Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Barnes coming back

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

He's done OK, but he isn't the new Mahrez like the fanbase had convinced themselves. 

Guess that's Puel's fault. 

Literally nobody with a brain said he was the new Mahrez, wind your neck in. 

A couple of idiots on social media =/= "the fanbase."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

OK maybe not that far, but this place wae baying for him to come back and go straight into the lineup. 

This place = a couple of idiots on social media. 

I used to naively assume that this place would be, by power of averages, a pretty representative slice of the fanbase in general. That the general consensus of foxestalk would be similar to the general consensus of most fans. 

But the more you talk to other city fans in the work place or at the ground or out and about the more you realise there's some weird ass views on here. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

OK maybe not that far, but this place wae baying for him to come back and go straight into the lineup. 

and it was the right thing for him to do.

As an aside, Do you think Mahrez was breaking into the starting 11 of a prem team when he was the same age?

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

I used to naively assume that this place would be, by power of averages, a pretty representative slice of the fanbase in general. That the general consensus of foxestalk would be similar to the general consensus of most fans. 

But the more you talk to other city fans in the work place or at the ground or out and about the more you realise there's some weird ass views on here. 

I'd suggest limiting your comparison sample group to 'people allowed out of the house' is the source of any disparity.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

He played well, he looked a bit rushed in front of goal, he's a kid and he'll learn. 

You can't wank yourselves silly that we're giving youth a chance one minute and complain that they lack a bit of composure or experience the next. 

There'll be plenty more moments and games like Sunday before all these lads come of age in footballing terms. 

I saw it differently, I thought that he took a touch or two too many in front if goal.

Misses aside, he has hit the ground running and made yet another step up with relative ease.  He'll be some player.

Edited by murphy

6 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

I think he's learned the harsh lesson that goalkeepers in the prem are a bit better than in the championship. Once he gets his eye though, he's going to be a great player for us. 

I think these mistakes will be a blessing in disguise, Hes highly intelligent and i love the positions he gets himself into for a cutthroat pass. the potential is massive aslong as the fans do NOT boo him or crush his confidence. ffs

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

Creates chances, is quick, gets into good positions, runs with the ball and shoots from the right areas. Our other wingers do one or two of those things at most.

The fact he's getting in these positions is exciting, as everyone is saying the finishing will come

I've been very impressed with him since his return. 

He's positive, drives at teams, works hard to get back And gets into good positions. Yes, his finishing has been poor but let's face it. Yesterday he played against a CL side at Wembly. A month or two ago, he was playing at Ewood against Blackburn. It's a massive jump up. 

I'm more looking forward to him next year. A good run of games just now and a proper pre season with us and I think he'll be far more sharp and clinical. 

56 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

That seems a bit charitable to this place.

Yeah, he lacked a bit of composure yesterday, that'll come with time - hell, Vardy had that issue in the 14/15 season, hit some form and didn't look back - but he's direct, he's suprisingly strong, can go both ways and seems to have a good final ball in (should have had an assist vs Man Utd, could have had one yesterday with his cutbacks). If he carries on this development and gets some composure I can see him nailing down an England spot before the next world cup

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

For me, he seems to have justified it so far.

Are you saying he's not been good?

No, I said in the first post, he's done OK. 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

No no, there were plenty on here saying we should get him back. 

1 hour ago, MPH said:

and it was the right thing for him to do.

Didn't say it wasn't, did I?

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

And they were justified in wanting that. He has been decent and will get better. Not to mention, had we not done and Albrighton is out for the season then this place would be evil.

Love that when he gets wide and to the byline, he actually looks up and cuts it back to a teammate rather than just blindly playing the ball into the area. He's created a few chances already this way and can consider himself unlucky not to have an assist or two to his name. Frustrating when Gray or Chilwell get into a good position but don't get their heads up and pick someone out.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

I think he's learned the harsh lesson that goalkeepers in the prem are a bit better than in the championship. Once he gets his eye though, he's going to be a great player for us. 

Better as in if you kick it wide of the goal or straight at them the ball doesn't go in?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

And they were justified in wanting that. He has been decent and will get better. Not to mention, had we not done and Albrighton is out for the season then this place would be evil.

I never said that wanting him back wasn't justified. I wanted to bring him back. 

The issue that I have is the pressure he seemed to be put under from minute one, people saw the outrageous stuff he was doing in the Championship, and they wanted it recreated for us straight away. He's still a kid, to even expect him to start every week and replace a seasoned top flight campaigner like MA is unfair imo. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I never said that wanting him back wasn't justified. I wanted to bring him back. 

The issue that I have is the pressure he seemed to be put under from minute one, people saw the outrageous stuff he was doing in the Championship, and they wanted it recreated for us straight away. He's still a kid, to even expect him to start every week and replace a seasoned top flight campaigner like MA is unfair imo. 

I know what you're saying but that's the excitement fans get when they see a young, untainted players ot theirs that they can pin their hopes on. Comes with the territory, if and when Barnes settles down in this team he is going to be a top player at this level. In many ways this environment is now perfect for him, he will get the last dozen games to build up his confidence and experience in the PL which ordinarily he might not of had such a free run at things.

Barnes had a strange game, I think it was a poor performance because he squandered some great chances but if he had taken them he would have been by far our man of the match.

I like Barnes, he’s gets in some great positions with fantastic runs, that’s the hard bit to learn, just needs to develop his finishing in front of goal and he’ll be class. Fingers crossed for him.