Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mo-rima

Hamza

24 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Quote from Puel's press conference

“For Adrien, Mendy and Ndidi, we can play three in midfield and I think it will be an opportunity for Adrien (Silva) to have an opportunity in the second part of the season. We will see because it’s the end of the transfer window but for me, we have good balance and a good squad.

“It will be good at the end of the transfer window, for all the players, because they can keep their focus for the club. We can have players with different thoughts and we have to manage this situation.”

Surely if we're going to play 3 in midfield, Hamza is the first name on the team sheet? He should be playing every game imo. 

Nothing weird about that... the whole season has showed Ndidi and Mendy are undroppable somehow. 

If you're going to play the three in midfield more often then you will really need at least 5 options with injuries and suspensions and an option as a sub so currently I'd have Ndidi, Hamza, Silva, Mendy and James in that pecking order. I know Ndidi has often struggled this season but in a three his role would be to win the ball and let the other two try the more expansive passing, in a forward direction whenever possible. I have confidence in him to still be that impressive physical stopper, tackler and interceptor and again let's remember his age.

I think that system has its place but not every game and certainly not at home to Southampton.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I’m not convinced Hamza adds a lot to our game tbh. Good engine, can tackle but as bad as others on the passing side of things. 

Its good to see our fans take one quote out of context though. I

He's shown up well, he's a right battler but still fairly limited. I think the age of our team is also a factor. With him in the team our 6 midfield and forward options would be 21, 21, 22, 22, 22, 32... that's pushing it a bit with the kids.

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He's shown up well, he's a right battler but still fairly limited. I think the age of our team is also a factor. With him in the team our 6 midfield and forward options would be 21, 21, 22, 22, 22, 32... that's pushing it a bit with the kids.

You don’t win anything with kids

1 minute ago, fazzyfox said:

If you're going to play the three in midfield more often then you will really need at least 5 options with injuries and suspensions and an option as a sub so currently I'd have Ndidi, Hamza, Silva, Mendy and James in that pecking order. I know Ndidi has often struggled this season but in a three his role would be to win the ball and let the other two try the more expansive passing, in a forward direction whenever possible. I have confidence in him to still be that impressive physical stopper, tackler and interceptor and again let's remember his age.

I think that system has its place but not every game and certainly not at home to Southampton.

Why not...one selection at the moment is as good as another...If true it's good that Puel is looking at 3 in midfield...

So what's the preference...

1.    Hamza Silva Mendy

2.     Silva Ndidi.  Hamza

3.     Hamza Ndidi. Mendy..I

Leads to a front 3 of...

Barnes.            Maddison

Vardy

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I’m not convinced Hamza adds a lot to our game tbh. Good engine, can tackle but as bad as others on the passing side of things. 

Its good to see our fans take one quote out of context though. I

I think it's just important that he gets about. Seen him receive a through ball on the half turn in the opposition box and shoot. Can't remember the last time I saw Ndidi or Mendy do that. 

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

Some weird stuff coming out of that press conference.

Totally agree it stinks of shenanigans. It's one of:

- Rudkin wants Tielemans, but Puel isn't bothered.

- Our "next" manager (lined up for the summer) wants Tielemans, but Puel doesn't know he's getting the boot so is confused.

- Puel does want Tielemans but knows he has to get rid of Silva, who is looking at a pay cut for going, so he's trying to psyche Silva out so he goes.

- The entire club is a complete mess, and no one knows what is going on.

Any of these four situations are equally plausible lol

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, foxes21 said:

Quote from Puel's press conference

“For Adrien, Mendy and Ndidi, we can play three in midfield and I think it will be an opportunity for Adrien (Silva) to have an opportunity in the second part of the season. We will see because it’s the end of the transfer window but for me, we have good balance and a good squad.

“It will be good at the end of the transfer window, for all the players, because they can keep their focus for the club. We can have players with different thoughts and we have to manage this situation.”

Surely if we're going to play 3 in midfield, Hamza is the first name on the team sheet? He should be playing every game imo. 

Agree. Best central midfielder at the club at this moment in time

I refuse to believe Puel is going to play Silva over Choudhury especially against the better teams. There's no way I can even begin to take Silva seriously compared to Choudhury. If we play Silva the first moment he comes on the pitch and the wind blows his hair left, instead of right, or vise versa, I'll pick up one of the Puel Out pitchforks and start setting fire to balls of hay and begin to post frantically in the Rafa/Pearson/Myra Hindly for manager threads.

5 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

- Our "next" manager (lined up for the summer) wants Tielemans, but Puel doesn't know he's getting the boot so is confused.

- Puel does want Tielemans but knows he has to get rid of Silva, who is looking at a pay cut for going, so he's trying to psyche Silva out so he goes.

I go with Option 4 - in fact, surely this is worthy of a poll....

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Babylon said:

tbf hamza could literally be 21 months old and i’d rather he played than silva 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

- We've never been interested and it's fake news made up by Tielemans' agent to get a better contract offer elsewhere.

I think this is more likely than the other 4 options personally lol

Edited by brucey
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Why not...one selection at the moment is as good as another...If true it's good that Puel is looking at 3 in midfield...

So what's the preference...

1.    Hamza Silva Mendy

2.     Silva Ndidi.  Hamza

3.     Hamza Ndidi. Mendy..I

Leads to a front 3 of...

Barnes.            Maddison

Vardy

I'd like to see 3 with Silva subbed on in the games we start a midfield 3.

Just gets better and better.

It's insane just how good he is at those sliding tackles from behind. Difficult to get the timing right and avoid a foul, but I think he's won every one he's attempted.

If he can carry on his development he's going to be some player, for sure.

• Like 3