Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Slimani

57 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Still maintain he’s been one of the worst signings in the clubs history

If he manages to see out the rest of his contract, which is fairly likely given his wages, he will have cost £29m plus £20m wages.

Total £49m.

Sickener!

• Sad 1

He's been very bloody disappointing all things considered but I don't think he even touches the most disappointing signings bracket. 

Silva, Iheanacho and Musa, whilst costing fewer notes, have also contributed much less; you could argue considerably less given Slimanis European goals elongated the fairytale. He's been pony but he doesn't make my top five, and that takes into account what we spent.

Edited by Langston
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Langston said:

He's been very bloody disappointing all things considered but I don't think he even touches the most disappointing signings bracket. 

Silva, Iheanacho and Musa, whilst costing fewer notes, have also contributed much less; you could argue considerably less given Slimanis European goals elongated the fairytale. He's been pony but he doesn't make my top five, and that takes into account what we spent.

Far from the worst signing. The 3 you mentioned are far and away greater duds.

And that's before you go back to the Peter Taylor era...

18 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

At 21/22 Nacho isnt a dud yet, he may come good. Wan Bissaka is a good player after a decent break through year and went for 50mill. 

Nacho has plenty of time to develop. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

At 21/22 Nacho isnt a dud yet, he may come good. Wan Bissaka is a good player after a decent break through year and went for 50mill. 

Nacho has plenty of time to develop. 

At this rate he'll be 40 by the time he develops a sense of urgency. 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

At this rate he'll be 40 by the time he develops a sense of urgency. 

I think that's a bit harsh nacho didn't get a lot of game time, but under BR I think he could be good, let's see how is in the friendlys that are coming soon, before we slag him off, still only young, 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Johnthefoxrayner said:

I think that's a bit harsh nacho didn't get a lot of game time, but under BR I think he could be good, let's see how is in the friendlys that are coming soon, before we slag him off, still only young, 

He's been here two years and had plenty of opportunity and game time,  far more than others that have grabbed their chances. He can't appear to play as main striker, off the main striker, has a poor first touch, little pace and to cap it off, has been bone idle on many of his appearances showing a lack of effort. For the latter alone he deserves being slagged off. His international manager accused him of being unprofessional, how much more evidence do you need.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

He's been here two years and had plenty of opportunity and game time,  far more than others that have grabbed their chances. He can't appear to play as main striker, off the main striker, has a poor first touch, little pace and to cap it off, has been bone idle on many of his appearances showing a lack of effort. For the latter alone he deserves being slagged off. His international manager accused him of being unprofessional, how much more evidence do you need.

Yet when he has been given consistent game (meaning a run of full length games) he has occasionally shown his worth. Its still not good enough for the amount we paid but he clearly lacks confidence. Most of the game time he has had has been the odd 5 or 10 minutes here or there coming on when a game is either done or we're on the back foot. Its hardly enough to completely write off a young player. Let's see what Rogers can do with him. I just hope he doesn't read some of the comments on here as that will hardly help the lad ?

As for Slimani, it was like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. Has his strengths no doubt but we don't play to them at all really. Needs to go. 

4 hours ago, srex9 said:

Yet when he has been given consistent game (meaning a run of full length games) he has occasionally shown his worth. Its still not good enough for the amount we paid but he clearly lacks confidence. Most of the game time he has had has been the odd 5 or 10 minutes here or there coming on when a game is either done or we're on the back foot. Its hardly enough to completely write off a young player. Let's see what Rogers can do with him. I just hope he doesn't read some of the comments on here as that will hardly help the lad ?

As for Slimani, it was like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. Has his strengths no doubt but we don't play to them at all really. Needs to go. 

He only played cameos at Man City but was able to come off the bench and score so the argument that he needs a run of games rather than bit parts doesn't hold water.  He can't do it here as he doesn't have the Man City galacticos putting it on a plate for him.

I've heard all the same arguments this time last year.  No doubt we'll hear  them again this time next year.  Yes he's young, but he is experienced, he has 127 appearances under his belt over the last four years.  I would guess that BR has been told to persevere and try and get a tune out of him because he has no resale value and we have so much money tied up in him.  I've seen enough.  It won't work. 

There are no more excuses left for him I'm afraid.

Edited by murphy

1 hour ago, murphy said:

He only played cameos at Man City but was able to come off the bench and score so the argument that he needs a run of games rather than bit parts doesn't hold water.  He can't do it here as he doesn't have the Man City galacticos putting it on a plate for him.

I've heard all the same arguments this time last year.  No doubt we'll here them again this time next year.  Yes he's young, but he is experienced, he has 127 appearances under his belt over the last four years.  I would guess that BR has been told to persevere and try and get a tune out of him because he has no resale value and we have so much money tied up in him.  I've seen enough.  It won't work. 

There are no more excuses left for him I'm afraid.

Fair enough. I still don't think people are crazy if they think Rogers can get something out of him. Stranger things have happened

5 hours ago, srex9 said:

I know that Slimani doesn't appear to fit in for non footballing reasons,  though nobody appears to be able to bottom those rumours but, from a purely footballing point of view he'd be a far better option on the bench for us than Nacho if he got fully fit. Just my opinion but can't see it ever happening. 

16 hours ago, murphy said:

If he manages to see out the rest of his contract, which is fairly likely given his wages, he will have cost £29m plus £20m wages.

Total £49m.

Sickener!

Pay a hitman. No wages to pay and we can claim on insurance lollollol

16 hours ago, Blue ROI said:

I’m talking in terms of value for money, not overall ability. Somebody above cited an overall figure of 49 mill!

For Slimani!

:facepalm:

6 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I’m talking in terms of value for money, not overall ability. Somebody above cited an overall figure of 49 mill!

For Slimani!

Fair point but Nacho and Silva wont be far away. 

I've said it before Slimani's goals helped us avoid possible relegation in 16/17 and he scored the winner v porto. 50 million is a lot for a disappointing buy but he has repaid some of that value. 

The other 2 have done nothing whatsoever really.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

For Slimani!

Well he's been on loan for a year and a half with fees being paid to take him (Newcastle loan fee was £2m) and Newcastle definitely covered all his wages for the loan there. A few reporters said his wages were covered last season also.

19 hours ago, murphy said:

Total £49m.

Sickener!

Is that including the wages and loan fees paid by the clubs he been on loan too.

He’s not the only player in our sqaud dragging the wages for next to nothing, at least he’s normally fit and available when he’s here.

Makes me laugh on the forum, players like slim are slated for struggling, and in his defence, he’s not really been given a run, and when he did his tally was ok, and the money spent always comes into it.

Our wingers managed something like 8 goals 5 assists between them all season, but the hatred towards them is nothing compared to players that cost lots of money.

It’s not slims fault our d.o.f had his pants took down by sporting, he didn’t set the fee, and if he does stay, and Rodgers finds his and nachos confidence, which both have been destroyed by lack of game time, they could both do a job, but the likes of gray who has been given boat loads of time, will still be shit, it’s ok, his 50 to 70 grand a week is ok, he only cost 3.5 mill

• Like 1

As  ‘ Duds’ go, who ever were.  responsible for scouting and signing Slimani, should be relieved from any decision making going forward.  This is the Pearl Harbor of Football Transfers.  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Well he's been on loan for a year and a half with fees being paid to take him (Newcastle loan fee was £2m) and Newcastle definitely covered all his wages for the loan there. A few reporters said his wages were covered last season also.

According to Transfermarkt Fenerbahce paid a loan fee of 1.5mil euros too. Chipping away at the original outlay lol