Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

CALLUM WILSON

52 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Sturridge on a free seems more likely to me, can’t see us spending £40m on one player, we wouldn’t for Sigurdsson. Who knows under the Brodge though, must have been promised funds

Just what I was going to say. If he ends up a free transfer I'd be very surprised if Brenda doesn't go for him. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Rather we took a punt on Che Adams tbh

Good shout. Callum Wilson is a good player and I would argue that in today's climate is actually worth that amount of money (look at fees for Richarlison, Sigurdsson, Slimani etc), but I think it's too much to pay for a player that has never got to the 20 goal mark in a season. Vardy's done it twice so if we are paying top dollar it needs to be someone at that level. Slimani was expensive and didn't work out, but his goal record in Portugal was very good and even for us he scored goals and made more of an impact that Ihenacho has so far. I think Che Adams has the ability to play as a one up top, has a good attitude and is a local lad. I think he'd be a good player to have that would be patient to rotate with Vardy with an eye to taking over in a few years time.

£40m for Wilson at his age and with dodgy knees seems ridiculous.

On the other hand we did spend £70m on three strikers - Slimani, Musa and Iheanacho who have weighed in with a massive 11 league goals between them!

On that basis, Wilson is a bargain!

1 hour ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Sturridge on a free seems more likely to me, can’t see us spending £40m on one player, we wouldn’t for Sigurdsson. Who knows under the Brodge though, must have been 

A quick Google of Sturridge and 5 hrs ago HITC link ? Rodgers to reignite Sturridges career. I'm not posting the link for obvious reasons but yeah your right, more than likely he'll consider him 

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots

We've spent £12m on a reserve goalkeeper and £19m on a defender that hardly makes the squad, don’t get why people are worried about £40m for a striker.

16 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

££££££

bournemouth are loaded tho? they don’t need the money and i doubt we’d give him substantial amounts more than he’s on/could force them to give him with a new contract  

This would be a terrible transfer anywhere near that price. Further, that's essentially pushing Vardy out (or we play two strikers) - you don't pay that for a player and not have him starting every week. Do we all think Vardy is cooked? Why buy a prime-aged striker when we probably all expect 1/2 seasons at minimum more from Jamie?

Edited by knitro

Honestly surprised we didn’t sign him from Cov back in the day. Always clearly been a superb forward.

Doubt we’d pay out £40 mil though, with his injury issues it’s probably unlikely anyway.

Undoubtedly a very good player, but very similar in style to Vardy, who we've said all season doesn't really fit with our style of play anymore, if we're going to spend that sort of money on a striker I'd want someone who offers a different skill set

40 million for Wilson is absolutely mental.  I know everyone wants us to spend crazy money under Rodgers but there's no reason to piss it away in a fit of euphoria.  Big 6 clubs can afford mistakes like that.  We can't.