Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Slimani

Right here we go probably going to ruffle a few feathers but in my 50 odd years a city fan I think this is the worst signing pound for pound we have ever made! I know akinbadbye was a waste but he had some fire in his belly this bloke it seems has moved for a hefty paycheck and a four year put your feet up. I mean come on when a sadly lacking firepower team like Newcastle say he’s a lazy c.nt and then he’s sent out to train with the reserves at fenerbache or whoever it was in the Turkish league was daft enough to borrow him. The bloke is probably a shareholder at sporting and will go back as a hero his life work done milking the daft gullible English tw.ts only to return a hero and bag a few more goals in that proxy league .

He really is a joke of a footballer and the sooner we cut all ties the better. If some idiot gives us a few bob take it but moving forward players who are supposedly in their prime who have never done it in the EPL or possibly Spain give a wide birth 

• Like 1

https://www.abola.pt/Clubes/Noticias/Ver/791846/40/

Islam Slimani, Algerian striker who represented with well-known Sporting between 2013 and 2016, is in the plans of Benfica for the new era. The BOLA has learned that the club of Light has advanced even with a proposal with Leicester to ensure the player is hired.

Slimani, who will turn 31 on June 18, was in the last season loan to Fenerbahçe, where he scored in 25 games, scoring 6 goals. Previously he was also loaned to Newcastle. 
Despite the minor period, Benfica, confident in the qualities of the striker, especially evidenced in his passage through Sporting, made contacts with Leicester and advanced even with a proposal for the transfer.
However, there is a detail that could be hindering: Slimani, when he transferred from Sporting to the English club in August 2016 (for 30 million euros), signed an anti-rival clause, which prevents the player from representing in particular Benfica and FC Porto. Moreover, the Alvalade club, who will now be informed by Leicester of the Benfica proposal, will also be interested in securing the Slimani contest.

7 minutes ago, lcfcnsk said:

However, there is a detail that could be hindering: Slimani, when he transferred from Sporting to the English club in August 2016 (for 30 million euros), signed an anti-rival clause, which prevents the player from representing in particular Benfica and FC Porto. Moreover, the Alvalade club, who will now be informed by Leicester of the Benfica proposal, will also be interested in securing the Slimani contest.

Here's hoping for a Portuguese bidding war haha

19 hours ago, lcfcnsk said:

https://www.abola.pt/Clubes/Noticias/Ver/791846/40/

Islam Slimani, Algerian striker who represented with well-known Sporting between 2013 and 2016, is in the plans of Benfica for the new era. The BOLA has learned that the club of Light has advanced even with a proposal with Leicester to ensure the player is hired.

Slimani, who will turn 31 on June 18, was in the last season loan to Fenerbahçe, where he scored in 25 games, scoring 6 goals. Previously he was also loaned to Newcastle. 
Despite the minor period, Benfica, confident in the qualities of the striker, especially evidenced in his passage through Sporting, made contacts with Leicester and advanced even with a proposal for the transfer.

Keep leaking that to the media and perhaps we'll sell him after all

On 04/06/2019 at 18:08, mazarron fox said:

Right here we go probably going to ruffle a few feathers but in my 50 odd years a city fan I think this is the worst signing pound for pound we have ever made! I know akinbadbye was a waste but he had some fire in his belly this bloke it seems has moved for a hefty paycheck and a four year put your feet up. I mean come on when a sadly lacking firepower team like Newcastle say he’s a lazy c.nt and then he’s sent out to train with the reserves at fenerbache or whoever it was in the Turkish league was daft enough to borrow him. The bloke is probably a shareholder at sporting and will go back as a hero his life work done milking the daft gullible English tw.ts only to return a hero and bag a few more goals in that proxy league .

He really is a joke of a footballer and the sooner we cut all ties the better. If some idiot gives us a few bob take it but moving forward players who are supposedly in their prime who have never done it in the EPL or possibly Spain give a wide birth 

This signing would be equaled by Dunk. So stop press on this one.

On 04/06/2019 at 17:08, mazarron fox said:

No.  We have had some costly stinkers and Slim is right up there, but the consequence of signing him is just a hell of a lot of wasted money.

Peter Taylor putting all his faith in that carthorse Akinibiyi to spearhead our attack, ultimately played a major part in sending us down and we took over a decade to recover.  Worst signing ever.

2 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

An anti-rival clause??

Does such a thing exist?

If true we really did sign some awful contracts.

An odd one, can't say I've ever heard of such a thing and it sounds very doubtful. Yes, you can understand when teams come to an agreement perhaps that their sold player can't play against them that year or particularly if on loan or, stretching it somewhat, you can't sell that player to a direct rival for a year until they've had opportunity to replace him but to say forever to a rival has to be questionable.

30 minutes ago, murphy said:

That last paragraph is a killer.

I was getting a semi for a moment there, thinking of getting rid of Slim and pissing off Sporting at the same time.  

If Slimani has a deal lined up with Benfica, Leicester and Slimani could mutually agree to cancel his contract and then he would be free to sign for Benfica.

4 minutes ago, Gerard said:

If Slimani has a deal lined up with Benfica, Leicester and Slimani could mutually agree to cancel his contract and then he would be free to sign for Benfica.

For free?

I was hoping we'd get some kind of fee for him.  Maybe £8-10m?

18 minutes ago, murphy said:

For free?

I was hoping we'd get some kind of fee for him.  Maybe £8-10m?

Good luck with that, he was a disaster in Turkey, is 31 in just over a week and still has two years of a lucrative contract. 

We'll be really lucky to get a fee for him IMO. 

7 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Good luck with that, he was a disaster in Turkey, is 31 in just over a week and still has two years of a lucrative contract. 

We'll be really lucky to get a fee for him IMO. 

Well, trying to put a positive spin on it, 31 isn't the end of the world for a Slimani type striker.  He never had any pace to lose.  No resale value but could have a good 4 years left.  He didn't do great in Turkey but 6 goals in 25 isn't brilliant but not that terrible.  Nacho dreams of 6 goals in 25.  Finally he has scored shit loads of goals in the Portugese league and probably would again.  I'm sure he is still rated over there.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-city-reluctant-loan-player-summer-want-leave-permanently/

Even though Islam Slimani continues to be heavily linked with a return to Portugal, we see mixed claims about how open Leicester City are about the transfer.

A couple of weeks ago, we’ve covered claims which said the Foxes had accepted to loan the player out for a third time in a row.

It’s Sporting who would like to sign him back, simply waiting to sell Bas Dost so they would work on bringing back Slimani.

But as Record talks about the Dutchman’s departure today, they explain Slimani is pretty unlikely to be the one replacing him on a loan deal

Record claims that Leicester City are only accepting to sell the player. Furthermore, Slimani would also have to take a paycut, since he currently earns €5m per season.

Earlier today, we covered claims from A Bola which said Benfica wanted to sign Slimani, and would pay €15m for the transfer.

However, when buying the player from Sporting, Leicester City agreed to a clause which blocks the player from joining Benfica or Porto, otherwise they would have to pay the Lions a fine of €30m.

Edited by lcfcnsk