Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

On 13/07/2019 at 13:14, Countryfox said:

Ake would be a great replacement ..  but Citeh are sniffing round him now that they have lost interest in Maguire.  Manu need Maguire to keep any sort of credibility and will no doubt come in with an improved offer.  I'd guess, and its been reported, that we have put a deadline in place so it will all happen in the next week or so.  Dunk could do the job and I think everything will happen very quickly.  Maguire wants to go, Ake is not available and so I think this is the best choice we have.  

Here we go ...

Not that I want him to leave but if he is going to go the sooner it happens the better! Will make me despise Man Utd more than I already do and hope it motivates the rest of them to beat them in both games and finish above then! Players come and go, cheers slabhead and lets get dunk/Tarkowski in a winger and push Benkovic/soyuncu even knight through and we won’t notice he’s even gone! 

Guys I really think we can replace him. Striding into attacking areas from defence is nice, but I can only remember the goal at Southampton being the result of that. Good passing accuracy and part of the group, so that’s a big miss. But a mobile, strong defender who’s good on the ball isn’t hard to come by. I really think that’s Soyuncu anyway.

If we’d lose Vardy, Tielemans, Chilwell, Maddison, I’d be much more concerned. 

• Like 1

Too many news outlets reporting this story now, and £60M plus add ons seems like we’ve given up too easily, I can only imagine HM has said he wants to go hence the lower price than the £85M or we aren’t listening being quoted. 

Just hope its rubbish as i as I feel the media have pushed for this. 

6 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

great shout but hes a lazio player

Yea just seen signed for 10m euro plus add ons that's a shame.

But just goes to show the talent and class is there for cheap. Some players just need that chance.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, KFS said:

Guys I really think we can replace him. Striding into attacking areas from defence is nice, but I can only remember the goal at Southampton being the result of that. Good passing accuracy and part of the group, so that’s a big miss. But a mobile, strong defender who’s good on the ball isn’t hard to come by. I really think that’s Soyuncu anyway.

If we’d lose Vardy, Tielemans, Chilwell, Maddison, I’d be much more concerned. 

True.

I have been defending his ability to stride out with the ball all summer, but, on the other hand, it is pretty slow and allows the opposition to get set.  Not like Kante who used to drive forward at speed.  Nah, now that he's going, I'v gone right off his ball playing ability.  Come to think of it, he's rubbish,

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, murphy said:

True.

I have been defending his ability to stride out with the ball all summer, but, on the other hand, it is pretty slow and allows the opposition to get set.  Not like Kante who used to drive forward at speed.  Nah, now that he's going, I'v gone right off his ball playing ability.  Come to think of it, he's rubbish,

We have a very fluid attack, even more so with Perez joining. You don’t need a centre half striding up the pitch. We did under Puel because our forward play was so slow and cumbersome. 

Replace the boy boy with someone who’s strong, defends well and distributes with accuracy. I think we’re good.

• Like 1

I think he’ll be regretting moving to Utd by the end of the season. Their best player wants out, the manager is suspect and the fanbase is toxic.

I guess the bumper pay rise will soften the blow but in terms of career progression its barely above a sidewards step at this moment in time. Manchester Utd have been on a decline for a long time now.

80m is good business for us though, means our net spend is going to be looking fairly good towards the end of the window if we can shift another 20m or so in assets. 

• Like 1

It's so frustrating how ultimately the big clubs can take who they want from us. I'm mildly disappointed in Maguire for leaving at a time when we have a better manager and arguably a better first XI than Man U. Ultimately, though, money talks, I guess.