Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Demarai Gray

Taking off the specs that has made me a fierce critic of Demarai Gray over the past couple of seasons, I can honestly say my patience ran out with him a long time ago. Have always said he has had the potential but never fulfilled it, but seriously wondering now if he ever had it I'm afraid.

He should be a fringe player at the most next season if Brendan Rodgers has been making any sensible notes. He is not a starting player, fact. And yes, he will throw his dollies out of the pram, again, and this time I will not care a single iota if he leaves. He will just be some other club's problem. Harsh? Yes. Justified? Absolutely.

• Like 3

Both him and Barnes are offering next to nothing. Chilwell and Barnes don’t work as a pair for me at all. But Gray has been playing at this level long enough now and shown no improvement. Said it a few pages back and stand by it. Won’t be a premier league player for many more years (and no I don’t think Barca are calling). He seems to have nonodea how to influence a game off the ball. He always moves inside and tonight that just meant making the pitch more congested than it already was. 

• Like 1

He just isn't good enough. I came across a post of mine from about 18 months ago recently on him somehow where I've put something about him "showing some signs but really needs to kick on now". This latter part just hasn't ever happened.

He really isn't very good. I don't think there's much more to it than that. He's not got great control. He's not particularly clever with his movement. He doesn't run at his man (and this is utterly infuriating as he can actually dribble quite well at times). He doesn't make the right decisions.

I can forgive Barnes who I think is struggling a bit lately, he has at least got the goals and assists record in previous sides to suggest that he will eventually crack it here, and he's had about 10 games for us.

But Gray's been here for over 3 years now and it's been the same pretty much all along. Time's up for me. If we seriously have any ambition we will upgrade.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Frost said:

Championship is his level. Offers nothing. Been at this club long enough but hasn't made the grade. Hopefully Howe comes in for him in the summer, they splash the cash on loads of dross English youngsters.

Hasn't made the grade? I think a player who has made 28 appearance's in the Premiership for a team sitting in 7th place  with games still  go at only 22 years old suggest he's made the grade to me.

Yes he was not great yesterday but who was? He's 22 and will only improve. 

Typically on foxestalk though it seems we have to look for a scapegoat and he seems to be wearing the badge at the minute. Get off the lads back and support him.

But to suggest he's championship level and hasn't made the grade when he's made over 100 premiership appearance's in 4 years really shows how stupid some posters are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, themightyfin said:

Hasn't made the grade? I think a player who has made 28 appearance's in the Premiership for a team sitting in 7th place  with games still  go at only 22 years old suggest he's made the grade to me.

Typically on foxestalk though it seems we have to look for a scapegoat and he seems to be wearing the badge at the minute. Get off the lads back and support him.

But to suggest he's championship level and hasn't made the grade when he's made over 100 premiership appearance's in 4 years really shows how stupid some posters are.

But I think the fact that he’s made over 100 Premier League appearances is what is so frustrating. He’s not improved to any noticeable extent from the 19 year old who was signed in the title winning season. His goals and assists record is dire and he’s routinely one of our worst players.

Evidently people who know more about football than me seem to think he’s got something about him but how many chances can we afford to give him?

1 minute ago, ttfn said:

But I think the fact that he’s made over 100 Premier League appearances is what is so frustrating. He’s not improved to any noticeable extent from the 19 year old who was signed in the title winning season. His goals and assists record is dire and he’s routinely one of our worst players.

Evidently people who know more about football than me seem to think he’s got something about him but how many chances can we afford to give him?

you are spot on there, you'd think by now his performances would have more consistency about them given hes been at this level for a good few years now, but at least he looks half arsed imo, and for a player of his ability you'd think he'd a made the jump to take his game to the next level, we see it at times, like his goal against Wolves, but these moment happen less often than not.

if he had the desire and work rate of a Marc Albrighton, i think there wouldnt be such a who har over DG

as hes got bags of ability just feels like he doesnt know how to use it at times 

6 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Scapegoat? This isn't a reaction based solely on last night. He's made over 100 appearances in the Premier League? Briliant, that's a nice stat. How many goals as he scored? 8. How many assists? 6.

The reality is that he's shown little to no improvement during his time here under a succession of different managers and no-one has been able to get more than two or three consecutively good performances out of him.

Unfortunately for Gray, he'll soon find himself sitting on the bench when Albrighton is fit and there's no doubt we'll be in for another winger in ths summer. Neither himself nor Barnes have scored or assisted in the six games under BR, who spoke of wingers needing to contribute more so it's not exactly the best start is it? Gray probably had his best opportunity to nail a place in the starting XI with Albrighton out for so long but he's been dreadful.

Staunch defence of a player who offers so little. Being young is one thing, having potential is another.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

you are spot on there, you'd think by now his performances would have more consistency about them given hes been at this level for a good few years now, but at least he looks half arsed imo, and for a player of his ability you'd think he'd a made the jump to take his game to the next level, we see it at times, like his goal against Wolves, but these moment happen less often than not.

if he had the desire and work rate of a Marc Albrighton, i think there wouldnt be such a who har over DG

as hes got bags of ability just feels like he doesnt know how to use it at times 

I'm a bit indifferent to Gray but one thing that can't be knocked is his workrate. 

Gray should not be compared to Barnes and Chilwell or anybody else in the Leicester team. 

For what Barnes and Chilwell did wrong last night, they will more than make up for it next week, both players are taking the right trajectory. 

Unfortunately, Gray thinks he's Lebron James, whilst that will work in some teams, it ain't gonna at Leicester. 

It was evident our formation last night was 4-1-3-1 +1. Gray being the +1, he wasn't in the team, it was just a huge long 70 minute boring solo of dribbles and misplaced passes. 

He's had his apprenticeship and now needs to start listening to the manager and rediscover his abilities.

The right wing will be upgraded in the summer, so he's missed the chance of stopping that purchase. 

He should be given a chance, he could be good, but last night, what a wally. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Always Next Year said:

The chap that sits next to me thinks the sun shines out of his backside, once said to me why bother coming if all I do is remark to my mates how shit he is. Told him to fcuk off, sits two away from me now.

I should try that. :whistle:

There is a clear majority here that think he has had more than a fair shot to show some consistency and actual improvement. We have seen neither of those things in the past couple of years. If we get an offer for him in the summer, we should take him and thank him for his time. I would say thank him for his efforts but come on, let's be realistic.

Been saying this for two years and have been shot down each time. When he finally goes and we can finally admit his failure I'll find each poster who said 'you're wrong, you're foolish, he's brilliant.' 

The problem is his character. Physically he could have it all; mentally he thinks he's better than he is. Arrogant and sees Leicester as being lucky to have him.