Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Brighton Home 2-1 Post Match Thread

Some great bits, some of the old glaring errors. Frankly I don't think some of them will get sorted until the players are just more experienced. We are so nieve and our own worst enemy at times, plenty of coaching and minutes under the belt ahead before we lose that from our game.

Though Gray was fantastic tonight, he's been woeful of late and really stepped it up several level. More of that and he might have cracked it. 

Barnes another one with some great bits. But again at times his inexperience showd when he didn't use runs to create space for himself, or didn't take the extra step into the box to put their defender under extra pressure. It will come, he gets in great positions and once it clicks he'll smash it.

Maddison... frustrating again, taking too many touches, wanting too much time or mos controlling every other pass to him. I want more from him, these are easy fixes. Keep it simple and lay it off quicker now and again.

Full of promise and exciting to see what Rodgers can do. Desperately wanted Claude to succeed, but I think we can all see the groundwork and foundations that have been put in place, and Rodgers could build something special on them.

• Like 4

Agreed i thought gray had one of his best games of the season, i really feel hes gonna kick on under rodgers and become much more of a consistant threat, ricardo was solid, felt maguire and evans were decent and did an ok job against a side who are dangerous from set peices, mendy did a tidy job when he came on, maddison aside from his assist was terrible, and echo all about harvey barnes, what an engine the lads got on him, just needs that 1st goal and its off to the races, the relief at the final whistle was massive

• Like 1

Barnes is twice the player Maddison will be isnt he?

I love Vards to bits but he just hasnt got that fear factor anymore it seems and doesnt seem that hard to play against.

3 points much needed but have played better in the last few weeks and come away with nothing

Mixture of a performance tonight, some moments of brilliance but we also rode our luck at times.

A lot of backwards and sideways passes at times again tonight; however when the likes of Tielemans, Gray and Barnes found space we looked quite dangerous. 

Maddison got a much needed assist but his overall decision making again was piss poor, Vardy got a much needed goal but struggled at times. Defence looked a bit ropey, luckily for us Brighton's finishing was poor.

4 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Barnes is twice the player Maddison will be isnt he?

I love Vards to bits but he just hasnt got that fear factor anymore it seems and doesnt seem that hard to play against.

3 points much needed but have played better in the last few weeks and come away with nothing

what sort of comment is this lol 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alex_LCFC said:

Hearing all this about madders, I think as lightweight and sloppy his passes were (some) he deserves huge credit for vardys goal 

he's not far off becoming a very good player Rodgers will sort him out like Babylon said its minor things like releasing the ball earlier you can see there is a player in there, lets not forget its his first season in the Prem