Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Watford, A Match Thread

Disappointing half. Need far more movement off the ball. Players need to have their head up looking for a pass before they receive the ball. It’s taking way too long to build attacks.

Looks a big job to re-coach this lot at the moment. As I said that’s what the next 5 months are for.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I genuinely dispair when I read comments like this. We haven't had a shot on target in 45 minutes of football and you think we've looked good? Ridiculous.

Hes had 4 days in charge hes not a miracle worker.

A game is made out of 2 halfs.

We will win this game 

Just now, fuchsntf said:

Can't see where Morgan is the problem...!!! After the goal ,where he should of done better,in fact terrible ,but since he's been holding the middle well..

We have been ponderous in midfield...not releasing either Chilwell or Barnes early enough..Not supporting Ricardo...

And some poor passing when in strong positions...Maguire defending ok,but ponderous on the ball when moving forward...

Evans good covering,Ndidi poor midfield defending,wrong side of the ball,everytime. 

Tielemans..needs to be more prominent

Our free kicks like always...lousy...

Any of the 3 will do need to change formation 

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Well they couldn't do what Puel wanted them to do so if Rodgers has come in to play the football that suits the players they should look a lot better than that imo

It is early and I'm optimistic for the future but let's move on from blaming Puel now and address the issues we have within the squad

no one is blaming puel anymore but give it more than 45 minutes before drawing conclusions for goodness sake. lol

4 minutes ago, browniefox said:

I don't think so, giving a new manager the rest of the season to work with the squad and learn the players ways etc give them the best chance to recruit what he wants for "his brand of football". Bringing someone in in the summer doesn't give us that. 

You just need the guarantee it will work better with Rodgers than Puel.

We don't.
We just wrote off 18 months of work with no guaranties of success.

Edited by yks

11 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

How long does Puel stay as the fall guy then? After that does it all go onto Rodgers or do we look at the players  who can't pass a ball 5 yards without it going out of play or to an opposition player. Or the players that can't keep it tight for the first 15 minutes of a game despite us constantly conceding early every game? 

That's only occurred this season under Puel. Give Rodgers some time ffs. Anyone expecting major changes today is expecting a miracle.

1 minute ago, MPH said:

no one is blaming puel anymore but give it more than 45 minutes before drawing conclusions for goodness sake. lol

Fair play. It just drives me potty conceding in the first 10 minutes again. Needed a rant

Just now, The Fox Covert said:

You can say '5hit' or 'Sh1t'. But now Puel has gone you can't say 'Merde' any more.

Just now, The Fox Covert said:

Careful - arranging sentences 

Under each other might 

Not get across

The message clearly 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

He didn’t need to reinvent the ****ing wheel though did he? Stowell put an exciting attacking team out on Tuesday night playing 4-1-4-1 with Gray and Barnes causing problems all night. 

Instead he’s completely changed the formation and brought back in our 35 year old club captain who most would agree is past it and we looked shambolic. 

We was at home so would expect us to go more attacking and Brighton only play one at front.

Rodgers has been here 5 days.

side note Maguire has been ****ing woeful 

3 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Disappointing half. Need far more movement off the ball. Players need to have their head up looking for a pass before they receive the ball. It’s taking way too long to build attacks.

Looks a big job to re-coach this lot at the moment. As I said that’s what the next 5 months are for.

Spot on each point.

2 minutes ago, yks said:

Rather than sticking with the project that no less guarantees to work than the new one, except we had 18 months of work behind us. 

We were gradually getting worse under Puel. Results were no better than last season, players didn't look any better, the players looked slower and less fit. All round we looked poor. Additionally his decisions to not take the cups seriously were a major factor in costing him his job.

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

That's only occurred this season under Puel. Give Rodgers some time ffs. Anyone expecting major changes today is expecting a miracle.

I'm not expecting major changes but it's clear to see we have some stupid players in this squad