Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

they clearly overpaid on Wan Bissaka and are trying to equalise their budget by pi**ing us about. I wouldn't entertain their negotiators without a proper new offer not linked to impossible incentives like them winning anything or including any of their shite overpaid dysfunctional players as make weights in the deal

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xen said:

Wait, what? Why would we take off the fee we initially paid, and then take off the sell-on percentage from the original total on top of that? That makes no sense. We take in £80m, thenwe have to pay 15% of the profit only to Hull.

Assuming the sale is 80m, then its:

80m - 17m = 63m profit.

15% of 63m = 9.45m sell-on fee to Hull

80m - 9.45m = 70.55m into Leicester's coffers.

70m spendable cash. I’d go for Schurrle (6m), Dzeko (£17m), Ake (probably the rest)

They've made their low ball offer and presumably hope (hoped) to unsettle the player to the point where a move is forced. That hasn't happened so far so is it case of who blinks first? Leicester are standing firm, so are United (for now) and Maguire is saying nothing (publicly at least).

28 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

Let battle commence.

The losing ITK will have to do a forfeit.  I suggest several laps of the pitch on the last day of the season as ample punishment.

The Birch has been doing that for the last 40 years WAIT A MINUTE which one of you is The Birch?!

43 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

My understanding is two major stumbling blocks, most of which won't surprise anyone:

1. The fee, it is not agreed, theres still some considerable distance.

2. The payment terms, man utd want to incentivise a lot of it.

Man utd are really confident it will get done, like theres plans already for his unveiling. I think they think theyll either agree the fee and it'll be heavily incentivised, or they'll pay more up front and get it agreed.

I'm pretty sure we're not up for that, however Maguire's agent is pushing very very hard and Maguire is indeed quite keen, he'll virtually triple his wages.

I think it'll get done. I also dont think Tarkowski or Dunk will be the replacement.

We’ve seen it with Arsenal - Tierney already, trying to pay a low upfront fee and then attempting to make up the overall asking fee on whether or not they make it into the Champions League. Well the same goes for Man Utd, not guaranteed to be in any European competition to be honest. 

I’d be disappointed if we accepted  a similar scenario when we really don’t need to. As good as £80m sounds, we might not even see half of it. 

5 minutes ago, Xen said:

Wait, what? Why would we take off the fee we initially paid, and then take off the sell-on percentage from the original total on top of that? That makes no sense. We take in £80m, thenwe have to pay 15% of the profit only to Hull.

80m - 17m = 63m profit. (The £17m is ours to keep)

oh yes.  I laughed when some did similar earlier.

so thats 1 Tielemens and loads of Evi!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Xen said:

80m - 17m = 63m profit. (The £17m is ours to keep)

That’s a Slimani, a Musa, AND a Silva.

• Sad 4
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, ClaphamFox said:

Really? I don't. Neither do any of the media, from the sound of it. Do you?

They seem certainly fixated on getting Harry, negotiations just haven’t gone as smooth as they like. We’ll get the fee we want. One doesn’t simply turn down man United - nowadays because of that sweet wage rather than trophies. 

Just now, lcfc sheff said:

They seem certainly fixated on getting Harry, negotiations just haven’t gone as smooth as they like. We’ll get the fee we want. One doesn’t simply turn down man United - nowadays because of that sweet wage rather than trophies. 

But it sounds like there haven't even been any 'negotiations'. We told them our price weeks ago and they've failed to get anywhere near it. I honestly don't think we'll budge, which means Man Utd's only two options are to pay what we want or look elsewhere. And according to some reports, they're not prepared to stump up the £90m up front that we're asking. In which case Maguire stays.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rachhere said:

It's nice counting the potential money and all, but if selling means we compromise on qualifying for Europe and also on league places, is it really that much profit in the long-run? I was open to selling at the start of the transfer window, but we needed a decent preseason with whoever came in instead, and that's just not happened. If he really was a priority for Man U, they should have got in there far earlier. Time to shut the door on this one. Sorry Big H. 

Totally agree.

I'd have rather sold him for 70m on the opening day of the window than 90m on the last week of the window.

Selling Maguire for 70m and buying Dunk and Tielemans for the money would have been great business if we'd done it early doors.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, rachhere said:

It's nice counting the potential money and all, but if selling means we compromise on qualifying for Europe and also on league places, is it really that much profit in the long-run? I was open to selling at the start of the transfer window, but we needed a decent preseason with whoever came in instead, and that's just not happened. If he really was a priority for Man U, they should have got in there far earlier. Time to shut the door on this one. Sorry Big H. 

Exactly my thoughts.

37 minutes ago, J.Lisemore said:

We’ve seen it with Arsenal - Tierney already, trying to pay a low upfront fee and then attempting to make up the overall asking fee on whether or not they make it into the Champions League. Well the same goes for Man Utd, not guaranteed to be in any European competition to be honest. 

I’d be disappointed if we accepted  a similar scenario when we really don’t need to. As good as £80m sounds, we might not even see half of it. 

Man united won’t get top 4 and ole won’t make it past Christmas. Not sure we’d allow them to pay incentives like trophies won etc because that’s almost not going to happen. I can understand a £75m upfront with £5m if he plays 50 games, another £5m if he plays 100 games and plays for England or something along those lines as they are certainties.

If we sell Mags, it weakens us for qualifying for europe.

Losing Mags could cost us very important points

City should have an add on whereas if we miss europa by less than 4 point £20m

less than 7 points, and they pay us £10m