Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Barnes coming back

As much as Puel has got a reputation for playing young players, it's hard to argue he'll get the best out of players like Barnes and Maddison. Puel is brave in giving young layers minutes but I don't think he improves them via coaching. I think Rodgers is an arsehole but playing under him would be much more beneficial than our slow, possession focussed style of play.

On 05/02/2019 at 19:44, coolhandfox said:

Sorry have to disagree, in the modern game, wide players and fullback have to be able to work together. Young players like Sane have had to deal with overlap/underlaping fullbacks.

Know I'm not comparing Barnes and Sane but if he wants to become a top player, that something he's got to workout and deal with. 

Takes two to tango. Can’t do it if Chilly can’t cope as well, which is more of the problem I think.

Edited by Tom12345

1 minute ago, dayday said:

I felt for him today, and also put a few Leicester fans straight in the pub during the game.

Yes he did miss 3 great chances, but at least he got in them positions.

Please don’t knock him, he will come good.

up the city!

I feel as soon as he bags a couple the pressure will be off and we'll start to see a real goal scorer. At the moment he fluffs his decisions in critical situations a bit but he'll get there.. we need to stick with him

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dayday said:

I felt for him today, and also put a few Leicester fans straight in the pub during the game.

up the city!

Jesus, you've got to give the lad a chance, how many has Gray missed up to now

This is in agreement with the quote btw

Edited by splinterdream

2 minutes ago, dayday said:

up the city!

We will benefit next season from days he had like this, once he gets one i'm sure he will be fine just give him time, looks so much better than last year:thumbup:

• Like 1

He got into more positive goal scoring positions in one game then i’ve seen Gray manage in 100 appearances for us. (A little hyperbole perhaps but probably not far off )

We can see he is an intelligent player otherwise he wouldn’t be making those runs. Let’s give him as much game time as possible, let him make the mistakes now and next season we will see the Barnes the West Brom fans were raving about. Don’t forget it took Chilwell a year of making mistakes before he came good, Pereira was dog muck at the start of the season, etc etc.

Edited by foxes21
  • Like 4

He's only 21 years old and has only played 4 Premier League games this season. Definitely frustrating to see him waste so many chances, but look on the positive side, how many chances did he make for himself or get into? That's the sign of a good player who keeps on going, and to be making such an impact at such an age is incredibly exciting. He really reminds me of Chilwell last season in that the potetial is definitely there, he just needs to cut out the mistakes and become more consistent, which Chilwell has managed to do.

All this said, after he missed that chance in the second half I kicked the seat in front of me and screamed "****" so loudly that I terrified the poor kid who was sitting in said seat (but luckily standing) :facepalm:. However, I am glad to report that did apologise to him and explain why I acted like a bellend,  and the kid agreed with my frustration and said not to worry ha ha! Good lad!

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

He got into more positive goal scoring positions in one game then i’ve seen Gray manage in 100 appearances for us. (A little hyperbole perhaps but probably not far off )

We can see he is an intelligent player otherwise he wouldn’t be making those runs. Let’s give him as much game time as possible, let him make the mistakes now and next season we will see the Barnes the West Brom fans were raving about. Don’t forget it took Chilwell a year of making mistakes before he came good, Pereira was dog muck at the start of the season, etc etc.

I actually think that might be accurate! You are right on the money, Barnes understands the role of an inside forward much better than any player we've had since Mahrez. He gets into the right positions and makes the right runs to score. The finishing will come, just look at his performances at West Brom. I feel ike Albrighton, Gray and Ghezall play more as traditional wingers, whereas Barnes plays more like a Mane or Salah and is a forward.

He's no doubt a confidence player. I bet if had score his first goal, he would have scored all 3 today.

Edited by StriderHiryu

He too was outstanding today. For a player of his inexperience and age to know when to time his runs and make a pass it great to see. We all saw how he did at WBA so we know he can score goals and finishing is one of his better skills. I feel he has a lack of belief to be a prem player as its all happened so quickly for him and he snatches at his chances or doesn't seem as direct as he can be. I think in the next few weeks when he settles he will be finishing these chances. The good news is he gets in unreal positions all the time and has that magical knack. No offense to the likes of Gray and Albrighton who I rate but neither get into them positive positions like our Harvey.

• Like 2

Shown more in the games since he’s been back than the likes of Gray, Iheanacho and Ghezzal all season. Not digging them out at all, rather making the point that we need to stick with him for the remainder of the season even if he has a few games where he is anonymous. 

Real footballer’s brain! 

• Like 1

Going to be a top player for us, I have no doubt. Those who are knocking him already are probably the same visionaries who said that Ben Chilwell wasn't good enough.

Gutted with the result but proud of that performance from our youngsters.

• Like 2