Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Demarai Gray

9 hours ago, Sampson said:

Maybe, but his workrate is nowhere near the level of Albrighton's, so what extra does he offer?

I don't think it's a big deal. He didn't cost that much. He'll be behind Barnes and Albrighton in the pecking order now and if we get another winger in will be 4th choice next season.

He's not a bad option as 4th choice winger (certainly better than Ghezzel)

Even if he should be nowhere near starting, he's only really been doing that recently due to the injury to Albrighton.

I'd say he will lose his place to Albrighton now that he's fit again.

I don't believe he is better than Ghezzal either. Gray is 4 years here now and no better. I'll bet Ghezzal will be better next season after a years training and improving his English. Similar to the way Mahrez improved, Though I'm not suggesting he'll be as good. But he already has a better understanding of the game than Gray.

• Like 1

When Gray came in 2016, compare his performances to now... Have a think has he improved anything at all in that time. I genuinely don't think he has. 

He could argue previously he didn't get a run in the team but that's no longer the case. He's had the opportunity and been shite.

He's not reliable at all. His last ball is poor, and doesn't really look all that bothered at times.

Should be getting 5+ goals a season and similar or more assists. 

Hope Albrighton will be fully fit soon but in the summer we need to invest heavily out wide

I've defended him on here and to my mates loads of times in the past. I don't like beating on Leicester players who are 22 but we should sell this summer if we can whilst his stock is still high in the game. He has got some good attributes but he just doesn't progress, he's literally no better now than when he came here as a 19 yo.

I love our side at the minute especially if we can sign Tielemans. Really good sides have offensive threats all over the pitch. We have two excellent attacking full backs and Tielemans and Maddison are great goal and assist threats and Vardy is in the top five strikers in the division. To take a next level step we're going to have to get two wingers who are a significant threat. I can be patient with Barnes as he's young and inexperienced and shows a lot of promise that he can be a player who gets a lot of goals and assists over a season. 

If you compare our first XI to Man City's we're probably not a million miles away with nine of our players. The big difference is they have wide players that score and assist for fun. In an ideal world we'll sign Tielemans and the best attacking wide player we can get and move Gray on. 

12 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

23 in 2 months

always thought his progress was halted by not having a regular run in the team.

Well he has had a good run, and his soo frustrating to watch.

seens to be lacking a “footballing brain” 

a bit like Walcott. It’s like watching him run in to a brick wall the anount of time he gives the ball away.

I was referring to his age with regards to his “sulky appearance” and was just stating he actually quite pleasant to talk to but yes I completely agree with everything you say about his performances.

There are some games away from home where he plays well, particularly when we are counter attacking. 

But he hasn't done enough to justify him being in our Plan A. Harvey Barnes is showing as much "potential" yet Gray has had a two year head start.

It's a shame because I think he's one of the best players of the England U21 squad. But can't seem to translate that into any sort of consistency with us.

23 hours ago, Frost said:

Scapegoat? This isn't a reaction based solely on last night. He's made over 100 appearances in the Premier League? Briliant, that's a nice stat. How many goals as he scored? 8. How many assists? 6.

The reality is that he's shown little to no improvement during his time here under a succession of different managers and no-one has been able to get more than two or three consecutively good performances out of him.

Unfortunately for Gray, he'll soon find himself sitting on the bench when Albrighton is fit and there's no doubt we'll be in for another winger in ths summer. Neither himself nor Barnes have scored or assisted in the six games under BR, who spoke of wingers needing to contribute more so it's not exactly the best start is it? Gray probably had his best opportunity to nail a place in the starting XI with Albrighton out for so long but he's been dreadful.

Staunch defence of a player who offers so little. Being young is one thing, having potential is another.

FT has a tendency to use the term ‘scapegoat’ when any player becomes criticised for performances and the bulk of the forum don’t want to hear the criticism.

Rather than accept that ‘enter player name here’ has actually been under-par, some people will trot out the term ‘scapegoat’ to poor scorn on those posters even daring to mention said player’s name.

I’ve seen this done on here time and time again and across many different players.

One of the best examples was possibly Beckford who was a. A lazy fecker and b. Generally rubbish for us but certain criticism of him was quickly labelled scape-goating, because he was meant to have been so much better. People just didn’t want to hear the criticism.

• Thanks 1

He's very similar to Sterling at the same age imo. Needs more composure in attacking areas and he could have had loads more goals and assists this season. I would give him a chance still but he needs to refine areas of his game over the summer.

• Like 1

Can be a world beater running at defenders but his all round game isn’t prem quality. I think he would tear it up on loan in the championship for a season and would come back a much better player, unfortunately his attitude and how good he thinks he is would mean he would never take that step down for a year, the way he’s going with us I don’t think he’s going to improve and will end up moved on and  be an unfulfilled potential over the years 

To gain the mind set of an elite player gray must watch vidoes of himself receiving the ball. .and then freeze it...Assess the best option. ... pass fwd bck ... shoot run... then see what he did do?  This way he understands his biases.  He can also do the same for elite players.... this time he should see how many he gets right in a streak. This is time consuming.  Yet to spend 1hr a day might be reasoble.  For me gray has always had problems with his decision making. ... he has the same problems today as two years ago.  He needs to sort this now.  I would be willing to work with him for 10% of his wages

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Haha 2

Demarai Gray stats
Soccer player
  1. 1 of 5
    Year
    Matches
    Goals
    Assists
    Yellow
    Red

2018-19

2017-18

2016-17

2015-16
    Year
    Matches
    Goals
    Assists
    Yellow
    Red

2018-19

2017-18

2016-17
    Year
    Matches
    Goals
    Yellow
    Red

2016-17
    Year
    Matches
    Goals
    Assists
    Yellow
    Red

Year
    Matches
    Goals
    Assists
    Yellow
    Red

8 prem goals, and only 6 assists in 4 years... his stats are terrible for the time he's been with us.. during his professional career he's only scored 16 league goals in 7 years.. i agree time to get rid

Edited by danfox76
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, danfox76 said:
Demarai Gray stats
Soccer player
  1. 1 of 5
    Year
    Matches
    Goals
    Assists
    Yellow
    Red

2018-19

2017-18

2016-17

2015-16
    Year
    Matches
    Goals
    Assists
    Yellow
    Red

2018-19

2017-18

2016-17
    Year
    Matches
    Goals
    Yellow
    Red

2016-17
    Year
    Matches
    Goals
    Assists
    Yellow
    Red

Year
    Matches
    Goals
    Assists
    Yellow
    Red

8 prem goals, and only 6 assists in 4 years... his stats are terrible for the time he's been with us.. during his professional career he's only scored 16 league goals in 7 years.. i agree time to get rid

Out of interest could you find stats for Albrighton so we can compare?

Marc Albrighton stats
Leicester City
Year
Matches
Goals
Assists
Yellow
Red

2018-19

2017-18

2016-17

2015-16

2014-15

just as poor in the goal scoring department.. but has assisted way more with 24 league goal assists... 21 if you take out the 2014/15 season which demarai didn't play in

Edited by danfox76
  • Like 1

It's so frustrating because he could genuinely be a very good player. If he stopped wanting the ball to his feet and started trying to run onto balls he'd be fine.

Whenever he gets the ball he always seems to stop with it and wait until he has someone to take on rather than just run forward into space.