Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Slimani

3 minutes ago, Cameron Davidson said:

On a side note, I had to explain what being Mardy was to someone down the other day.... The joys of living down south.....

Yes I remember being quite surprised that people didn’t know what I was talking about after leaving Leicester. Good word as well. Not quite the same as sulky or miserable.

• Like 2

Decent striker who is a better all round player than Iheanacho is turning out to be, but doesn't come across as the easiest character to integrate into a team. Can't see BR giving him any sort of chance really and can't imagine the squad would welcome him back either. Be surprised if we can sell him with the wages he is likely on, so I imagine it will be loan deals until is contract runs out. One of our worst transfers really, not in terms of his ability, just the lack of thought put into where he would fit in the team and alongside Vardy, which he just doesn't! Imagine he will end up back at Sporting at some point. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Yes I remember being quite surprised that people didn’t know what I was talking about after leaving Leicester. Good word as well. Not quite the same as sulky or miserable.

Especially when you pair it with the word "proper".... 

Don't get me started when you try to explain what a "Jitty" is... 

Anyway, on topic... was there a game when him a Vardy played well together? I seem to remember that they were ok against Burnley? Wasn't that his first? 

16 minutes ago, Cameron Davidson said:

Anyway, on topic... was there a game when him a Vardy played well together? I seem to remember that they were ok against Burnley? Wasn't that his first? 

Yes. I remember they drew diagrams on Match of the Day demonstrating how perfect Slimani, Vardy, and Mahrez fit together--it had triangles and everything.

One big problem with Slimani is he missed so many games with a groin injury, which may have slowed him down even when he was on the pitch, and then would re-injure himself on international duty. It is an interesting 'what if" he wasn't injured when we signed him, but that's all it is ... let's get him a loan deal before he is due in training camp.

3 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Yes. I remember they drew diagrams on Match of the Day demonstrating how perfect Slimani, Vardy, and Mahrez fit together--it had triangles and everything.

One big problem with Slimani is he missed so many games with a groin injury, which may have slowed him down even when he was on the pitch, and then would re-injure himself on international duty. It is an interesting 'what if" he wasn't injured when we signed him, but that's all it is ... let's get him a loan deal before he is due in training camp.

Yes I guess it could be worse, we could have Arnautovic , although we would get some money back for him 

58 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

I use it all the time up here (Glasgow).  Have got quite a few people using it now.  It really is a great word.  X

• Like 1

Ironic that any chance Slimani might've had to impress Rodgers in pre-season, and salvage his Leicester career, has been scuppered by Algeria's AFCON success.  Doubt that he will be able to join the squad much before the start of the season now, and probably not at all assuming a loan can be arranged before the window closes.

Shame really, I know the stories of "personality clashes" with the rest of the squad, but he was prolific in the League Cup a couple of seasons ago, and we only got knocked out when he was dropped from the team in the quarter final.  Even now would be happier to have Slimani on the bench than Nacho.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, WilmslowFox said:

Ironic that any chance Slimani might've had to impress Rodgers in pre-season, and salvage his Leicester career, has been scuppered by Algeria's AFCON success.  Doubt that he will be able to join the squad much before the start of the season now, and probably not at all assuming a loan can be arranged before the window closes.

Shame really, I know the stories of "personality clashes" with the rest of the squad, but he was prolific in the League Cup a couple of seasons ago, and we only got knocked out when he was dropped from the team in the quarter final.  Even now would be happier to have Slimani on the bench than Nacho.

Tbh this is probably more valuable for him. He's got a goal and some assists, scored a penalty in the shoot-out. He is probably impressing any onlookers even if he isnt playing much. A big goal in the last two games for him now and we could have a Musa situation. :worship:

A full pre-season with us wouldnt have changed things for him, he just doesnt fit us. 

34 minutes ago, WilmslowFox said:

The Euro window is open all August 

On 05/07/2019 at 05:02, Cameron Davidson said:

Especially when you pair it with the word "proper".... 

Don't get me started when you try to explain what a "Jitty" is... 

People were over the moon when he played against Burnley. Believe he had a brace that day and looked every bit the part of a PL striker.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Fox1970 said:

Poor recruitment.  Shockingly high price paid for a most average forward, particularly as his style didn't and still doesn't integrate well with the team.

Very true.  Thank God the recruitment team did the polar opposite with Kante/Mahrez and HM.   Best we get rid and move on.

15 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Sometimes a turd is just a turd and no matter how stubborn it is it still needs flushing. In this case we will lose a bucket load of cash, but he is better gone than staying on. Too likely to Clash. 

If I go there will be trouble

If I stay it will be double 

Should I stay or should I go.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Sometimes a turd is just a turd and no matter how stubborn it is it still needs flushing. In this case we will lose a bucket load of cash, but he is better gone than staying on. Too likely to Clash. 

You sound like the plumber I had come around for a plumbing problem :thumbup: