Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Barnes coming back

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I know what you're saying but that's the excitement fans get when they see a young, untainted players ot theirs that they can pin their hopes on. Comes with the territory, if and when Barnes settles down in this team he is going to be a top player at this level. In many ways this environment is now perfect for him, he will get the last dozen games to build up his confidence and experience in the PL which ordinarily he might not of had such a free run at things.

Agree, and there are a lot of players that fit the bill in terms of that raw talent you can get excited about, which is another reason I struggle to understand the current toxicity around the club. 

Of course he's going to be an absolute star in a year or two's time, and like you say baring any complete disasters we've got a dozen games left with very little riding on any of them in which he can find his feet ready for next season. 

23 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Hes better built than the likes of Gray and maddison who are about 8 stone wet through - he likes to get stuck in a bit.

The two mentioned need to get on the bench press asap, not built for premiership football IMHO

Gray is 11.65 stone and Maddison 11.4 but whatever 8 stone wet through.

Maddison needs to protect the ball better but it's as much using your body as it is strength, Vardy and Mahrez are both slim but know how to use their bodies well whereas Maddison doesn't yet but he's barely played 20 top flight games so it'll come with experience.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Maddison needs to protect the ball better but it's as much using your body as it is strength, Vardy and Mahrez are both slim but know how to use their bodies well whereas Maddison doesn't yet but he's barely played 20 top flight games so it'll come with experience.

Fingers crossed he learns like Riyad and Vardy did. It took Riyad a good 18 months after signing with us to improve on this, by that point he was 24 wasn't he?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

No no, there were plenty on here saying we should get him back. 

I think you're missing my point. I'm pretty much just implying that most of the people on here don't come under the category of "anyone with a brain."

I was joking tbh. 

11 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Ok my points still stands regarding how lightweight they are, I think Gray's header straight at the keeper yesterday was one of the first times he's headed the ball, he always ducks out as does Maddison.

I didn't take the trouble to look up their exact weight in stones and pounds on the lcfc website but hopefully you got my drift. Nevermind. 

53 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

No, I said in the first post, he's done OK. 

No no, there were plenty on here saying we should get him back. 

Didn't say it wasn't, did I?

Dont be so defensive. I wasnt implying you said anything to the contrary

21 hours ago, sm1 said:

He's a top player,  but what the hell is going on with his profile on Sky. It looks like they've stuck his head on somebody else's body 

IMG_20190119_230150.jpg

He's a good looking lad but that certainly isn't the most flattering of pictures. :D

Reminds me a bit of Mo Salah actually, a very intelligent player. 

I feel we're not too far away from having a really, really good side. Maddison and Barnes have the potential to be top notch and if we can just find another attacking midfielder to go along side them with maybe Mahrez like attributes we'd have a brilliant attacking three. Tielemans looked just what we needed and threaded a lot of balls through yesterday and Ndidi would be the prefect foil for him. 

Our full backs as a pair are up there alongside the best in the division, I could mention the whole side really. If we can just find the missing ingredients then we could challenge the top six I feel in the next year or two.  

On 09/02/2019 at 16:49, Nicolo Barella said:

Tbh I think Puel will still be here next season. 

Ditto..!!

This is only the beginning of the revolution....

New bakery to be opened.....Dragons Den,ready to invest in the incredible demand for  humble pie ....:bounce:

Its a big couple of years for him now as a player. Theres countless amounts of england players and players in general that have that ability to beat players but more often that not dont get the return in assists and goals. I just hope he doesnt end up down that route.

Maddison similarly. At the moment we are accepting they are young and in need of time. But linking him to spurs is madness. Hes lightyears behind Eriksen, an example of someone who is the finished article and has that consistent end product.

This thread proves to me there are too many who look to moan about moaners.

People wanted him back and given time. He's come back, shown promise albeit not an end product yet. Hardly anyone's moaning about him.

Too many looking for issues that aren't there.

• Like 1

Pleased he has come back and got game time unlike last time, thought sunday was his brightest performance yet, not sure if he just rushed his finishes, or got more time in the championship, but he got in those positions and clearly from his time on loan knows where the goal is, so it will come, a bit like Vardy who looked like he had forgotten what the goal looked like when he 1st arrived, that turned out ok lol 

Give the lad time, not wanting to bash gray for example, but he's now got what 50 starts and 100 games under his belt and his end product of improving, I think we can take something from Barnes loans, in that he has something to work with.

• Like 1