Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Saints Cup Home Match Thread

For the first time in years, I've not been able to find a working stream on my Kodi box. Just as well we have that URL and I can watch on my laptop... except it's a pretty carp match.

I think Bulgarian TV (or whoever it was that was streaming the game) decided to show a replay of Spurs v Chelsea instead. 

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Newcastle have been dross most of the season, we've had flashes of good stuff ourselves that people seem to ignore. 

They've just won three on the bounce and are a few points off us... who apparently are doing really well... I have no more energy to argue about Puel needing to go, but I won't pretend that we are fun to watch at the moment... just because we have  slightly more possession or because he plays the odd youngster

• Like 1

Well we're running around a lot.

Silva does seem to be poor at defending. Simpson is drawn out of position too easily.

Gray and Nacho running and working hard especially tracking back.

1 minute ago, l444ry said:

Another Puel bore show. Fans waiting for something to cheer. So flat here.

You should just copy and paste your Puel hate it'd save you time typing it.

1 hour ago, rachhere said:

Exactly..! Anyone can pull something and need to rest for a while, but then a few days later be fit to play... and we don't have the benefit of professional sports therapists/physios on demand... Plus they made it clear he was close to full fitness before the match and they were monitoring him right up until the match day.

Exactly! the amount he's worth we'd not be risking him if he wasn't 100% fit. A little run followed by 3 extra days can get you into fitness and like you said its not like it's lower leagues, we have teams of fitness guys monitoring him

9 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Sadly when fans aren't really arsed about cup games half the time, it's going to translate to the team. The club don't really care either and haven't for years, whether it was Pearson or Ranieri or anyone else. Sad, but that's how it is. 

Agreed. Hope we can stumble over the line this evening

1 minute ago, m4DD0gg said:

The match and the team on Saturday was definitely dog shit. Don't you have Puel's ass to be licking or something. 

Other than Okazaki up front, there was bugger all with the team that started Saturday. If Vardy has missed training all week other than Friday and Nacho doesn't arrive back from Internationals until Thursday, Puel took the decision to start another striker. Only an idiot wouldn't see that his hand was forced a tad. 

Today we have Fuchs, Simpson, Diabate, Silva who don't get a sniff for good reason. They aren't as good as the others ahead of them. Loads of our game play is about attacking full backs, so playing without two of our biggest outlets is going to stunt us attack wise. The attackers might now be first choice, but the other important areas aren't and guess what, shock horror, supply to them is limited. 

It wasn't close to being a better team than Saturday.