Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Kasper Schmeichel...

4 minutes ago, Corky said:

I don't think the current state of the two teams today could be more clearly illustrated by the goalkeepers- one is in top form, the other all over the place.

Whilst I agree, I think Alisson's save on Vardy to deny the 3-1 was the save of the game (although I'd want to see it again to be sure). 

Obviously he makes a mistake every now and again but I don't really recall him ever having two shockers in a row like Allison just has. That's testament to his immense mental strength. I wouldn't swap him for any other keeper in the league.

4 hours ago, Koke said:

Brad Friedel has 310 consecutive Premier League games. Unbelievable stat from the American.

That is a staggering show of consistency and fitness. :appl:

Just now, Paddy. said:

Obviously he makes a mistake every now and again but I don't really recall him ever having two shockers in a row like Allison just has. That's testament to his immense mental strength. I wouldn't swap him for any other keeper in the league.

Think 🤔 because we look for faults it seems even when winning he gets the odd call out about not commanding his area. I disagree, you see him shouting at everyone when the opposition have a set piece. 

5 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Look at Alisson currently. Look at Lloris. De Gea. Pickford.

I wouldn't swap him for anyone presently.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Absolutely fantastic, gets a lot of criticism for his distribution but the rest of his game is excellent.

Great servant to a club he obviously loves.

I’m one of those who criticises his distribution, even more so his rootedness at set pieces shouting ‘head away’ when the ball’s there for the keeper. But he’s been superb for several games now, I’m very happy to give credit where credit is due.

• Like 2

Think he’s in his prime. At some point in his career me (and many others) have criticised his distribution or conceding from free kicks, or not commanding his area when crosses come in... there’s always been a weakness in amongst a lot of very good things. 
But this season he’s been almost faultless every week. He’s taken the arm band as well and without crowd noise you can hear just what a brilliant leader he is. Bravo 

• Like 3