is our system here? Amartey RCB, Ricardo/Albrighton RB& RM? And nobody picks up Aubamayang... it's not that great from Arsenal, just terrible defending from us. 

https://www.clippituser.tv/c/qvlvpz  Arsenals third goal

Again, where is Albrighton meant to be playing? Is he still RM, is he CM? Was he just told to run around a bit and fill the gaps? lol

Jesus Christ smarter and Ricardo for both... almost identical situations not bothering with the player. 

8 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Nacho was lucky to even get a game. Puel did not do " fine " he was outsmarted by a proper manager who knew how to change the game and exploit our weaknesses. Face it we have a fair to middling side with a manager who should never be managing at this level. If you really think we could finish seventh then your bottle is not only half full it's still corked. 

To be fair, far more impact on the Arsenal bench to change things though. 

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Because we are never in control, both going forward or at the back there's no composure. There's a distinct lack of leadership and direction from Puel and the experienced players, we have a very soft underbelly too. I cannot emphasize enough how bad we are at the back, it overshadows any promise in attack.

Then you look at the pitiful attempts to resolve the loss of Mahrez and it makes my blood boil.

We're not going to get anything near of Riyad's quality unless we unearth a rough gem again. This crossfire aimed at Ghezzal is unfair (not speaking about you). He's been brought in because there's certainly something about him and he'll need time to settle in. or not. Let's also not forget that no other fcking good winger wanted to come here.

I suspect there's a rift between the younger and older players, Vardy included, who can't and most certainly won't get used to what Puel wants from the team. It's for me very clear that not all the team is pushing in the same direction and you can't expect from one of the youngest teams of the league to be mentally solid enough to resist against a team like Arsenal at home. On the other side my bet is on the long term, I love the legends but they're not the team's future anymore, so they either adapt or disappear. 

Edited by That_Dude

32 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

I'm puel in, but i honestly hope we sack him just to teach our tragic fanbase a lesson. ****ing embarrassing fans. it's been a while since i've seen such a large group of fans who are so clueless about football, they think everything is black and white and easily rectified. Shame on puel for not seeing the game as simply as most of our fans do. 

Based on tonight's last 60 minutes of play, we look no better than last season. In fact, we seem to make one step forward and two steps back, In Puel's case, the demise comes gradually. One and a half steps at a time more like it. Two wins out of six matches is a symbol of that condition.

Somewhat unforgiving for trying to hold onto a lead after half an hour, thinking we'd be able to sustain constant pressure by remaining passive.

It was the wrong time to experiment with three at the back and we're definitely too lightweight in midfield, there was little to no control and Vardy up front pretty much isolated once again.

If the manager can't see that, it's not the fans' fault for calling him out on that.

• Thanks 2

For me we pressed high first half and from the front, after conceding just before half time we sat 15/20 yards deeper maybe more and allowed them to dictate the game. Why did we change at half time? Why did we drop the work rate and intensity? Why did Evans and Maguire swap? Unsure on the sub of kelechi for albrighton, no body seemed to know what was happening and by then arsenal scored two game over. Most frustrating thing for me is that until they scored we looked threatening and reasonably comfortable, why change the way we playing at half time I don’t get it. If Puel didn’t change it then the players need a good billowing for dropping off! 

• Like 2

The game plan went to pot. I understand having Vardy and Iheanacho pulling wide to stop the fullbacks and try and counter into space. However, when Arsenal started to play, this meant they were halfway into our own half so when we won the ball, we were then without any outlet and only thirty yards from our own goal.

We needed to press from the front more rather than sitting deep.

Also, I still don't understand how we spent 19m on a full back who can't tackle and 10m on Ghezzal. All Puel players. 

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The player pushing out and leaving the hole is to blame for me. Plenty of others were asleep, but it just makes everything so bloody easy to just walk through you. Wilf hasn't been at his protective best this season IMO. He used to mop up so much, but I don't think he's found anywhere close to his previous levels yet. 

I honestly don't know where we turn to to resolve this. Do we go more defensive in the way we play? As I've said we've got essentially 7 defensive players already playing in the XI yet we seem so soft and easy to pick apart. We are badly missing creativity on the ball too, Maddison is having a tough last few games.

