Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Brighton Home 2-1 Post Match Thread

Worst we have played for a while after the first 30 minutes, but in this case the result is more important than the performance. Still some good points, how good is Harvey Barnes going to be and what a run by Harry Cruyff Maguire what a goal that would have been. Onwards and upwards time for Brendon to work his magic. 

• Like 1

Worst we have played for a while after the first 30 minutes, but in this case the result is more important than the performance. Still some good points, how good is Harvey Barnes going to be and what a run by Harry Cruyff Maguire what a goal that would have been. Onwards and upwards time for Brendon to work his magic. 

Just now, Xen said:

Good result, average performance.

Gray was good, Barnes a revelation. Apart from the second goal Maddison was poor and Vardy a passenger.

Plenty for Rodgers to work on.

Something not right with the Vardy Maddison como, yes we scored with it and that's great. But that pairing doesn't have a long term feel about it. Maddison is raw and by the time he ever gets it spot on, Vardy will be finished. It's a slight worry and it's a tricky thing to try and solve. We'll see, perhaps I'm jumping the gun.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Yeah I realised is misread your post so I edited lol

Still think he should be ahead of Mendy

Don't particularly disagree tbh, I'm a big fan of Hamzah, but I just don't think it's a massive surprise that he's dropped back out the squad since YT arrived

36 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Barnes is ****ing great. Wish he scored one of his chances.

Considering new manager bounce I thought we were lucky to win.

Total opposite to gray, gray is a selfish player who shots when he should pass, Barnes passes when he should shot ? 

Of the two players Barnes has a bright future and could be a player with more experience, just isn’t quite ready, but definitely one for the future.

10 minutes ago, Alex_LCFC said:

Hearing all this about madders, I think as lightweight and sloppy his passes were (some) he deserves huge credit for vardys goal 

Madders will come good. I just think he's had the confidence sucked out of him by being told to play that way to be honest. BR will turn him around and I still think he'll be a top player tbh.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, smitha said:

I gave you a rep +1 for the post - you are not getting another for posting it twice :P

1 minute ago, Foxhead said:

Madders will come good. I just think he's had the confidence sucked out of him by being told to play that way to be honest. BR will turn him around and I still think he'll be a top player tbh.

I hope he does and think he will, disagree with your point about having confidence sucked out of him though, he was given pretty much a free reign under Puel. But thats my opinion and like you said BR could perhaps turn this around. For me he plays too deep right now. 

1 minute ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I gave you a rep +1 for the post - you are not getting another for posting it twice :P

Aw go on, you cannot blame a man for trying, still getting used to the new phone and for a man nearly 50 it's a real challengelol

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Something not right with the Vardy Maddison como, yes we scored with it and that's great. But that pairing doesn't have a long term feel about it. Maddison is raw and by the time he ever gets it spot on, Vardy will be finished. It's a slight worry and it's a tricky thing to try and solve. We'll see, perhaps I'm jumping the gun.

There was a time in the second half Maddison played an over hit ball to Barnes when Vardy was on his other side in acres for 1 on 1.

It really annoyed me.