Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Kasper Schmeichel...

1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

Where does he stand on all time list do we think?

Banks

Shilton

Kasper

For a Kasper thread I wouldn't want to derail taking about others but he sits amongst those greats you list. How lucky are we as a club to enjoy those three.

14 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

ask Klopp and Pep why they spent shit loads on top keepers then, it is vital if you want to play a possession game, we have other priorities but that doesn't mean its not an issue

Oh yeah I’ll bell them both later. 

It’s not vital, whatsoever. 

• Like 1

I have seen Banks,Shilton,Wallington our previous. Best G.keepers wearing the foxes shirt..

One on one,as Good as those 3, 

# Shotstopper their equals ,

#Positioning I thought Shilton & Wa!lington  took it a Step further,even though Banks & Yashin had also improved that era...Kasper their  equal .

#distribution as Great & lousy buf now a different game,in the old days,it was Kick from your

hands,hoping your CF got the bounce...

# The for-mentioned more than many GKs,and more than  Kasper ruled their box,and every high ball cross.

those 1st 3 you just felt secure & comfortable,even cosy!!!

# Kaspers Leicester-service to Club on and off the field. A legend...And I was especially fantatical & Proud of the others

# Lets also Not forget his actions on that tragic evening,& weeks after...For me an Allround Leicester Legend & a life's  decision maker...

I will Never understand the immature cynical criticism from some Posters on this Forum...F**k their right to an opinion..!!

They know nothing.!! Chasing around looking for negatives,all Top players make mistakes & clangers...They are also human...

Our Historical  No1s.  Always turned up more Time than not...Its Kaspers Time and era now to rightly  Stand proud...

Besides..65+ years of support, despite Great travels through Denmark,.. Danish Bacon,Hygge,HCA,Leggo  But more so Kasper Schmeichel will still be in my long lasting memories of anything Danish...

Oh!!!  Don t forget our forefathers raping, plundering,misbehaving bast**ds, the Vikings

Reminds me actually of citys new   era  ,raping & plundering With kasper, through the Top 6 or  the PL...:bounce::scarf:   

From the forementioned 3 ,only Banks was between the Sticks for a short successful period for Leicester...

So Schmeichel with his long  Club service, the only One that was here during our Drive  and his, towards the highest successful period in this clubs  History..!!

And he his a leader...

• Like 4

6 hours ago, jaqo88 said:

That passage of play where he saved a fierce Tierney shot before kicking it upfield with perfect weighting for Vardy to latch onto past their defence was remarkable.

Don’t think you’d get many (if any) keepers in the world that would be able to do that

I think that passage sums him up as a player. He wasnt thinking about getting the pats on the back for the save, he was instantly thinking about how he could help the team.  One of his best qualities is that he's always looking ahead to what he can do when he gets the ball.  Yes his kicking isnt the best, but he has such a great football intelligence. 

Also how trim is he looking? Not sure what went on under puel but his performance definitely dipped with his increase in weight. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

its more the 4 or 5 times a game he makes a shit kick right down the middle of the pitch to their midfielders that puts us back under pressure straight away people have a problem with.

You can mock all you like over it but its a much bigger part of a keepers game and every bit as vital as shot stopping if you are playing a possession game, Kasper NEEDS to improve this massively or yes the club will need to replace him, its not the biggest priority we have but its still something that needs addressing either by Kasper improving or signing a replacement.

No player is irreplaceable and no player should be immune if it improves the team

Funny that every manager, coach, pundit (can't believe I'm saying that) and fan of other clubs, rate him as being an excellent ball player.

Not saying you're entirely wrong in terms of some of those dodgy passes but he's been given an instruction to do so. Wouldn't matter if you were asking a Xavi or Pirlo to make those sort of passes from their own 6 yard box, they'd still be messing up plenty because there is 0 margin for error.

Bottom line is, it's just a minor gripe (how many times has it actually led to a goal, or even a good chance) that paired against what he brings to the table, particularly with his leadership role, he pretty much is irreplaceable at the moment. We're pretty much talking about spending £60m+ on a a keeper who MIGHT improve us. And no keeper worth that will be interested in coming to Leicester City. Pointless even thinking about it right now.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Oh yeah I’ll bell them both later. 

It’s not vital, whatsoever. 

If its not vital then why are the top clubs buying keepers with crisp packet hands for tens of millions just because they're comfortable with the ball at his feet?

I personally think Kasper's distribution is very good, the only issue is the odd occasion where he tries to spray a pass out to the fullbacks and it sails over their heads. Look at that pass to set Vardy away last night for example. Tielemans would have been proud of it.

He throws the ball like no other keeper in the league. Starts some great counter attacks.

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

its more the 4 or 5 times a game he makes a shit kick right down the middle of the pitch to their midfielders that puts us back under pressure straight away people have a problem with.

You can mock all you like over it but its a much bigger part of a keepers game and every bit as vital as shot stopping if you are playing a possession game, Kasper NEEDS to improve this massively or yes the club will need to replace him, its not the biggest priority we have but its still something that needs addressing either by Kasper improving or signing a replacement.