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

We really need a centre half who can partner Maguire and a right back who can defend 

Hopefully, Soyuncu or Benkovic will resolve this partner problem..................

3 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Arsenal took control because their manager at halftime told them how to beat us , and Puel hadn't got a clue what to do about it. That is the reality and no I don't need a check. 

He also had one of the most prolific strikers in the game to bring on. I agree that we lost our way but their options on the bench are far superior to ours.

10 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We'd already capitulated long before that IMO, they were already well on top and we couldn't keep the ball, couldn't get forward. We'd not had a shot on goal since the 20th minute or something like that. 

Albrighton was not the answer though.. 

Iborra and Silva have are frozen out but are probably more suited to the way Puel wants to play its baffling 

1 minute ago, That_Dude said:

We're not going to get anything near of Riyad's quality unless we unearth a rough gem again. This crossfire aimed at Ghezzal is unfair (not speaking about you). He's been brought in because there's certainly something about him and he'll need time to settle in. or not. Let's also not forget that no other fcking good winger wanted to come here.

I suspect there's a rift between the younger and older players, Vardy included, who can't and most certainly won't get used to what Puel wants from the team. It's for me very clear that not all the team is pushing in the same direction and you can't expect from one of the youngest teams of the league to be mentally solid enough to resist against a team like Arsenal at home. On the other side my bet is on the long term, I love the legends but they're not the team's future anymore, so they either adapt or disappear. 

So that's it then is it? No point trying to being in replacements? Just stick with what we've got, stop it hahahahaaa. We simply don't have enough options, we've binned off Slimani, Musa and loaned out Barnes. We've brought in Ghezzal and Maddison to cushion the Mahrez loss and that's it. I'm simply not accepting the excuse that because Mahrez was as good as he was, it's led to an impasse on bringing in attacking options.

• Like 2

The most pitiful watch was us not moving a muscle in the second half in particular, simply trying to keep shape, whilst Arsenal could pass around left, right and center - with little to no resistance coming from our players.

We looked so bereft of ideas and creativity and no player really dared to make something happen, getting the ball out of our half. Only after going 3-1 down and once Arsenal took the foot off the gas did we look like we were interested in going forward again.

Yes, Arsenal were great to watch. But we made them look that way. Shame on that attitude and shame on the manager.

Goals two and three for the Gunners were carbon copies of each other.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The most predictable result of any season is Arsenal away. I think they'd basically have to descend to Cardiff level of bad for us ever to win there and there's frankly more chance of us winning the title again. As soon as we scored they were stung into action, started to come at us and it was depressingly inevitable that they would equalise and then go on to beat us because they always f**king do. All three of the classic reasons for defeat at this graveyard were there today as well with the foul combination of bad luck, crap refereeing and them just being too good for us. You can moan about the manager if you really want to but you could put any other manager in the world, past or present, who we could realistically get in charge and the result away at Arsenal will always be a defeat. I absolutely f**king loathe this bloody fixture!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Then you invite the camping on the 18 yard line. When you saying ‘analyse the defendjng’, you’ve got the ability to slow it down. It’s reaction of seconds. The second goal, the defence splitting ball is superb; into the channel and then Bellerin hits one on the button for Aubameyang. 

Nope, I'm saying they need to keep their shape not that they shouldn't push up. Look at our shape when it starts, it's laughable. Evans miles up pitch, Maguire and then Amartey all in some diagonal. They have to charge back, backs are the to play, can't see their men, Maguire never gets back inline and get ripped to bits. 

Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 22.36.54.png

• Like 1

Just now, MC Prussian said:

The most pitiful watch was us not moving a muscle in the second half in particular, simply trying to keep shape, whilst Arsenal could pass around left, right and center - with little to no resistance coming from our players.

We looked so bereft of ideas and creativity and no player really dared to make something happen, getting the ball out of our half. Only after going 3-1 down and once Arsenal took the foot off the gas did we look like we were interested in going forward again.

Yes, Arsenal were great to watch. But we made them look that way. Shame on that attitude and shame on the manager.

We aren't a physical team, we make a number of silly fouls and receive numerous bookings and spendings off but when the games turns a bit rushed and in our faces we don't particularly like it.