Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Amartey signs new contract till 2022

18 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

Don't dislike Amartey but think he is a bit of a nothing player really. Not shit but hasn't exactly done much to deserve a new contract.

Scoring that goal in 2016 to make us draw 2-2 at Stoke was worth it alone.

• Like 1

Still a young player, a good lad too it seems. It's a shame he keeps picking injuries up right as he's getting into form, he also needs a run of games to get up to speed usually too.

Anyway can't complain, hope he's back for contention in the new year

His current contract would have expired in the summer if I’m correct so he would have left on a free meaning no money could be recouped so on a business front it makes sense. On the playing side of things I thought he was just starting to show a little promise so why not have a bit of a gamble as he won’t be on big wages. He is also another one who is still young plus he can play several positions which in theory we could get rid of two squad players and keep him as cover for example Simpson and King thus freeing up more wages and squad places 

Edited by baldeagle
  • Like 4

Another one signed because of Puel! As I’m sure the comments will go.

In as seriousness, good, hopefully he comes back as good as he was before the injury!

Still not 100% on him as a RB but he was adequate and arguably better than we have, he’s more than good back up!

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

My comment was a bit tongue in cheek because it clearly isn’t the same situation but the Matty James contract last season does make you think it could be timed better. That said, it was nearly 2

months since his injury so he would now have been given assurances that he can recover.

25 minutes ago, mod hero said:

Probably some big clubs watching so good to tie him down now.

Maybe a blessing in disguise he got injured actually because the big boys would’ve been circling in Jan. 

It seems West ham are in for a double swoop in january. Amartey and James. 

Seems the sick bay will be empty in the summer when Carol's contract expires.