Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Barnes coming back

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He is turning in to a completely different player to what I saw of him in the academy, he could easily become a forward. He is so direct and intelligent.

I reckon you are right and he could play number 9 in the 4-2-3-1 the way Puel likes to play it to be honest Ric. He makes intelligent runs in behind, knows where the back of the net is and is very good with ball to feet in possession. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

I reckon you are right and he could play number 9 in the 4-2-3-1 the way Puel likes to play it to be honest Ric. He makes intelligent runs in behind, knows where the back of the net is and is very good with ball to feet in possession. 

I was just about to post that perhaps one day he could end up as a successor to Vardy. He’s quick, and has shown at WBA that he has an instinct for goals and can finish. Potentially has all the tools for the job.

3 hours ago, MPH said:

he’s got a footballers brain, a highly intelligent footballing brain... and to put it nicely, some of our first 11 don’t right now... can you imagine him playing alongside players on the same wavelength?

Indeed! I can't remember who it was now, but my husband was laughing at me on Sunday when one of our players completely missed a really good run Harvey made, and I was there shouting at the tv saying 'I knew what he was going to do, what didn't you!' Thing is the players at West Brom seemed to be able to tune in far more to what he was going to do, hence his success. Not entirely convinced that it was just that they spent more time playing with him either... 

• Like 2

Watched him for years and absolutely no question he'll reach a very high level. (Prem against Man Utd is pretty high I guess)

Mahrez is the player he is due to outstanding ability obviously but he was given space to play as we played Danny Simpson. It wouldn't have happened with Pereira in the side and we wouldn't have won the league with Pereira.

Quality player as is Chilwell but for Harvey to flourish he needs the space Mahrez was given, he's crowded out by his own player and receives the ball too late.

Tucking in alongside Madison ala Christmas tree with our side seems best

Edited by Bob Hazels shorts
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Watched him for years and absolutely no question he'll reach a very high level. (Prem against Man Utd is pretty high I guess)

Mahrez is the player he is due to outstanding ability obviously but he was given space to play as we played Danny Simpson. It wouldn't have happened with Pereira in the side and we wouldn't have won the league with Pereira.

Quality player as is Chilwell but for Harvey to flourish he needs the space Mahrez was given, he's crowded out by his own player and receives the ball too late.

Tucking in alongside Madison ala Christmas tree with our side seems best

Sorry have to disagree, in the modern game, wide players and fullback have to be able to work together. Young players like Sane have had to deal with overlap/underlaping fullbacks.

Know I'm not comparing Barnes and Sane but if he wants to become a top player, that something he's got to workout and deal with. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, rachhere said:

Indeed! I can't remember who it was now, but my husband was laughing at me on Sunday when one of our players completely missed a really good run Harvey made, and I was there shouting at the tv saying 'I knew what he was going to do, what didn't you!' Thing is the players at West Brom seemed to be able to tune in far more to what he was going to do, hence his success. Not entirely convinced that it was just that they spent more time playing with him either... 

i think at West Brom he was definitely one of the stand out players there. they built the team around him. he hasn’t yet gained that lvl of respect from our players.

On 03/02/2019 at 19:50, Dan LCFC said:

Start him every single game this season. There is no downside and a shit load of upside.

One of the major upsides being that we'll likely see less of Gray!

Let's be frank, we can only start with one striker with the options we have at our disposal. When that's the case, your other attacking options have to be a threat. Let's face it, our current wingers simply are not a threat. So don't play with wingers. 

----------KS

--RP--JE--HM--BC

-------WN--NM
-----YT--------JM
--------HB
------------JV

Alternatively, start Simpson and push Pereira forward as a temporary fix in a 4-2-3-1.

----------KS

--DS--JE--HM--BC

-------WN--YT
---RP---JM----HB
-----------
----------
JV

3 hours ago, Nod.E said:

One of the major upsides being that we'll likely see less of Gray!

Let's be frank, we can only start with one striker with the options we have at our disposal. When that's the case, your other attacking options have to be a threat. Let's face it, our current wingers simply are not a threat. So don't play with wingers. 

----------KS

--RP--JE--HM--BC

-------WN--NM
-----YT--------JM
--------HB
------------JV

Alternatively, start Simpson and push Pereira forward as a temporary fix in a 4-2-3-1.

----------KS

--DS--JE--HM--BC

-------WN--YT
---RP---JM----HB
-----------
----------
JV

I don't know how long Gray can go on with very minimal productivity and get away with it. I do think there's a good chance Barnes ends up putting Gray out of the side in the long-run.

Gray doesn't necessarily play badly in a lot of games but he just doesn't score or assist enough and I ask at times what he's in the side for.

