Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Kasper Schmeichel...

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Money isn't everything. 

Whos saying it is? My point is hes got zero perspective on it.

He seems to suggest that going to Notts County was tough going when he'd had the best coaches his entire life, compare that to Vardy or Ndidi. Its a ridiculous thing to even say for him. 

Edited by Chocolate Teapot
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Money isn't everything. 

He's still lived an incredibly privileged life. So its a bit out of touch with reality to say he had a tough upbringing. Unless his parents were alcoholics and abusers or something bad along those lines.

Edited by Koke
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Whos saying it is? My point is hes got zero perspective on it.

Just now, Koke said:

He's still loved an incredibly privileged life. So its a bit out of touch with reality to say he had a tough upbringing. Unless his parents were alcoholics and abusers or something bad along those lines.

He probably has. But money doesn't guarantee happiness or avoidance of any kind of struggle. It might make it easier to overcome, but to think no-one goes through any difficulty in life just because they have money is naive and misguided I think. 

His tough upbringing could have been to do with anything totally apart from money. Who are we to know? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Koke said:

Overtook Izzet in PL games tonight..

Wow, really surprised Vardy has played more games. You'd think that over the past six seasons Kasper, as undisputed first choice, would've made more appearances. Has he been more injured than Vardy?!

3 minutes ago, shen said:

Wow, really surprised Vardy has played more games. You'd think that over the past six seasons Kasper, as undisputed first choice, would've made more appearances. Has he been more injured than Vardy?!

I can't remember how long it was but he did have a period where he was injured. Or left out. 

When we had Hamer and Zieler had a few games. But yeah you'd expect Vardy to have missed more.

4 minutes ago, shailen said:

Who will have played more PL games for us at the end of their career. Vardy or Kasper? I reckon Kasper as keepers have longer longevity. 

Was literally just about to say the same thing and it's a great question. In an ideal world I want them both to play for Leicester forever but the sad day will come when neither turn out for us. Both legends of this football club 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, shen said:

I thought so too so I looked it up.

Kasper missed 16 games in 14/15. After that he's played pretty  much 30+ every season (two full 38 game seasons as well). Vardy has played 34+ games every season. 

Not much in it but Vardy shades it.

Interesting that Vardy and Kasper have made a similar amount of prem appearances. For me, Kasper has been as talismanic as Vardy In the last 6-7 years but strikers always get more praise than keepers. If we won 1-0 and Vardy scores the winner but Kasper makes 3 great saves, generally we talk about Vardy. If we lost 1-0, kasper makes a mistake and Vardy misses 3 sitters, we would talk about Kasper. It's always the same that strikers get more praise than keepers but I'd say Kasper has been as influential as Vardy on our rise from the championship to winning the league to being a team fighting at the top of the league. Both complete legends, and whilst Kasper has his weaknesses, he has been an amazing keeper for us and continues to be. 

Edited by jayfox26
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Saw him before game and he adores this football club. I would love to see him stay here after hes finished. Incredibly close to Top as well. Yes he has his moments but a fantastic servant to us, a really top fella

I reckon Mike Stowell knows hes getting his p45 once Kasper retires 😂

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bryn said:

I actually am not sure I believe that stat, I just cannot see how Vardy can possibly have more appearances. Kasper has barely missed a game.

Injured first year and gamer played a few. Ziegler had a stint when he was injured too. And then end of 17/18 jakupovic had couple games. Only 7 behind so easily missed 7

2 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Injured first year and gamer played a few. Ziegler had a stint when he was injured too. And then end of 17/18 jakupovic had couple games. Only 7 behind so easily missed 7

And consider that Vardy could be brought on for 10 mins at the end of the game and it count as a full appearance. You rarely if ever see a keeper change unless injured or sent off 

4 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I laughed tonight when he reacted to Mitrovic challenging him for the Ball as if he shouldn't.

Mitrovic has every right to challenge for that ball, but that's not what he did. If you watch the replay he had his eyes on Kasper, not the ball. There was no intention to win the ball, only to give Kasper a bit of a knock

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, chuck'em said:

Mitrovic has every right to challenge for that ball, but that's not what he did. If you watch the replay he had his eyes on Kasper, not the ball. There was no intention to win the ball, only to give Kasper a bit of a knock

Of course he had, Even if he was intended to foul Kasper. I just found Kaspers reaction funny as if he shouldn't have done that.