No player is irreplaceable and no player should be immune if it improves the team

Is it 4 or 5 times though?

I've been thinking a lot about Kasper's performances since the lockdown and then, right on cue, this thread popped up at the top of the list. Kasper is playing at the very top of his form and to a large extent is carrying this team on his back at a time when it matters the most. Something he has managed to do throughout his career at Leicester and that makes him a special player indeed. Without the outstanding saves he has made in every match so far our CL chances would have all but evaporated. He clearly appreciates, more than most, that we are playing some of the highest stakes fixtures in the history of our club, as our future will be heavily defined by where we finish in the Premier League this season. The man is a colossus - a true LCFC legend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

If its not vital then why are the top clubs buying keepers with crisp packet hands for tens of millions just because they're comfortable with the ball at his feet?

I personally think Kasper's distribution is very good, the only issue is the odd occasion where he tries to spray a pass out to the fullbacks and it sails over their heads. Look at that pass to set Vardy away last night for example. Tielemans would have been proud of it.

He throws the ball like no other keeper in the league. Starts some great counter attacks.

It’s just not vital to the way a team plays. Just a managers preference on what he wants from a goalkeeper. Otherwise, why aren’t they midfielders? 

23 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Is there any stats anywhere which compares his distribution to other goalkeepers in the league?

If you're sitting in the west stand, Schmeichel is 82% more likely to hit your Pie out of your hands than the opposition goalkeeper.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Is there any stats anywhere which compares his distribution to other goalkeepers in the league?

Little bit here based on last season. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11096/11523344/premier-league-goalkeepers-assessed-for-passing-style-and-goal-involvement

Still think Schmeichel is unlucky not to be credited with the assist did Vardy's goal against Arsenal!

He's one of the best shot stoppers, if not the best in the league.

He does struggle a little with playing out from the back, but like when he put Vardy through against Palace from the goal kick, he has that ability in him. I like the fact that he's willing to mix it up and go long if there is an option. 

14 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

On Foxestalk ive seen him described as everything from "only being a professional because his dad was called Schmeichel" to "best goalkeeper we've ever had". 

When was the first bit written? 

Kasper hasn't actually used the Schmeichel name to get anything really, he's be on loan at Bury, Falkirk, Coventry, Cardiff, went to Notts County and spent half a decade in the Football League before promotion with us. He's worked his way up and deserves everything he's got.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Corky said:

When was the first bit written? 

Kasper hasn't actually used the Schmeichel name to get anything really, he's be on loan at Bury, Falkirk, Coventry, Cardiff, went to Notts County and spent half a decade in the Football League before promotion with us. He's worked his way up and deserves everything he's got.

Seen it on here many times when we were in the Championship. After he did the mistake at Doncaster away and many other times. He has had to be as good as he is to shake off that tag. Not the first time our fans have got it wrong about a player though is it?

On 08/07/2020 at 16:27, fuchsntf said:

I have seen Banks,Shilton,Wallington our previous. Best G.keepers wearing the foxes shirt..

One on one,as Good as those 3, 

# Shotstopper their equals ,

#Positioning I thought Shilton & Wa!lington  took it a Step further,even though Banks & Yashin had also improved that era...Kasper their  equal .

#distribution as Great & lousy buf now a different game,in the old days,it was Kick from your

hands,hoping your CF got the bounce...

# The for-mentioned more than many GKs,and more than  Kasper ruled their box,and every high ball cross.

those 1st 3 you just felt secure & comfortable,even cosy!!!

# Kaspers Leicester-service to Club on and off the field. A legend...And I was especially fantatical & Proud of the others

# Lets also Not forget his actions on that tragic evening,& weeks after...For me an Allround Leicester Legend & a life's  decision maker...

I will Never understand the immature cynical criticism from some Posters on this Forum...F**k their right to an opinion..!!

They know nothing.!! Chasing around looking for negatives,all Top players make mistakes & clangers...They are also human...

Our Historical  No1s.  Always turned up more Time than not...Its Kaspers Time and era now to rightly  Stand proud...

Besides..65+ years of support, despite Great travels through Denmark,.. Danish Bacon,Hygge,HCA,Leggo  But more so Kasper Schmeichel will still be in my long lasting memories of anything Danish...

Oh!!!  Don t forget our forefathers raping, plundering,misbehaving bast**ds, the Vikings

Reminds me actually of citys new   era  ,raping & plundering With kasper, through the Top 6 or  the PL...:bounce::scarf:   

From the forementioned 3 ,only Banks was between the Sticks for a short successful period for Leicester...

So Schmeichel with his long  Club service, the only One that was here during our Drive  and his, towards the highest successful period in this clubs  History..!!

And he his a leader...

7AFD7DE9-C2B0-437F-A294-B3D92DE57C36.jpeg

Like  most keepers He’s got a mistake in him but he’s been in superb form since coming back from the break . Some of his saves have been fantastic and unless I imagined it I’m sure I’ve seen him come and gather a few corners and high crosses which normally he’d flap at