Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Brighton Home 2-1 Post Match Thread

Wasn't expecting huge bounce, and I think that makes the win all the more important and notable - Rodgers seems a logical successor in many ways, but with a stronger presence and man management skills (it would seem), so hopefully he tweaks rather than overhauls - Palace 2nd half apart, we've not been far off lately.

• Like 3

A win's a win, and god it feels good.

Positives:

We won, Barnes was immense, Gray was good in spells, looked a little more solid at the back, movement in the final third was better, Brighton are hopeless in front of goal, Maguire and Evans better than last week, Mendy came on when needed and made a difference. No subs were boo'd...

Negatives:

Really nervous, atmosphere gave off nervy vibe.. (can we not have a go/jeer the players playing keep ball when we are 2-1 up with 5 mins to go? Seriously, some idiots out there), Maddison and Vardy poor until the goal, Maddison slows the play down too much yet for the Vardy goal took two touches I think, he needs to get himself in those areas more and be that effective. Passing was mostly terrible...

Puel effect isn't going to disappear over night, and confidence looked low in a lot of them, they were as nervy as the crowd... maybe nervous in front of the new manager or trying to impress too much?

Looking forward to seeing what Brendan does, feel excited for match days again...

Edited by lcfceaves

1 minute ago, sishades said:

Good sub by Stowell bringing on Mendy. We looked better after that

Yep the double pivot solidified the middle of the park, and by god did we need it. Tielemans was good today, but him and Maddison were getting bypassed too often.

But I prefer the double pivot to close games out rather than to start off with.

Thoughts on the game:- 

• Yay we won at home..
  • Barnes is looking to be THE player.. Excellent.. Little bit more focus on the goal and sorted. 
  • Vardy scored
  • Moved upto 11th
  • (Wolves lost to Hudders hehhe) 
  •  

However (there is always a however) we played better against other teams but without the results. Didnt see any difference without Puel at the helm and I'm not saying that it wont change but for that game it didnt. Was expecting more!

Up until the goal Vardy was invisible and we still are either not playing to his strengths or he needs to adjust more. That will hopefully change with BR.

Ndidi i would 100% swap for Hamza. He just switches off sometimes and seem to be in a world of his own. Unacceptable! Hamza usually plays his heart out for a full 90 mins.  

Many basic errors tonight that luckily Brighton didnt capitalize on. Kasper made some good saves and without him we could easily have lost that. Brighton, tonight suffered from what we have been suffering from and thats not being able to stick it in the net. If Murray had had a better game we would have been lucky to have got a draw. 

Sorry if i sound harsh after our 1st home win in forever

WHEW. Brighton really did miss some clear cut chances, but then again we've been guilty of that at times. Tonight, though, at the crunch we took our chances.

Barnes brilliant, Vardy, Gray very good. I want to give a shout out for Mendy. He's a good player when actually charged with carrying out the DMF role. He moped up well, brought a lot of solidity to our midfield which I think is why Brighton were less effective. He's a great sub to bring on in those circumstances. Really chuffed he did so well and that those playmaking responsibilities have been taken away.

A win at home is always something to cherish. The club is looking up.

1 minute ago, lcfceaves said:

A win's a win, and god it feels good.

Positives:

We won, Barnes was immense, Gray was good in spells, looked a little more solid at the back, movement in the final third was better, Brighton are hopeless in front of goal, Maguire and Evans better than last week, Mendy came on when needed and made a difference. No subs were boo'd...

Negatives:

Really nervous, atmosphere gave of nervy vibe.. (can we not have a go/jeer the players playing keep ball when we are 2-1 up with 5 mins to go? Seriously, some idiots out there), Maddison and Vardy poor until the goal, Maddison slows the play down too much yet for the Vardy goal took two touches I think, he needs to get himself in those areas more and be that effective. Passing was mostly terrible...

Puel effect isn't going to disappear over night, and confidence looked low in a lot of the players, they were as nervy as the crowd... Players maybe nervous in front of the new manager or trying to impress too much.

Looking forward to seeing what Brendan does, feel excited for match days again...

I thought that. Why were people moaning about us slowing it down and trying to bring some control to our performance? Bringing Mendy on and keeping it simple was 100% the right thing to do. 

• Like 4

Finally a win! Needed that for all our sakes. Played some really good counter attacking stuff at times. Still very sideways and hesitant aswell though.

I said it on Saturday and I'll say it again. Maddison = SO overrated. His corners are utterly hopeless. Had an easy ball to play through to Barnes aswell and he completely cocked it up. Has alot of potential but nowhere near as good as he thinks he is.