Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Saints Cup Home Match Thread

9 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

3 days since then mate

Exactly..! Anyone can pull something and need to rest for a while, but then a few days later be fit to play... and we don't have the benefit of professional sports therapists/physios on demand... Plus they made it clear he was close to full fitness before the match and they were monitoring him right up until the match day.

• Like 2

A decent team, what on earth is happening with Choudhury though? Of all the U23 midfielders Puel could pick based on U23 performances this season Leshabela wouldn"t be up there. Dewsbury-Hall and Kaba Sherif in the centre have been used more and performed better, Shade and Wright out wide of late have been the more useful and as a utility man, the left sided Calvin Ughelumba has been impressive. That's not to even mention Choudhury, Johnson, Elder and Knight. It's mind boggling.

• Like 2

It is a good looking lineup I think, most interesting. Not one with lots of experience playing together but a lot of potential praps. I'll watch with interest to see how they gel. Shame there's no Ghezzal, I'd have liked to have seen him given a chance to orchestrate.

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

A decent team, what on earth is happening with Choudhury though? Of all the U23 midfielders Puel could pick based on U23 performances this season Leshabela wouldn"t be up there. Dewsbury-Hall and Kaba Sherif in the centre have been used more and performed better, Shade and Wright out wide of late have been the more useful and as a utility man, the left sided Calvin Ughelumba has been impressive. That's not to even mention Choudhury, Johnson, Elder and Knight. It's mind boggling.

I agree but if Choudhury was expected to play and then got injured in the warm up, then it might just have been a case of who was able to replace him at short notice. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It wouldn’t be a Puel lineup/matchday squad without at least one completely bizarre selection.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I agree, tons of better kids to choose from. Only thing I can think of is if the kid was previously asked to join the pre match prep to gain experience (has happened a few times with random U23s travelling to first team away games), but then a Choudhury injury happened and he's just been asked to fill a spare bench space. I'd be shocked if he comes on.