Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Molson Canadian

Iborra Joins Villarreal

5 hours ago, STUHILL said:

I still think he was a good signing on paper, however he just hasn't fit into Puel's stubborn system of wanting 2 hard working, defensive CM's. Strangely, now Puel is more open to 3 CM's, think it would have suited Iborra hugely but ah well. 

I would still have liked to have seen more of him as he bossed games when he first joined and controlled things for us when we played well. I think he should have also featured more from the bench in games, where I think he could have been a goal threat for us with his aerial ability and strength. 

Wasn't to be though and that is a decent fee for a player who is a year older and deemed surplus goods! 

Good luck Iborra! Hasn't worked out here, but certainly won't go down as one of our worst signings!

I think Iborra would have worked in a 3. Imho you cannot have a 'strolling ' midfielder in a 2, in this day and age.

Perhaps the 3 came a little to late for him, and everyone knew (behind the scenes) that he had already made his decision, which is why Choudary got the nod. Or maybe Choudary was the final straw for Vicente?

I guess we will find out at some point. Great fee though, if it is really £9 million.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Babylon said:

It almost beggars belief, it really does. This short sighted blinkered thinking is a scourge of this place.

Iborra isn't playing = Puel's a moron, sack him.

Rather than

Iborra isn't playing = Perhaps the manager has a valid reason for him not playing, I don't know so I'll give him the benefit of doubt.

:appl:

3 hours ago, Paddy. said:

I don't think we need to see any further evidence that Puel hates anyone better looking than him. He clearly can't handle good-looking players. Why else would he sell Iborra, force out Silva and barely use Matty James? While at the same time he signs 3 absolute munters in Rachid (extra chromosome) Ghezzal, James (Clearisil) Maddison and Ricardo (conk) Perreira. 

Bad management all round. I heard a rumour that the Spaniard Iborra, wanted to return to top Spanish club Villarreal in his home country of Spain with his young Spanish family but that just seems too far fetched. It's much more likely that he's gone because he hates Claude.

Every time this shit comes up

islam-slimani.png

5 hours ago, knitro said:

It's not just your post but I don't understand how some people conclude James is preferred. Iborra wants to start or at least be more actively rotated in (likely the same with Silva), and they are not going to do that here while making too much money for the 4th CM spot. It's best for us, them and potential future players to find more suitable destinations for out of favor players versus withering away not playing. 

James has next to no market value - right now he has no buyers and is likely just happy to be included as he comes back from a series of injuries which normally end careers in their duration, intensiteee and variety. I think the hope is to play him in fringe games/as a sub to see either on the off chance he can recapture the form which once displayed Chelsea's Drinkwater. or create demand for him to be moved. I have my doubts about that first possibility (as I'm sure the club does too) and I think he should've been hooked at the half vs Newport but what's done is done. I expect James to make a few appearances over the next 5 months and then sold to a newly promoted team or someone in the Champ. 

When james was fit last year he was preferred over silva and Iborra.

10 hours ago, Babylon said:

How have we made nearly all our money back on Musa and Iborra?

lol

You only get paid what someone else is willing to pay. So it means obviously they are good players that others see except Puel and some Leicester City fans. Iborra was captain of Seville which has done very well when he was there (including 3 consecutive Europa Cup). Seville is currently 3rd in La Liga above Real Madrid. He could still have been there sitting pretty as captain if we did not destroy his career. Remember that he was good for us when he played in that one single decent run of games in 2017. I do not know why so many fans here had questioned him. 

Good luck Iborra. 

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Paddy. said:

I don't think we need to see any further evidence that Puel hates anyone better looking than him. He clearly can't handle good-looking players. Why else would he sell Iborra, force out Silva and barely use Matty James? While at the same time he signs 3 absolute munters in Rachid (extra chromosome) Ghezzal, James (Clearisil) Maddison and Ricardo (conk) Perreira. 

Bad management all round. I heard a rumour that the Spaniard Iborra, wanted to return to top Spanish club Villarreal in his home country of Spain with his young Spanish family but that just seems too far fetched. It's much more likely that he's gone because he hates Claude.

Are you saying that slimani and ulloa are coming back while mbamba will replace maguire? 

I do get the impression that we didn't really want to sell him and this was iborra's decision to head back to Spain for family reasons. If this is the case you can't blame anyone and it was fair of the club to allow him the move, even though they maybe didn't want to. I'm not blaming Puel too much for this one, but I do want to see a replacement come in. Someone who can dictate the play from the middle. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fox_favourite said:

I do get the impression that we didn't really want to sell him and this was iborra's decision to head back to Spain for family reasons. If this is the case you can't blame anyone and it was fair of the club to allow him the move, even though they maybe didn't want to. I'm not blaming Puel too much for this one, but I do want to see a replacement come in. Someone who can dictate the play from the middle. 

Absolutely. Oh for a Parker, Draper, Cambiasso even Lennon. Someone who can pass it and give the midfield shape.

6 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

You only get paid what someone else is willing to pay. So it means obviously they are good players that others see except Puel and some Leicester City fans. Iborra was captain of Seville which has done very well when he was there (including 3 consecutive Europa Cup). Seville is currently 3rd in La Liga above Real Madrid. He could still have been there sitting pretty as captain if we did not destroy his career. Remember that he was good for us when he played in that one single decent run of games in 2017. I do not know why so many fans here had questioned him. 

Good luck Iborra. 

Oh look another one who likes to spout off without actually checking his facts. He was CLUB captain because he didn't actually start that many games. He was so good they accepted a £7m offer from Sunderland the year before us, and of those three cup wins do you know how many minutes he actually played?

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Oh look another one who likes to spout off without actually checking his facts. He was CLUB captain because he didn't actually start that many games. He was so good they accepted a £7m offer from Sunderland the year before us, and of those three cup wins do you know how many minutes he actually played?

I thought he was Sevilla team captain for most of 2016/2017? At least twelve times captain in 31 matches. Plus half of their UEFA Champions League campaign and four times in the Copa del Rey, all as a starter.

5 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

I thought he was Sevilla team captain for most of 2016/2017? At least twelve times captain in 31 matches. Plus half of their UEFA Champions League campaign and four times in the Copa del Rey, all as a starter.

He would captain when he played, but he was a bit part player. It's like saying Wes is still captain, despite the fact Kasper started and captained more games.

On 07/01/2019 at 15:23, rachhere said:

Bye Vicente :cry::cry::cry:

I kind of just went along with this without questioning because we knew it was happening, but now I am thinking about the madness of it all. We have recently established we are best playing with 3 in midfield, but now look set to let our two most experienced midfielders go with Matty James our only back up to the first choice midfield 3... I can only assume we have someone amazing lined up as replacement.... 

Lol never assume anything! 

• Sad 1