18 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

When he skinned the full back and pulled back for Vardy :blush:

I'm liking him. Really hope we don't lose anyone this summer. I don't think we're far off being a good side. 

Same here

Creative mid... a midfield ‘spraytheballabouter’

and a quality striker and we’re well set imo

• Like 2

On 04/02/2019 at 14:44, Ric Flair said:

He is turning in to a completely different player to what I saw of him in the academy, he could easily become a forward. He is so direct and intelligent.

Yep really positive and comparing to what we saw (only glimpses) last season, looks a different player. For me, he starts at the moment ahead of others who have had a lot of chances and not exactly taken them...

Seems fairly comfortable with both feet as well... he’ll get better and better with game time. No matter how many reasons that I may have to disliking Puel, he does at least give youth a chance. Not sure he’s actually improving them or it’s just the increase in game time that’s improving them, but he is at least, doing what others do not, and that is putting his neck on the line by playing them.  

Edited by lcfceaves
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Yep really positive and comparing to what we saw (only glimpses) last season, looks a different player. For me, he starts at the moment ahead of others who have had a lot of chances and not exactly taken them...

Seems fairly comfortable with both feet as well... he’ll get better and better with game time. No matter how many reasons that I may have to disliking Puel, he does at least give youth a chance. Not sure he’s actually improving them or it’s just the increase in game time that’s improving them, but he is at least, doing what others do not, and that is putting his neck on the line by playing them.  

Agreed. Difficult to quantify if Puel actually improves the youth directly, or just allows them to improve by facilitating more game time. Suppose it doesn’t really matter too much if it works, and so far it seems too. Barnes is just what we need I think, confident, direct, skilful, what’s not to like?

• Like 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Agreed. Difficult to quantify if Puel actually improves the youth directly, or just allows them to improve by facilitating more game time. Suppose it doesn’t really matter too much if it works, and so far it seems too. Barnes is just what we need I think, confident, direct, skilful, what’s not to like?

Well some seem to have decided he’s not good enough after 1 & 1/2 games lol

14 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Cracking little article on sky sports that Barnes has done about how hard it is to get the break as a young player and how huge the step up from U23 to Premier 1st team is which is forcing the pool of English talent abroad to get their chance.

He then starts bigging up Leicester's / Puel willingness to put faith in youth, says all the young players are seeing this not only internally current 1st team, fringe and development players but also externally.

This surely will benefit us in the summer window when those young talented players are looking for their next steps, even those currently knocking around in the big 6 teams and just not getting game time.

We have U22s playing regularly in the 1st team and we have a large contingent in all age groups not only for England but Internationally and they must talk about the club and its plans..futures bright futures blue :scarf:

If you was someone like RLC or Foden you’d be thinking surely Leicester would be a perfect move for me right now.

not that I’m saying we’ll sign them.

1 hour ago, LCFC FOX said:

If you was someone like RLC or Foden you’d be thinking surely Leicester would be a perfect move for me right now.

not that I’m saying we’ll sign them.

Foden is a Man City fan and has a raging hard on for them. He's the poster child of the academy. They'll never let him leave, if he's good enough. His career will go one of two ways: 

1. Breaks through at Man City

2. Fails to break through at Man City, leaves for a much smaller club in his mid twenties and either kicks on or continues to fail because of his stunted development.

20 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Funny tidbit from Puel today lol:

“I wanted to take him again with us because I think he can bring his quality. I wanted to see a good aggressiveness and he has shown that in his play at West Brom.

“Last season when he came back there was not enough in his desire and aggressiveness, his desire to compete with the others. He came back like a little boy.

“My first words with him I wanted to see him with the right aggressiveness. He plays with good intensity v Man Utd and started the game well. I believe at the beginning it would be the player who would be afraid to play against United and first game at home, but he was the first player played with freedom, quality and penetration.”

All this "aggressiveness" ! Could explain our disciplinary record this season ?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BKLFox said:

Cracking little article on sky sports that Barnes has done about how hard it is to get the break as a young player and how huge the step up from U23 to Premier 1st team is which is forcing the pool of English talent abroad to get their chance.

He then starts bigging up Leicester's / Puel willingness to put faith in youth, says all the young players are seeing this not only internally current 1st team, fringe and development players but also externally.

This surely will benefit us in the summer window when those young talented players are looking for their next steps, even those currently knocking around in the big 6 teams and just not getting game time.

We have U22s playing regularly in the 1st team and we have a large contingent in all age groups not only for England but Internationally and they must talk about the club and its plans..futures bright futures blue :scarf:

Maybe, but that goes out the window if we part with Puel at the end of the season though doesn't it

• Like 1