Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Slimani

Anyone else think that Rodgers might be exactly what grumpy Slimani needs to get another chance at Leicester? A proper man manager.

16 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Anyone else think that Rodgers might be exactly what grumpy Slimani needs to get another chance at Leicester? A proper man manager.

Rodgers might see him as suitable cover for vardy this season. He mentioned preferring mobile strikers rather than target men so i guess it depends how mich hes willing to run from now on ?

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Mobile striker, you have Nacho or Slim to choose from.

Go!

I’m waiting......

I’d love for Slimani to ‘come good’ in a City shirt. When we signed him I was as excited as anyone to see what he could do.

Given Rodger’s talent for bringing through younger players I’d have to (reluctantly) go for Nacho over Slim.

I STILL think that Nacho has probably got a lot more to give and Rodgers appears to have binned Slimani anyway?

You know what you get with Slimani. Aerially strong, but slow and clumsy. Nacho I think CAN be sharper and quicker.

We’ll see

Personally I think we can do better than either of them

13 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I’d love for Slimani to ‘come good’ in a City shirt. When we signed him I was as excited as anyone to see what he could do.

Given Rodger’s talent for bringing through younger players I’d have to (reluctantly) go for Nacho over Slim.

I STILL think that Nacho has probably got a lot more to give and Rodgers appears to have binned Slimani anyway?

You know what you get with Slimani. Aerially strong, but slow and clumsy. Nacho I think CAN be sharper and quicker.

We’ll see

Slim = Surly, Slow, but actually half decent on occassion

Nacho = prize winner, lost, confused, good pedigree 

Agree - would rather have a young, fast, tricky striker to develop.

Or is Reghba going to be the longer term hope? He looks like a mini-Mitrovic, but no idea what his play style is

46 minutes ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

Pretty sure numerous ITKs said last season (maybe the season before) that if Slim stayed Vardy would be off. 

If that situation hasn’t changed I’m sure Brendan will have been made aware of it. I’ll be surprised if he ever plays for us again. 

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Slim = Surly, Slow, but actually half decent on occassion

Nacho = prize winner, lost, confused, good pedigree 

Agree - would rather have a young, fast, tricky striker to develop.

Or is Reghba going to be the longer term hope? He looks like a mini-Mitrovic, but no idea what his play style is

Have we signed Rehgba? If so I missed that one... :thumbup:

He is probably a spent force in terms of a career here and it would probably be best for all paorties if he were to move on but, and I know this is not a hugely popular opinion on this forum, you could see he is a quality striker, he just wasn't a good fit for this club at this particular time.  I still think in the right team he could have scored 15+ Prem goals but it wasn;t to be.  Hopefully for his sake and for ours we can move him on (or less likely find a role for him here).  X

57 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

His goal and assists against Tanzania:

https://streamable.com/z5fxe

https://streamable.com/8gixw

https://streamable.com/lodhw

Not seen much of Ounas at Napoli but he looks a right player even if Tanzania are dog muck.

Not even conference standard 

ranked 27 places lower than the Faroe Islands.

Nacho will look good pre season against lower league opposition, if he can push on come the start of the season. Remains to be seen.

10 hours ago, car1os said:

Vardy is both a blessing and a curse IMHO - I wouldn’t swap him for the world as I think he’s our modern-day Mr Leicester City, but that’s our problem.

We’ve spent £70 million on 3 strikers in recent years who haven’t been able to make the impact of our very special £1 million striker.  Vardy is very much our No 1 Man and one of the best in our league, so it’ll be difficult for an established striker to replace him, and also an up-and-coming striker who wants game time will find their opportunities limited unless Vardy gets injured. 

We we need to sell Slimani and accept our losses.  Simple as. 

We then need to build up Nacho (I understand he’s had issues with confidence which if solved, bearing in mind we now have a great man-manager, could result in an improved performance level) and push our younger players to step up too.  If in January we realise there is no other option but Vardy, then loan out Nacho and bring in someone new to try to take Vardy’s crown. 

Our best bet is to play Vardy right into retirement and take a punt on a academy striker, possibly Regbha, who is more than happy to wait for scraps for two years. We've never managed to play anyone alongside Vardy. Shinji only managed it because he moved back in to a bizarre harrying attacking midfield position. And it would be pure madness not to play him. And unless he starts to physically struggle I don't think we'll be able to rotate Vardy - he's too big in the club. You've even seen his wife inferring when he's not played properly. I think I agree with Babs: we'd probably be better off buying an expensive winger and CM rather than buying an expensive striker.

He seems like a parasite that the club can't get rid of.

Wasn't there a rumour that, with Mahrez, he tried to unsettle some of the rest of the team when he was training?

Hence he may have an attitude problem that the club doesn't like, and feel could dispute the squad morale if he is still at the club come the end of the transfer window.

3 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

He seems like a parasite that the club can't get rid of.

Wasn't there a rumour that, with Mahrez, he tried to unsettle some of the rest of the team when he was training?

Hence he may have an attitude problem that the club doesn't like, and feel could dispute the squad morale if he is still at the club come the end of the transfer window.

:source:

I've seen countless posts implying that he was a disruptive influence in the dressing room, yet none of them has ever put my doubts to bed. As for Mahrez trying to unsettle the dressing room, I just can't help myself but snigger. He sure was the kind of charismatic guy anybody would die for. 

He did his job on the pitch, considering that he's never had more than two games in a row, and is the embodiment of why any striker is bound to fail until Vardy retires. People are expecting a Vardy 2.0 as a back-up, but only if the genuine one can't play. That's not going to happen. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Col city fan said:

We’ll see

I don't even think he's that good I the air Col. 

Good header v W Ham but that was when he found the space and it was a belter of a cross. 

Too many times he fails to even get off the floor when jumping against a centre half. 

A piss poor target man imo, we'd have been better getting someone like Glen Murray - great target man, clever, would have been cheap and a good character. 

2 minutes ago, Clarkey123 said:

Sod slim, even fenerbache didn’t want him near their squad after a short time on loan there. Evidently a mardi arse and bad for team morale

On a side note, I had to explain what being Mardy was to someone down the other day.... The joys of living down south.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cameron Davidson said:

On a side note, I had to explain what being Mardy was to someone down the other day.... The joys of living down south.....

Yep - son in law from London asked what a mardy bum was - from arctic monkeys song. They don't know the queens English down south.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Cameron Davidson said:

When they ask me I tell them its a cob on.  When they ask me what that means I say Mardy :P