Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Watford, A Match Thread

Just now, MC Prussian said:

Also, only two additional minute in the first half? After the Foster/Vardy collision?

:huh:

Joke, they were down for at least 3 minutes.

Got stuck coming back home and only just switched last fifteen minutes on. Being straight, this display from what I've seen so far, could have been one of those from much of the rest of the season to date. Lots of sideways passing going nowhere. And I understand an early goal too. I was expecting more urgency in view of the managerial change. 

Just now, MPH said:

hes had training with them 4 days, has introduced a new system and so yes, of course it will take them a while to get used to it. massive naivety in your behalf if you can’t see that and don’t realize it.

We've seen the same shit for years now. I'm not blaming Rodgers. The common denominator is the players. Naivety on your part to not see that

• Like 1

Maguire has had a horrible half. Wes too.

Maddison's off the ball work is non-existent and it'll hurt us if Rodgers sets us up to press. Gray gets a pounding on here, often unfairly, but he works far harder. On the ball, Maddison is clearly hugely talented but often seems to take a few touches too many and always looks as if he wants to be fouled.

There was one breakaway where he did fantastically and then just seemed to stop running as if he'd rather be clipped from behind rather than release the ball. It's starting to cost us momentum on the rare moments we do break.

Edited by Langston

Watford doing well to keep their shape and close us down but since the first 5 minutes, they've not created anything clear-cut, only a few half-chances/openings.

Trouble is, we don't have enough of a foothold in the game to create enough pressure on them in return, to take advantage of them not doing so.

Fully believe if we changed shape and gave them something to think about instead of having some comfortability in the game, then it could change in our favour. Thought we handled the game well with the personnel and shape on Tuesday and think we'd do the same again with a more familiar shape.

14 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Hmm lucky to get away 1 nil

Not really, it's been a poor half of football generally, they just pinned us in for the first 5 minutes.

Need a serious boost of pressure early in the second half.

8 minutes ago, blabyboy said:

agreed. the flood gates will open once he's had one

Exactly what my mates have said Baggies fans sad to see him go but says he deserves to play in the Prem says he’ll score for fun once he gets his first just needs that first goal, hope he gets it today !!

• Like 1