Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Watford, A Match Thread

We dont deserve to be losing a bit of a crap game of football thus far.

I used to think it was Claude that couldnt motivate the team to come out firing but we saw in the first 5 minutes of this that even with a new manager, a highly respected one at that, one they are "buzzing" to be involved with and still there are asleep FFS! It really is unacceptable to start games so slowly like they are.

Positives are we are getting players forward but the negatives so far is that we have hardly created much. 

Watford score an offside goal, they should have had a man sent off when Vardy went through and beat the last man and poor Wes, a proper club legend should really be put out to grass as he has gone. Anytime the ball goes anywhere near him this season its like he needs a minute to work out what to do and by then the game has moved on. I really feel that his whole reputation and achievement with us will be forgotten by elements of the team if we play him and see him being a liability.

Lets get that 2nd half energy as the lads look half asleep.

Guest Cujek

Omg some of you really need to take a look at what you posting.

WTF do you expect, do you think it's all going to be different after Puel been gone a week, the guy beat the confidence out of this lot.

We were l7cky against Brighton and this Watford team is a lot better than them.

Just relax, get behind the team and the manager and we wil be ok.

I do hope the rumoured £200mn Summer transfer budget is true. Maybe we need to move on Morgan for £25mn, Matty James for £30mn and Natcho man for £75mn and Slimani for £40mn and Maguire for £30mn.

• Haha 2

Their goal offside and Mariappa should be off.

think we’ve done ok just not used the space and been clinical enough. When we lose it Barnes and Maddison need to give some protection as they’re getting in 2 on 1.

I would keep it how it is then take a CB and either Barnes or Maddison off for gray and iheanacho if we don’t get back into it

Ironically, I think there were more backwards passes there than in any first half under Puel. We needed to be pressing harder and higher, we need to be playing Hamza with Tielemans and Ndidi. And why, if we are playing 3 at the back, is Soyuncu still not getting a look in? I'd rather watch him fail for a game than Morgan.

7 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Half of this squad hasn't been here for years.

How long does Puel stay as the fall guy then? After that does it all go onto Rodgers or do we look at the players  who can't pass a ball 5 yards without it going out of play or to an opposition player. Or the players that can't keep it tight for the first 15 minutes of a game despite us constantly conceding early every game?

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, MPH said:

hes had training with them 4 days, has introduced a new system and so yes, of course it will take them a while to get used to it. massive naivety in your behalf if you can’t see that and don’t realize it.

You've just said it yourself there pal, he's had 4 days of training and installed a whole new system... Rodgers has to take a bit of responsibility there. Players are clearly not comfortable with it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Desperately need more presence higher up top. Someone proven. 

Agreed - starting-quality striker needs to be priority 1-B this summer after signing or replacing Tielemans.  Vardy just disappears far too often.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 2

Just now, Bazly said:

I do hope the rumoured £200mn Summer transfer budget is true. Maybe we need to move on Morgan for £25mn, Matty James for £30mn and Natcho man for £75mn and Slimani for £40mn and Maguire for £30mn.

Someone been at the happy mushrooms again?

1 minute ago, H.a.r.r.y said:

its just not enjoyable to watch Leicester this season, especially Kasper, why couldn't he run to the edge of his 6-yard box and catch the ball? i think it's time...NINTCHDBPICT000436887707.jpg.e18de9457681bc66aaae16b01e32a9d3.jpg

I've been in two minds about Kasper. 

On the one hand, cash in because he's not top drawer and his influence is questionable. 

On the other, this young squad needs leaders

• Like 1

Players finding it hard playing this system, let's go back to how we used to, Watford are all over us. New style not working, he should have introduced it slowly. 1st game in charge and the players have to play a new style 

4 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

We've seen the same shit for years now. I'm not blaming Rodgers. The common denominator is the players. Naivety on your part to not see that

so you think the players were suited to the style puel tried to play? i can’t take you seriously if you think they were.

Just now, Bourbon Fox said:

I've been in two minds about Kasper. 

On the one hand, cash in because he's not top drawer and his influence is questionable. 

On the other, this young squad needs leaders

he isn't really a leader though, never sorts out his box and cries to officials for his mistakes. Cash in.

1 minute ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

That was awful.  Shape is all over the place.

Watching the back 3 try and knock it around is a little embarrassing especially when Wes gets it.  

The passing in general is pretty laborious and it’s breathtaking how physically weak we are.  

Wes looks really awkward when he passes the ball... Like the kid at school who wasn't very good

That was poor.

Our squad doesn’t match up. We have height in Central Defence and nowhere else.

We have no bite in midfield. Maddison needs to stop waving his leg at tackles because that will get him injured. 

We are relying on guys who’s job it is to defend to score from or get on the end every corner or set piece we get. 

Things doesn't turn around in an instant. Still making confidence lacking mistakes in the beginning of the game and still the off the ball movement is non existiing. Really like the extra freedom given to Ricardo and Chillwell.

Still a fine margins game. Another linesman and ref would have called their goal off for offside and given us a pen for the accidental handball. But thats has been the story of this season so far.

thoughts so far:

- last 10-15 mins when we stopped panicking we started looking half decent

- unfortunately nobody has any ideas what to do with the ball

- the only danger comes from Tielemans the right flank from Ricardo's crosses

- Barnes looks like our best player again and it's an embarassment for all the senior players

- John Moss is a fat cnut

- somebody must plant an elbow in Deeney's mug