Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Demarai Gray

Remember when people said we should have sold Mahrez sooner because we had Gray.. I'm done waiting for him to come good. 

His first touch is often awful 

He doesn't take up good positions 

He can't take a corner 

He can't cross the ball or beat the first man

He doesn't get his body between the ball and his opponent to draw enough fouls 

He doesn't commit to tackles. 

So frustrating. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Guest said:

Hahaha to be fair it wouldn't come as a great surprise if that were true. Just irritating that all our young players get given the "big headed prima donna" label without any real substance backing it up. It's lazy and detracts from actual legitimate criticism of the way they play

I completely agree with your point, I do find Gray frustrating to watch but I can also say when I’ve Asked him to sign something for my newphew I found him really pleasant and way more approachable than Kasper or Vardy, sometimes we forget these lads are 20/21.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Hasn't made the grade? I think a player who has made 28 appearance's in the Premiership for a team sitting in 7th place  with games still  go at only 22 years old suggest he's made the grade to me.

Yes he was not great yesterday but who was? He's 22 and will only improve. 

Typically on foxestalk though it seems we have to look for a scapegoat and he seems to be wearing the badge at the minute. Get off the lads back and support him.

But to suggest he's championship level and hasn't made the grade when he's made over 100 premiership appearance's in 4 years really shows how stupid some posters are.

100% spot on here. But, Leicester fans love slating their own, its in their nature. I actually think this has been his best season in a Leicester shirt. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

I completely agree with your point, I do find Gray frustrating to watch but I can also say when I’ve Asked him to sign something for my newphew I found him really pleasant and way more approachable than Kasper or Vardy, sometimes we forget these lads are 20/21.

23 in 2 months

always thought his progress was halted by not having a regular run in the team.

Well he has had a good run, and his soo frustrating to watch.

seens to be lacking a “footballing brain” 

a bit like Walcott. It’s like watching him run in to a brick wall the anount of time he gives the ball away.

Edited by HankMarvin

3 hours ago, Langston said:

I'm a bit indifferent to Gray but one thing that can't be knocked is his workrate. 

Maybe, but his workrate is nowhere near the level of Albrighton's, so what extra does he offer?

I don't think it's a big deal. He didn't cost that much. He'll be behind Barnes and Albrighton in the pecking order now and if we get another winger in will be 4th choice next season.

He's not a bad option as 4th choice winger (certainly better than Ghezzel)

Even if he should be nowhere near starting, he's only really been doing that recently due to the injury to Albrighton.

Well I am going to wait for Rodgers,to make any descision,and it will be his call....

I will never be influenced by comments in this forum,it just gets & goes OTT on players.

Last night,like Vardy & Barnes he got crowded out,so like some other games he is the one that takes the flack...

I still believe he can develope and grow further,with the right manager,his u21 performances has shown he has the potential,he has the skill set,

and when it goes his way,has some damn good performances in him. Like many others through this league and through time,some fall off,some

develope later.  Like I mentioned,I would like to see if our new set up,coaching and manager,can bring out that potential...

That said it's within him now to take his performances,into those where his quality of career at Leicester,will not be always be questioned...

2 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Well I am going to wait for Rodgers,to make any descision,and it will be his call....

I will never be influenced by comments in this forum,it just gets & goes OTT on players.

Last night,like Vardy & Barnes he got crowded out,so like some other games he is the one that takes the flack...

I still believe he can develope and grow further,with the right manager,his u21 performances has shown he has the potential,he has the skill set,

and when it goes his way,has some damn good performances in him. Like many others through this league and through time,some fall off,some

develope later.  Like I mentioned,I would like to see if our new set up,coaching and manager,can bring out that potential...

That said it's within him now to take his performances,into those where his quality of career at Leicester,will not be always be questioned...

Got himself crowded out by moving inside when the game was begging for width 

His strength is his pace and dribbling, baffling that spends his time in the centre of the pitch slowing the play down thinking he’s got the ability to be a playmaker. 

Under Pep, Sterling and Sane play to their  strengths by staying wide and using their pace and they eventually move narrower to get in scoring positions. He slows the play down and usually goes backwards when pressured.