Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

1 minute ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

A well connected BBC journalist, like the well connected John Percy, both saying they remain apart on valuation?

This can't be true as we've been told it's "done deal" and "medicals have been arranged" and "personal terms have been agreed" multiple times over the past few weeks, usually by faceless Twitter accounts.

:dunno:lol

Its true though. Who needs quality when you have quantity :thumbup:

7 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

I think this article is by someone who Man U fans think is reliable and is saying as all other journalists with actual info are that we are still quite far apart on valuation.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49166507

So it just points out absolute sweet F A and what everyone already knows already. Massive WELL DONE bbc sport for reporting pretty much nothing :facepalm:

Simon Stone has written very similar things about both Dan James and Aaron Wan-Bissaka this summer, and then a few days later they've been announced.

He is a bit like John Percy - likely briefed by the club to stem the optimism just in case the deal collapses in its late stages.

I think it's probably all but done - time will tell, but I can't see him being here on Friday night.

Just now, Abrasive fox said:

My understanding is two major stumbling blocks, most of which won't surprise anyone:

1. The fee, it is not agreed, theres still some considerable distance.

2. The payment terms, man utd want to incentivise a lot of it.

Man utd are really confident it will get done, like theres plans already for his unveiling. I think they think theyll either agree the fee and it'll be heavily incentivised, or they'll pay more up front and get it agreed.

I'm pretty sure we're not up for that, however Maguire's agent is pushing very very hard and Maguire is indeed quite keen, he'll virtually triple his wages.

I think it'll get done. I also dont think Tarkowski or Dunk will be the replacement.

Well if it is likely, hope it is on the best possible version of our terms.

Thanks for the info.

Just now, Abrasive fox said:

My understanding is two major stumbling blocks, most of which won't surprise anyone:

Man utd are really confident it will get done, like theres plans already for his unveiling. I think they think theyll either agree the fee and it'll be heavily incentivised, or they'll pay more up front and get it agreed.

I'm pretty sure we're not up for that, however Maguire's agent is pushing very very hard and Maguire is indeed quite keen, he'll virtually triple his wages.

I think it'll get done. I also dont think Tarkowski or Dunk will be the replacement.

do you reckon if he triples his wages, he might bung me 10 grand to help raising two young kids? if he does he can leave with my blessing!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Reg Vardy said:

So as a business transaction

We receive £80m

We pay.

Lewis Dunk £45m

Hull 15% £12m

Fee paid £17m

we benefit by £6m and lose the best English Central defender for the privilege.....

Which is why this so called 80 million is not silly money like others think it is.  Its why the valuation is what it is.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Thanks for the info. Any thoughts on whether they are wanting to sell before committing? Time is of course the limiting factor here and I hope the deadline we have given is fast approaching. Not particular happy at the thought of going into a new season without having included a starting CB in any of the preseason fixtures... 

John Percy seems pretty dismissive of the whole thing right now.

4 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

This is more or less what I’ve been assuming the whole summer. Though I am genuinely confident that we won’t sell at this late stage. There’s exactly NINE days to go and I think we’d be extremely foolish to sell now. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LinekersApples said:

As for Harry,  ....he is a Leicester player and will get his head down and play. He isn’t unhappy

I was told that the deadline was Sunday just gone, but who knows. 

Ive also been told that Tarkowski is the replacement of choice and then Dunk. Burnley and Brighton aware. 

3 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

My understanding is

Maguire's agent is pushing very very hard and Maguire is indeed quite keen, he'll virtually triple his wages.

I think it'll get done.

I also dont think Tarkowski or Dunk will be the replacement.

Bloody hell !! ...   2 ITK's giving slightly different opinions here ...   does any other ITK which ITK is the best ITK to believe !! 

This is doing my box in !!! ....     :ranieri:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Bloody hell !! ...   2 ITK's giving slightly different opinions here ...   does any other ITK which ITK is the best ITK to believe !! 

Maguire can be keen on the move but also not unhappy. He's in a good position whatever happens tbh.  The last two comments from AF were 'I thinks' so thats his opinion not knowledge spilled from the camp? Thats how I read it anyway

16 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

We're mental for even entertaining offers just over a week before the transfer deadline.

3 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Maguire can be keen on the move but also not unhappy. He's in a good position whatever happens tbh.  The last two comments from AF were 'I thinks' so thats his opinion not knowledge spilled from the camp? Thats how I read it anyway

Lets cut to the chase ...   Abrasive thinks it will get done and Apples thinks the deadline has passed ...   

23 minutes ago, One Arm Babba said:

I’m going to have another ban here, over you again. But it’s worth it. I’ll be the martyr the others deserve.

**** off back under your rock. I’d have blocked you day 1, it’s clear you are a trolling ****. 

I honestly couldn't care care less if he stays or goes, but you and your clubs arrogance and clear influence of the red top shit rags is pathetic. We’ve set the price, we don’t need to sell. So when one of our solid sources of information says “no new bids” or “no change to the situation”, then an Italian pressbot isn’t going to know something different.

you sir are a cnut, fcuk off back to London.

What a hero.

:nigel:

• Like 1

Just now, joachim1965 said:

Somethings gotta give.

Yep.

9 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Correct.

• Like 1

My summary

Yanited are expecting top to take a personal plea from Harry to allow him to leave for less than we demanded ...... guess it depends where we are with a possible replacement ..... if brendan feels we are well placed with who we can get in then maybe top will agree. 

Alternatively, we may have to give Harry an improved wage to soften the blow of him not being allowed to go .....

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Let battle commence.

The losing ITK will have to do a forfeit.  I suggest several laps of the pitch on the last day of the season as ample punishment.

• Haha 2