Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mo-rima

Hamza

What impressed me most today was his reading of the game. He has an innate ability to anticipate where the ball is going to go and what the opposing player is going to do. Was the best player on the pitch today bar Evans maybe.

Has to keep his place next game.

• Like 1

I posted several times a couple of weeks back that he's not up to it.

But, credit where it's due, he looks to have an energy about him that I like.

Still a bit worried about his touch and ability to receive  in such a congested midfield. But fair play, 90% of foxestalk faith in the lad seems to be well founded at the mo

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Edingleyfox said:

Needs to play every week.No coincidence that results have improved having a player       that can run tackle and press teams back.He was everywhere today and we look a lot more solid with him in the team.I think he is more than just a defensive midfielder 

Yeah I agree he seems more like a box-to-box midfielder than someone who just sits. Reminds me of some of Danny Drinkwater's better games, though we haven't seen any quarterback style long passes yet. His all round game in each of the last three games has been impressive and he's seemed very confident. Not shying away from trying to pass the ball, run past a player of put in a crunching challenge.

I'm not sure he's ready yet to be played as a midfield two but in the three man central midfield he has been immense.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Yeah I agree he seems more like a box-to-box midfielder than someone who just sits. Reminds me of some of Danny Drinkwater's better games, though we haven't seen any quarterback style long passes yet. His all round game in each of the last three games has been impressive and he's seemed very confident. Not shying away from trying to pass the ball, run past a player of put in a crunching challenge.

I'm not sure he's ready yet to be played as a midfield two but in the three man central midfield he has been immense.

Towards, the end against Cardiff, we seemed rudderless.  Despite his age, he plays like a leader.  

Another good performance by Hamza. Just makes you wonder why it took so long for him to be given an opportunity this season. 

Got to be in the team now when he's fit for me. 

Apologies if there's already a Hamza thread, I couldn't find one. 

Massive credit to Puel on him. I thought he was nowhere near good enough seeing him and speaking to a Burton fan at work but he has proved that he is more than capable. 

If he can improve offensively he could become a really good box to box midfielder

I think Choudhury's ideal role would be taking Ndidi's spot with a more creative option in front of him.  He has the engine to be a box to box MF and reads the game well (his interceptions are the proof of that) but he's not an innately creative player or good distributor and that's not something most guys can ever learn.

2 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

Such a hard worker, gives his all.  But I have doubts if he played in a 2 man. Centre midfield.  In a 3 he has been the best of three.

i think  playing three in the middle has helped him settle in. it’s the perfect environment and gives him that support a new player breaking into the side needs.

as he grows, there will be a time when he will be able to play with just two down the middle. He’s almost there

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gerrytaggart said:

2 week old comment not ageing so well.

Indeed, and then again everyone, including the OP love to be proven wrong in such situations I am sure :)

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Indeed, and then again everyone, including the OP love to be proven wrong in such situations I am sure :)

Indeed. I do hope I'm wrong. But a bit early to decide if he's made it or not.

I've been been pleasantly surprised with his games, his touch is still suspect for the highest level and playing in a three is a whole different game to a two.

But he's energy, good engine, he's game and hopefully he'll develop his all round game. Good luck to him x

• Like 2

He is still young and he needs to be given time he will have bad games and good games , but he has that drive and the will to win you can’t train into someone 

Claude must be given a huge round of applause for how he has motivated and managed this young man , even the gentle suggestions of a loan move to keep him grounded and working hard. 

Its like we got a £30m player for free 

He’s quite lucky in that his game revolves from high energy and getting stuck in. Whether your on form or not they are two things he should be able to do consistently! He does need to improve with the ball but that will come and he is no worse than Ndidi currently with the ball at his feet. Has great pace over a short distance which is a great advantage in the premier league. Keep him in the squad 

• 4 weeks later...

Quote from Puel's press conference

“For Adrien, Mendy and Ndidi, we can play three in midfield and I think it will be an opportunity for Adrien (Silva) to have an opportunity in the second part of the season. We will see because it’s the end of the transfer window but for me, we have good balance and a good squad.

“It will be good at the end of the transfer window, for all the players, because they can keep their focus for the club. We can have players with different thoughts and we have to manage this situation.”

Surely if we're going to play 3 in midfield, Hamza is the first name on the team sheet? He should be playing every game imo. 

Edited by foxes21

2 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Quote from Puel's press conference

“For Adrien, Mendy and Ndidi, we can play three in midfield and I think it will be an opportunity for Adrien (Silva) to have an opportunity in the second part of the season. We will see because it’s the end of the transfer window but for me, we have good balance and a good squad.

“It will be good at the end of the transfer window, for all the players, because they can keep their focus for the club. We can have players with different thoughts and we have to manage this situation.”

Surely if we're going to play 3 in midfield, Hamza is the first name on the team sheet? He should be playing every game imo. 

Wtf.