Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RODNEY FERNIO

FA cup 2018/19

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

My point still stands regardless of Reading  :P

Oh I know but at least they’ll have to give a couple of minutes to Reading in the prematch ramble.

• Like 1

I get that this year Man Utd are ropey, under pressure, ripe for a shock and if it happens, as a broadcaster you'd want to be there covering it. Unfortunately I can just see a lot of huff and puff from Reading and a professional steady and very unexciting Man Utd winning 2-0 in a forgetable game. There are at least 6 or 7 more deserving games though and it reeks of just getting the Utd fan base on board for viewing figures. I suggest a nationwide boycott to make a stand, (with an 85th minute get out clause if Utd are losing so we can still revel in Mourinho's misery).

8 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Just noticed that loads of games have been moved to 12:30 and 17:30 on the Saturday and a few more to Sunday 14:00 for international broadcast. Fixtures look weird.

Is there a new deal the FA have struck with international TV? 10 out of 32 ties are going to be played at 15:00 Saturday.

Yep, clubs get £50k. Absolute joke 

8 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Just noticed that loads of games have been moved to 12:30 and 17:30 on the Saturday and a few more to Sunday 14:00 for international broadcast. Fixtures look weird.

Is there a new deal the FA have struck with international TV? 10 out of 32 ties are going to be played at 15:00 Saturday.

Some of them have moved due to policing as well (I..e Fulham are on Sunday as Chelsea are on Sat) and therefore probably dictated some timings to ensure they have the staff etc.