Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Slimani

38 minutes ago, berniethebolt said:

Hes doesnt... Slimani was on Walshes hit list for two years till we finally got him.

I dont get the whole bad egg thing.. ive never seen it, he was clearly an idiot in those vids but plenty were hogging the trophy, just look at Giroud for Chelsea on the Europa league.. the trophy was practically wrestled from him.

Idiot footballers are not a rare breed thats for sure! 

Agreed. He’s not been great for us for sure, but that video doesn’t make me feel any more or any less for him.

Looking at the comments here would imply that he’d just head butted Mahrez, urinated on the trophy and had a shit on the centre circle. 

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

You pay up his contract in order to get a fee or you sell him for nowt and the buying club cover his o/s wages -  no need to do both (although the fee may not be much more than 5m)

Well, I'd call the first thing you mention subsidising his wages in order to sell him to a club offering lower wages. The second thing you mention is a free transfer. Both transfers, rather than releasing.

You can just pay him off and release him so that he becomes a free agent. That's what releasing him on a free is.

If he's desperate to leave, he might even accept less than his contract is worth. I wouldn't hold my breath, though.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

To think we are paying out about £150k a week on him and Iheanacho and £55m in transfer fees. Not got a prayer of this not being about £80-90m combined in wages as nobody will buy these off us.

Cant we give them away to save the wages.

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The players would have to agree to it and they won't, we'd subsidise the wages for the rest of their contracts.

Different scenario I know but the last time I can remember this ever happening was Tal Ben Haim when Pompey were in complete disarray. More or less forced into taking a low settlement due his 40k a week wages in League One. We’re obviously in a financially sustainable position so there’ll be zero pressure to tear up his contract, unfortunately we’re stuck with him on silly money. 

Edited by J.Lisemore

You can't really blame Rudkin for signing these players. Slimani, Silva, Musa etc because they didn't work out. They didn't live up to expectations.

But who's to say Tielemans will be a success or Perez. Hopefully they will both be, but don't blame Ruskin if they don't. 

Edited by Wortho
Spelling
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Wortho said:

You can't really blame Ruskin for signing these players. Slimani, Silva, Musa etc because they didn't work out. They didn't live up to expectations.

But who's to say Tielemans will be a success or Perez. Hopefully they will both be, but don't blame Ruskin if they don't. 

Akinbiyi can finally rest in peace. 

• Haha 1

Why are people obsessed with blaming Rudkin for signing players that don't work out?

Jon Rudkin is director of football, not head of recruitment. The head of recruitment and his scouting team are in charge of player identification, and they then agree targets with the manager. 

Rudkin is in charge of negotiations with clubs, players and agents. Don't blame him when signings don't work out, blame Walsh/Macia/Congerton and their teams.

• Like 4

I'm sure I've heard that Walsh identified Slimani, but recommended that we didn't spend any more than £10m on him. Also, that Pearson dropped his interest, presumably after he learnt what kind of a tube he'd be getting.

I can believe this, as I find it very difficult to believe that NP would have actually signed someone so disruptive, judging by the team spirit he created, the nature of the signings he brought in, and how he dealt with the mess Sven left behind. Not all of NP's signings were great, but I don't think any were a bad influence.

16 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I'm sure I've heard that Walsh identified Slimani, but recommended that we didn't spend any more than £10m on him. Also, that Pearson dropped his interest, presumably after he learnt what kind of a tube he'd be getting.

I can believe this, as I find it very difficult to believe that NP would have actually signed someone so disruptive, judging by the team spirit he created, the nature of the signings he brought in, and how he dealt with the mess Sven left behind. Not all of NP's signings were great, but I don't think any were a bad influence.

He signed one Mr. Brown didn’t he?

• Like 1

Just now, Abrasive fox said:

Always maintained he was an arse and people questioned it.

Is there any doubt now?

He is just misunderstood......or an arsehole as you say, perhaps both :unsure:

5 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

If we threatened him with a year at OH Leuven might we get some sense out of him/those advising him?

Would OHL even take him? Might piss off their manager (who is apparently quite good) if KP tried to force a disruptive character on them.