Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

50 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

I cannot imagine Pep paying £80 million for Maquire when he thought he was too slow and could be exposed prior to our game with mc

He has to replace Kompany with an English defender.  if Delph leaves, they could be down to a squad size of twenty and would have to sell a couple of foreign players. I read that they may as well take the plunge and pay what we want for maguire because it would then allow them to increase their foreign signings.

65 million ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Well i suppose it is the two major arse wipe clubs in Manchester so if they say its 65 mill then its 65 mill. 

We need to keep HM and if not call the shots on the price 90 million and nothing else, 65 is a damned insult. He has a five year contract which makes him worth more. I say 100 million or he stays end of.

Edited by wokinghamfox

65 and Foden.

I don’t know why we don’t just make Foden the starting point for any negotiation with MC.  We don’t need to sell Harry and he’s not forcing a move.  If Pep really wants him, give us Foden.  If not, fine - move along.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Man City/Utd plan, keep the media frenzy going, spill a rumoured ridiculous contract offer to unsettle the player, lower they're willing to pay and wait for the player to kick off, you can't blame Harry for wanting to go thinking he might get those high figure wages and chances of trophies but Man City should pay the fee we want, I hope Harry respects that but I'm sure he'll be told to kick off very soon if we don't lower our valuation, it's dirty hand tactics. 

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

Man City/Utd plan, keep the media frenzy going, spill a rumoured ridiculous contract offer to unsettle the player, lower they're willing to pay and wait for the player to kick off, you can't blame Harry for wanting to go thinking he might get those high figure wages and chances of trophies but Man City should pay the fee we want, I hope Harry respects that but I'm sure he'll be told to kick off very soon if we don't lower our valuation, it's dirty hand tactics. 

This is one we need to take a stance on. If we dont then we will become easy pickings for any top european club.

We need HM next season to have a good chance of breaking into the top six. We have to stand firm.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

It’s fair on the 9th August .....until then it isn’t ..... last summer, Claude wasn’t trusted to spend big beyond mahrez fee .....the summer before, neither was shakey.  

Brendan is trusted and will be backed .......

Presumably that statement is also only fair  on the 9th August.

Puel not trusted... we spent £100m + and have a whole department trusted in bringing players in.

• Thanks 1

For what it's worth I don't think Manchester City have any burning interest in signing Maguire.  I don't believe a word the papers print about my club so if they say we are in for Maguire, we probably aren't!  I think you might have more to fear from our neighbours, but perhaps only if they sell a big earner.

I am afraid that you are probably going to have to get used to good teams being in for your players.  No worries if they are under contract, you get to dictate terms and decide what is best for your club.   

Kompany has gone but we have two young players who I think City are going to promote.  I could be wrong.  Just following the news as you are. I am expecting Man City to buy a replacement for Fernandinho who is getting old now, and maybe a fullback because Danilo maybe leaving. I think those two moves are the priority for us.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Sell it to me, tell me how we can bring in around £100m worth of players without selling a key player like Maguire. Which fringe players are going and for what price? 

King £1-2m, James £1-2m, Ghezzal £6m, Diabate £2-4m, Kaputska £2-4m, Kelechi £10-15m, Slimani £5m, Gray £10-15m. Total: £39-£53m. I admit we’d never get £53m for all of them but I don’t think most of those prices are far off possible. Add that onto the transfer budget that we’d already have (probably around £60m) and I think we’d have enough. 

Dont get me wrong, I see the advantages that selling maguire could bring, but to me it gives a bad impression for the rest of the players, plus there’s no proof that the money from his sale would be used successfully. 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

All I keep reading is, we have to sort Tielemans before focusing on other areas/players. But if Rodgers has been promised a certain amount which seemingly is a serious amount, this doesn't make sense. Why wait and potentially miss out on other targets whilst trying to sign a player who might mull over offers from bigger clubs?

I dont see how getting Tielemans means we suddenly then go and bid £30m on a winger and £20m on a striker. Why does it need to be in that order? Seems like excuses to me. I'm convinced this summer will play out like the last few, we'll only properly spend when we've sold.

Because I think it is very obvious Monaco are waiting to see if any other clubs come in to try and drive the price up, because they know he is our main target and likely to pay what we need to get him

Yes it seems very clear that Brendan has been given a big wedge of money to spend, but he will still have a limit to it, if we end up having to pay more than the initially expected £40m because of a bidding war, then it effects how much he has to spend on other, which is why we are probably waiting to see exactly how much it will cost us before we go onto other targets

Say we have to spend £50m on Youri, maybe it means Brendan can now only spend £20m on a winger instead of £30m, so he has to change targets, it is a deal that will have a big impact on how our summer pans out

Everyone wants Youri here, just have faith in the club, I am pretty sure they know what they are doing

1 hour ago, wokinghamfox said:

65 million ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Well i suppose it is the two major arse wipe clubs in Manchester so if they say its 65 mill then its 65 mill. 

