Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Watford, A Match Thread

Was a pretty disappointing first half to be honest.

We lost our dynamism. The old spine of Kasper, Morgan, Vardy is so 2015.

Maddison has been sidelined, we're slow at the back and slow getting the ball forward. Chilwell and Ricardo seem to be used less in that half than normal which is counterproductive.

Biggest lack is Barnes, they're not giving him the ball enough and no Demarai!

I'd get Morgan off, go back to a 4, bring Gray on and attack, still pushing chillers and Ricardo up the wings, playing 2 at the back, not 3. We're just wasting a player.

No Hamza on the bench is the biggest surprise for me.

Morgan shouldn't play for us again and if someone wants to pay a lot for Maguire in the summer I won't cry.

For today's game if he wanted to play 3 CBs then it should have been Evans in the centre with Caglar on the right, the centre of the 3 needs to be the best ball playing and Morgan reminds me of a circus balancing act whilst riding a unicycle.

Im not seeing 3 at the back with players we have, Barnes and Maddison doing nothing for us today the line up v Brighton would have been better there was more balance and options with the extra forward in Gray, we are reliant on Ricardo on the right he loses it and they off down that wing the other night Gray was there for support.

4 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

You've just said it yourself there pal, he's had 4 days of training and installed a whole new system... Rodgers has to take a bit of responsibility there. Players are clearly not comfortable with it. 

do you want him to stick with puels waynof doing things? how else are they supposed to get used to  a new way of playing style if they done play it?

Pretty dire stuff as a game but, in context, I'm not surprised. We're looking like a team that are not quite sure, trying to change but still with old habits.

Watford look a decent side. Tight defensively, good on the ball in attack but just let down by poor finishing.

We need to inject some more direct pace up front. It's Gray time I think.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, H.a.r.r.y said:

its just not enjoyable to watch Leicester this season, especially Kasper, why couldn't he run to the edge of his 6-yard box and catch the ball? i think it's time...

Cos we have a deep line for a reason where the defenders are meant to be the block. 

Really not sure what Morgan was trying to do with Deeney there. Trying to hold him down but just helped him in the end.

Morgan's the issue there, not Kasper.

• Like 1

Just now, Chelve84 said:

Rodgers has only had 5 days pal. What was you expecting? Wholesale changes? None of them are even Rodgers players.

and we are forgetting Watford are a decent side

He didn’t need to reinvent the ****ing wheel though did he? Stowell put an exciting attacking team out on Tuesday night playing 4-1-4-1 with Gray and Barnes causing problems all night. 

Instead he’s completely changed the formation and brought back in our 35 year old club captain who most would agree is past it and we looked shambolic. 

• Like 1

look we aren't getting relegated this season so its a free hit for the rest of the season for rodgers for me. its next season where we should expect change... hes only had 4 days. i hope he gives them a gd half time team talk tho as they need it. not sure weather 3 at the back is working. something needs changing... and thats what hes paid for to do... so hopefully he's a bit more tactically minded than puel and makes the correct subs at the right times in the second half. we will do well under rodgers he just needs time.

1 minute ago, yks said:

The fact the season is a write off makes the decision of sacking Puel even more ridiculous.
We are back at stage 1.

Rather than sack him in the summer and start at stage 1 then?

I'd rather go into the summer with Rodgers knowing the players he wants and doesn't want. Additionally getting to know the players and identifying targets before summer gives us a huge advantage.

6 minutes ago, Cujek said:

Omg some of you really need to take a look at what you posting.

WTF do you expect, do you think it's all going to be different after Puel been gone a week, the guy beat the confidence out of this lot.

We were l7cky against Brighton and this Watford team is a lot better than them.

Just relax, get behind the team and the manager and we wil be ok.

How very rich... 

• Haha 1

Just now, MPH said:

ok so now a new system has been introduced do you honestly expect them to pick everything  straight back up again first game?

Well they couldn't do what Puel wanted them to do so if Rodgers has come in to play the football that suits the players they should look a lot better than that imo

It is early and I'm optimistic for the future but let's move on from blaming Puel now and address the issues we have within the squad

1 minute ago, yks said:

The fact the season is a write off makes the decision of sacking Puel even more ridiculous.
We are back at stage 1.

I don't think so, giving a new manager the rest of the season to work with the squad and learn the players ways etc give them the best chance to recruit what he wants for "his brand of football". Bringing someone in in the summer doesn't give us that. 

1 minute ago, Swan Lesta said:

It’s 3412 and the idea of it is not to accommodate Wes Morgan it’s to prevent the striker being isolated which it is doing.

Only thing embarrassing here is you giving Brendan Rodgers 45 minutes and still harping on about Puel who couldn’t change a formation in 14 months.

Agree, they are a cancer on this forum which is why I rarely bother with this Shite, I mean site, anymore.

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Cos we have a deep line for a reason where the defenders are meant to be the block. 

Really not sure what Morgan was trying to do with Deeney there. Trying to hold him down but just helped him in the end.

Morgan's the issue there, not Kasper.

all he had to do was stand still...
but no he went back and let it through his hands, i don't know what he actually does sometimes

Goodness me, the amount of crap some people are spouting in here is baffling. I see Wes is still the favourite to bash, despite making a goal saving block and keeping Deeney quiet apart from the goal, which was offside. And having a dig at Kasper after making another great save? Even his distribution has been on point today. How the hell is he facing criticism from his performance today? So much prejudice going on it's unreal!

Maguire has been embarrassingly poor with the ball, so much so that Chilwell is carrying the ball to the other wing! Maddison is getting bossed by Doucouré and Hughes. Barnes misses a nice chance. Pereira is masterfully playing it centrally or back to the defenders every time and Vardy has received treatment and forced a yellow card. Some of you lot should remove those blinkered glasses and assess your favourites as harshly as those you seem intent on discrediting.

Edited by shen
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, GingerrrFox said:

He didn’t need to reinvent the ****ing wheel though did he? Stowell put an exciting attacking team out on Tuesday night playing 4-1-4-1 with Gray and Barnes causing problems all night. 

Instead he’s completely changed the formation and brought back in our 35 year old club captain who most would agree is past it and we looked shambolic. 

This post smacks of wanting the new manager to fail cause he's still in love with Puel, what an absolute guff muffin! I don't care what happens this season now,Rodgers won't be judged till next season.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Not a great first half at all, get Morgan off Gray on

Can't see where Morgan is the problem...!!! After the goal ,where he should of done better,in fact terrible ,but since he's been holding the middle well..

We have been ponderous in midfield...not releasing either Chilwell or Barnes early enough..Not supporting Ricardo...

And some poor passing when in strong positions...Maguire defending ok,but ponderous on the ball when moving forward...

Evans good covering,Ndidi poor midfield defending,wrong side of the ball,everytime. 

Tielemans..needs to be more prominent

Our free kicks like always...lousy...

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Rather than sack him in the summer and start at stage 1 then?

I'd rather go into the summer with Rodgers knowing the players he wants and doesn't want. Additionally getting to know the players and identifying targets before summer gives us a huge advantage.

Rather than sticking with the project that no less guarantees to work than the new one, except we had 18 months of work behind us.