Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Kasper Schmeichel...

Kasper's frequent cock ups are a product of modern football. Just put your bloody foot through the bloody ball. Always remember Jack Charlton in a coaching school saying that defenders should clear the ball by knocking it high, knocking it wide or knocking it long. Preferably all three at the same time. Today they encourage you to be Messi in all areas. 

For somebody who regularly wears the captains armband and can see the whole game in front of him, his decisions and game management are beyond words, 

The amount of time he invites pressure, plays us into trouble, gives the ball away unnecessarily is ridiculous.  

His shot stopping is unquestionable, but how of much of that comes from his own mistakes? 

22 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Didn't have a bad game bar that incident at the end which was pure frustration. Wasn't the reason we lost

Frustration? why didn't he take it out on the ball earlier and clear it then? same could be said for Evans who is more culpable, Hamza will get blame but I place it more on Evans.

Legend of the club and don't think he's as bad as some like to make out. Pulls off some big saves for us but is prone to the odd brain fart. 

I wouldn't be totally against him moving on but don't feel it's a priority in this shorter window. Maybe it's time to let go of the title winners and find players that have something to prove? (except for Vardy) lol

• Like 1

If he sticks to what he is good at we have a good keeper. When he tries to be to cleaver it backfires. He like most keepers will make the odd mistake but there is no need for him to try take players on. Saftey first.

49 minutes ago, twister said:

another mistake yesterday

great shot stopper but he needs to be challenged.

I'd look at timo krul to come in as a direct challenger for his position next season.

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool........... such nonsense

51 minutes ago, twister said:

I'd look at timo krul to come in as a direct challenger for his position next season.

Krul was the third worst keeper in the league this season from the percentage of shots he saved, it's a no from me

Edited by Beechey

55 minutes ago, twister said:

everyone is entitled to their opinion but that's an interesting one. 

19 hours ago, StanSP said:

Absolute catastrophic error from him today but to bin him off? Not a chance. 

Saved well from Rashford and saves us more points than loses them. 

Any talk of him being binned off is stupid. 

A lapse of concentration, brain fart, in a lost game. People wanting him out need their head checked.

What I do notice though, is that players are becoming prone to absolute madness when they're under pressure.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

A lapse of concentration, brain fart, in a lost game. People wanting him out need their head checked.

What I do notice though, is that players are becoming prone to absolute madness when they're under pressure.

I'd have been apoplectic if that goal had cost us a CL spot, but the game (and our CL chances) was over well before then.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Beachyboy said:

Frustration? why didn't he take it out on the ball earlier and clear it then? same could be said for Evans who is more culpable, Hamza will get blame but I place it more on Evans.

How so Evans if you mean for the PEN?

He got the ball, Morgan gave the PEN despite what tweedle dee & his mate might have said in commentary, if Morgan didn't go in & ref gave Pen on Evans alone then VAR could have over ruled by saying Evans got a touch of the ball 1st but with Morgan there it wasn't a clear & obvious mistake because they say ok Evans got the ball but Morgans caught the back of attacking player (despite Evans taking the ball a split 2nd before) so PEN upheld.

ps Hamza was to blame for creating the situation

People that are asking for him to go need to be realistic. Who, realistically are we going to be able to get in that's better than him? Even if we managed to find someone better than him, how much are they going to cost? 

There's so many areas we actually need to improve in - can you imagine us buying a new GK for 40mil and then not buying anyone decent on the wing or in midfield? We're not made of money. 

• Like 1

One of the best GK's in English football however he needs to know the limits of his own ability.

If i had the time, effort and resources, i could probably put together a 40 minute compilation of errors with complimentary Benny Hill backing music.

That said, i could probably do the same video filled with breath taking saves.

• Like 1

The mistake yesterday, whilst ultimately being meaningless for the season, summed up an issue that's been prevalent for a while. Why is he passing it out when we need a goal? Why hasn't he thumped it upfield to try and create something?

Just not enough urgency when we're losing at times.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

The mistake yesterday, whilst ultimately being meaningless for the season, summed up an issue that's been prevalent for a while. Why is he passing it out when we need a goal? Why hasn't he thumped it upfield to try and create something?

Just not enough urgency when we're losing at times.

Rodgers not having a plan B is an issue. A large percentage of our players aren't good enough to retain the ball.

Was a stupid mistake by Kasper, somewhat meaningless, but they'll all be told to retain the ball. It's too slow for me, even more so when we're losing. There's never any urgency when we're 1 down.

Kasper has made a couple mistakes this season but also he's made some good saves (including penalties) which have also won us points. Think back to Brighton H.