Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Slimani

23 minutes ago, Ben. said:

I’ve never liked the guy. You could always  see from his mannerisms and body language on the pitch his attitude stunk. Do not let this tool come back to pre-season and disrupt the camp - we need to ship him out ASAP, even if it’s another loan. Unfortunately I think offers are going to be in short supply due to his high wage demands here

I like to give players the benefit of the doubt. But, I remember in his debut, against brugge, he went completely through on the keeper, and injured him. Could easily have been sent off whist needless hurting a fellow pro. I thought, 'what an idiot!'. I was hoping it was just a rush of blood, and he was just a nobhead.

10 hours ago, hejammy said:

Ffs I wanted to give him a chance again and again...but this is just awful behaviour. Huge moment for your team and country and you act like a nob. Just why?

Vardy vs Slim stories make so much sense now. Such a shame.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Ffs I wanted to give him a chance again and again...but this is just awful behaviour. Huge moment for your team and country and you act like a nob. Just why?

Vardy vs Slim stories make so much sense now. Such a shame.

Agreed.

Hopefully the club have learned a bit of a lesson here. He is talented but clearly a bit of a twat.  I guess the rumours of the rest of the squad hating his guts are probably true as you say. Get his wages off the bill and move on. If anyone will take him, that is.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Agreed.

Hopefully the club have learned a bit of a lesson here. He is talented but clearly a bit of a twat.  I guess the rumours of the rest of the squad hating his guts are probably true as you say. Get his wages off the bill and move on. If anyone will take him, that is.

Nobody will pay him what we're paying him. We're stuck with him for the rest of his contract. He'll be loaned out again.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier

May be the answer is gift him to Sporting subject to them paying up the difference between the LCFC contract and what ever he accepts from them for the balance of his contract with us.  He does not lose out, we get him off the wage bill and take a hit on the ridiculous fee we forked out.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, FoxFossil said:

Wondering why LCFC.com are bigging up Slimani's role so much ??..

'Slimani wins AFCON'. 

Completely over the top as he came on in 89th minute!

Suggestion of desperation creeping in?

Actually, they had received some siht for not mentioning him earlier in the summer when do their international round ups -- I guess they are over-compensating

6 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Just another 2 years to wait. :(

Tragic. Got to go down as our worst ever signing. Not just the huge amount of money wasted, but introducing such a bad influence into the squad, and on such a long contract.

I guess we have to hope we can loan him out for this season and next. If we can't shift him, then he'll have to have his contract terminated. I wouldn't want him training with the youth - they shouldn't have to deal with a nobend like that.

Slimani was an unfortunate panic but where we had our fingers burnt. He was never a £30 million player. The club unfortunately lost the transfer guru a few days/weeks before and given the title win, were desperate for a marquee signing. 

Whatever we get for him will be a massive hit but getting him off our books will be far more beneficial to us. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Crazy Kop Corner said:

I thought our recruitment was based on character fact finding. Whoever’s behind us wasting £30m on him will be lucky to still have a job

Hes doesnt... Slimani was on Walshes hit list for two years till we finally got him.

I dont get the whole bad egg thing.. ive never seen it, he was clearly an idiot in those vids but plenty were hogging the trophy, just look at Giroud for Chelsea on the Europa league.. the trophy was practically wrestled from him.

Idiot footballers are not a rare breed thats for sure! 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, berniethebolt said:

Hes doesnt... Slimani was on Walshes hit list for two years till we finally got him.

I dont get the whole bad egg thing.. ive never seen it, he was clearly an idiot in those vids but plenty were hogging the trophy, just look at Giroud for Chelsea on the Europa league.. the trophy was practically wrestled from him.

Idiot footballers are not a rare breed thats for sure! 

The club he was on loan at (I forget which) tried to send him back to us for disrupting their dressing room. 

25 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Well, doing either is doing both. You'd have to pay him off in order to release him.

You pay up his contract in order to get a fee or you sell him for nowt and the buying club cover his o/s wages -  no need to do both (although the fee may not be much more than 5m)