We need to keep HM and if not call the shots on the price 90 million and nothing else, 65 is a damned insult. He has a five year contract which makes him worth more. I say 100 million or he stays end of.

He also English so that worth at least 20 mill on top of the 65mill, and yes I agree with you the contract is worth so much 100mill to me seems fair 

1 hour ago, Naz said:

For what it's worth I don't think Manchester City have any burning interest in signing Maguire.  I don't believe a word the papers print about my club so if they say we are in for Maguire, we probably aren't!  I think you might have more to fear from our neighbours, but perhaps only if they sell a big earner.

I am afraid that you are probably going to have to get used to good teams being in for your players.  No worries if they are under contract, you get to dictate terms and decide what is best for your club.   

Kompany has gone but we have two young players who I think City are going to promote.  I could be wrong.  Just following the news as you are. I am expecting Man City to buy a replacement for Fernandinho who is getting old now, and maybe a fullback because Danilo maybe leaving. I think those two moves are the priority for us.

I like to think that Leicester might be considered a “good team”

6 hours ago, Babylon said:

Presumably that statement is also only fair  on the 9th August.

Puel not trusted... we spent £100m + and have a whole department trusted in bringing players in.

Look at the nett spend and again in jan - the only purchase that looked like it was a puel buy was ghezzal. (In the same way that you could pin benny and perhaps kappy on ranieri) 

the club will always want to have the manager on board with a signing. Despite what the noises were, I never felt Claude was trusted to be here long term and this reflected that. 

And yes - aug 9th will be significant in both directions

7 hours ago, Johnthefoxrayner said:

I agree with you, i believe the club have done a lot for Maguire, would he have got in the England team if he had stayed at Hull, 

He wouldn’t have stayed at hull though ....

i dont really get the argument that is put forward on this. He would have gone to a PL club. He would have played and been exposed further to Southgate. He would have got into the England squad. 

He wasnt an an unknown at hull. we known spurs were in for him so can assume there would be others 

if his comments were that he ‘loves playing’ for us and ‘enjoys the atmosphere’ of the club and has made so many close friends here then that would make me think he could stay. But to say he won’t ‘rock the boat’ because he is grateful for us giving him the platform to become the England CH is, I feel, suppose to keep us sweet. 

If Man City really want him then at some point he will push for the move - it might not become public knowledge (as it did with RM) but I think he will. 

Yea dont just sell because tell us what we should sell for. Its bullying tactics.

Refuse sale untill price is met we dont need the money

This will work out in our favour later down the line being tough with transfer negotiations 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Johnthefoxrayner said:

The reason why we have put such a huge value on Maguire is that we don't need to sell him, the club isn't skint far from it, so they put a value to stop other clubs coming in for him, 65mill is to low imo, we only sold Mahrez cause he through the toys out of his pram, has Maguire asked to leave the club I don't think he has, we nerd to keep our best players if we are going to compete for Europe this season, 

Harry’s informed the club he’s happy to stay, however supposedly admitted that playing in the champions league is a goal of his. However he won’t push for a move.

9 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

He has to replace Kompany with an English defender.  if Delph leaves, they could be down to a squad size of twenty and would have to sell a couple of foreign players. I read that they may as well take the plunge and pay what we want for maguire because it would then allow them to increase their foreign signings.

I’ve been thinking this myself to be honest. Our board are clever & I have a feeling they may genuinely hold out for £75m as they know of Man City’s desperate need for an English player. Who else is out there who’s English, can step into there starting 11 & available in a position they desperately need to cover?

I personally can’t think of anyone unless they make a huge offer for Sancho or Chilly, but then they’ll still need to spend big on a centre back or two. 

I think Harry will leave for Man City & we will get a nice lump of money from it too.

7 minutes ago, manders86 said:

I think Harry has handled himself like a champ through this so far. Any behaviour from him like handing in a transfer request or saying he wants to go and the price may have come down.

The price is the price and if that is £80m, the mancs need to put up or shut up, because no amount of "gossip" on their official pages is going to change that.

Be nice if he just said  "I don't want to leave"  ...   

What part of the asking price don’t City and Utd get? It’s either £80m or he’s not for sale.

He’s a talented, English centre half who is on a decent contract atm. If they are not willing to pay what we want then we should reject. We do not need to sell, even though Harry isn’t worth £80m lol