Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Demarai Gray

17 hours ago, Simoken said:

There is nothing to sort out, He makes decent runs forward,challenges the defense and asks questions of them, on another day he could of scored twice but that wasn't the case on Saturday. Hes contributing to a winning formula right now and to say that hes not good enough... is a joke really. He plays his heart out every game this season. I think hes improved this season and every player is different, Hes on the verge of becoming brilliant and hes exciting to watch, what more do you want right now. The fact hes 22 scares me so enjoy him while we have him.

I didn't say he wasn't good enough, my post is broadly supportive of him. I'm probably not quite in the same place as you, but I did say he could catch fire any minute, just like Barnes.

I think he probably needs an arm round his shoulder and regular reminders that he has all the tools in his game, and that if he keeps working hard the end product will come, rather than his game taking apart and putting back together again.

3 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

I didn't say he wasn't good enough, my post is broadly supportive of him. I'm probably not quite in the same place as you, but I did say he could catch fire any minute, just like Barnes.

I think he probably needs an arm round his shoulder and regular reminders that he has all the tools in his game, and that if he keeps working hard the end product will come, rather than his game taking apart and putting back together again.

Hope you are right. Kind of feel like he needs to be told to take a breath when he gets to the critical point during an attack. If he masters himself at thiese points, he would be excellent.

• Like 1

I think carragher made a good point today. We love inward wingers with the full backs providing width but with their 5 at the back, Gray and Barnes were marked out the game. The winger should be out wide when receiving the ball with the opposite winger cutting in to support the attack.

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Question is with Marc back, which side will he play and who of Harvey/dimi will play the other side .....

I'd take Harvey over Gray any day of the week. Shown more promise in his short stint than Gray has in his entire city career. 

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Question is with Marc back, which side will he play and who of Harvey/dimi will play the other side .....

May as well play Barnes for the rest of the season. I don't think he's pulled up any trees since he's come back and think our fans have ridicuously overated his pretty mediocre performances so far (comments like "Shown more promise in his short stint than Gray has in his entire city career." encapsulate this), but he's young and got potential so may as well give him this chance while there's nothing to play for.

This was Gray's chance with Albrighton out and he really hasn't taken it at all, Albrighton should just come back in for Gray. seems a pretty straight swap. Gray will likely end up 4th choice winger next season anyhow.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sampson said:

May as well play Barnes for the rest of the season. I don't think he's pulled up any trees since he's come back and think our fans have ridicuously overated his pretty mediocre performances so far (comments like "Shown more promise in his short stint than Gray has in his entire city career." encapsulate this), but he's young and got potential so may as well give him this chance while there's nothing to play for.

This was Gray's chance with Albrighton out and he really hasn't taken it at all, Albrighton should just come back in for Gray. seems a pretty straight swap. Gray will likely end up 4th choice winger next season anyhow.

I said this over a week ago and got mullered ......to be fair to gray, Harvey is playing on te left where gray prefers to be, cutting onto his right foot. Both players are similar age ..... dimi has more experience and should be delivering a more mature performance,  I expect Brendan to rest Harvey/next time .........

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

I said this over a week ago and got mullered ......to be fair to gray, Harvey is playing on te left where gray prefers to be, cutting onto his right foot. Both players are similar age ..... dimi has more experience and should be delivering a more mature performance,  I expect Brendan to rest Harvey/next time .........

Gray has had countless opportunities to nail down that left wing spot. He has nobody to blame but himself.

15 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

Absolutely woeful again. Offers nothing.

Thinks he is better than he is.

Took the words from my mouth. Not sure he is cut out for this level at all. Offered literally nothing tonight  

4 minutes ago, Guest said:

Has he actually improved in any significant way since he arrived here? Barnes wasn't any better tonight or in the last few games but Gray's been here nearly 3 and a half seasons now and he's still the exact same player. If we don't sign a minimum of one quality winger in the summer it'll be absolutely criminal. When Vardy has an off day like tonight the support cast need to be able to step up and ours never do. Him and Barnes have got no goals and one assist between them in Rodgers' six games. Given his comments about how he wants his wide players to contribute goals, that's not good enough.

You can, however, cut out the "thinks he's better than he is/arrogant" bollocks straigh away because, as usual, none of us have any idea how good he thinks he is or what his personality is like. Judge him on his qualities as a footballer and his performances, not your baseless preconceived ideas about his attitude.

R.e. last paragraph, fair enough, except I have it on good authority that it's very accurate. 

Absolute pr*ck by all accounts.

2 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

R.e. last paragraph, fair enough, except I have it on good authority that it's very accurate. 

Absolute pr*ck by all accounts.

Hahaha to be fair it wouldn't come as a great surprise if that were true. Just irritating that all our young players get given the "big headed prima donna" label without any real substance backing it up. It's lazy and detracts from actual legitimate criticism of the way they play