Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Watford, A Match Thread

2 minutes ago, Cujek said:

Omg some of you really need to take a look at what you posting.

WTF do you expect, do you think it's all going to be different after Puel been gone a week, the guy beat the confidence out of this lot.

We were l7cky against Brighton and this Watford team is a lot better than them.

Just relax, get behind the team and the manager and we wil be ok.

Embarrassing. 

2 minutes ago, Cujek said:

Omg some of you really need to take a look at what you posting.

WTF do you expect, do you think it's all going to be different after Puel been gone a week, the guy beat the confidence out of this lot.

We were l7cky against Brighton and this Watford team is a lot better than them.

Just relax, get behind the team and the manager and we wil be ok.

This! 

This season is now a write off and just a platform for Brendan to start building what he wants and to identify what he needs in the summer. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MPH said:

so you think the players were suited to the style puel tried to play? i can’t take you seriously if you think they were.

Of course not. They can't pass a 5 yard ball to their teammates. They're made for kick and rush. No point in Tielemans sticking around

How many managers do we go through until we start looking at the players though mate?

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 1

Thoughts:

-Very Puel-esque, decent and in control in very small spells but ultimately too slow a tempo
-Schmeichel really bugs me with his distribution and decision making
-Tielemans is class

-Not a personal fan of 352 i like our fullbacks to overlap on wingers and not a massive fan of Morgan starting. Play to our strengths 
-Not Barnes day (but when he finally nets i don't think he'll stop)

BUT.....got to stick with this young team the potential is clearly there and rodgers has only been through the door 5 mins will take time for him to implement his tactics and experience. When that middle core of Tielemans Madders Barnes clicks we will have something special. Can definitely get a result this second half. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Of course not. They can't pass a 5 yard ball to their teammates. They're made for kick and rush. No point.t Tielemans sticking around

ok so now a new system has been introduced do you honestly expect them to pick everything  straight back up again first game?

Love Wes, but I don't think he works in a 3. He works alongside Evans in a 2 and that's it.

You could tell Watford were targeting an early goal, as we're so vulnerable to it, and then they can sit back to absorb any possession based attacks we try to craft, and prevents us counter-attacking. We need to score early in the second half and get some confidence back, or it's going to drain.

7 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

It’s actually embarrassing seeing people who were screaming for Puel to get out of this club now try and make excuses for Brendan Rodgers.

Just face facts lads, this 3-4-2-1 experiment to bring Wes back in has failed miserably so far.

Rodgers has only had 5 days pal. What was you expecting? Wholesale changes? None of them are even Rodgers players.

and we are forgetting Watford are a decent side

• Like 1

1 minute ago, browniefox said:

This! 

This season is now a write off and just a platform for Brendan to start building what he wants and to identify what he needs in the summer.

The fact the season is a write off makes the decision of sacking Puel even more ridiculous.
We are back at stage 1.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Crispin LA said:

Players finding it hard playing this system, let's go back to how we used to, Watford are all over us. New style not working, he should have introduced it slowly. 1st game in charge and the players have to play a new style 

I agree with this, the players literally don’t know where to stand at times, hence there’s nothing on. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

So Brendan... what did you think to the 1st half... 

“The players were magnificent. I’m incredibly proud of them” :thumbup:

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1