Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Slimani

3 hours ago, lcfcnsk said:

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-city-reluctant-loan-player-summer-want-leave-permanently/

Even though Islam Slimani continues to be heavily linked with a return to Portugal, we see mixed claims about how open Leicester City are about the transfer.

A couple of weeks ago, we’ve covered claims which said the Foxes had accepted to loan the player out for a third time in a row.

It’s Sporting who would like to sign him back, simply waiting to sell Bas Dost so they would work on bringing back Slimani.

But as Record talks about the Dutchman’s departure today, they explain Slimani is pretty unlikely to be the one replacing him on a loan deal

Record claims that Leicester City are only accepting to sell the player. Furthermore, Slimani would also have to take a paycut, since he currently earns €5m per season.

Earlier today, we covered claims from A Bola which said Benfica wanted to sign Slimani, and would pay €15m for the transfer.

However, when buying the player from Sporting, Leicester City agreed to a clause which blocks the player from joining Benfica or Porto, otherwise they would have to pay the Lions a fine of €30m.

We should be trying to sign up the guy negotiating contracts/DOF of Sporting. This would be the 3rd time they have had our pants down if true. 

25 minutes ago, Goober said:

Did Slimani ever let us down on the pitch? I understand he’s been an expensive flop all things considered but I thought he was good for us, always gave his all and scored some important goals. The goal against Porto will always stand out.

Couldn’t get in ahead of Vardy, not his fault at the end of the day.

:fishing: nice cast

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 08/06/2019 at 23:37, Goober said:

Did Slimani ever let us down on the pitch? I understand he’s been an expensive flop all things considered but I thought he was good for us, always gave his all and scored some important goals. The goal against Porto will always stand out.

Tend to agree with this. Never had a chance to establish himself. 

Edited by wokinghamfox
  • Like 1

See what the pre season games bring, if he still struggles then a loan to Fulham or someone like that should be looked at for the first half of the season, need to keep him in the UK rather than loan him to teams that play poor lges ie celtic :) 

On 09/06/2019 at 00:37, Goober said:

Considering we played him out of position he didn't do too bad. Buying a lamppost to play a shinji type role was a stroke of genius from Ranieri and co. Surprised we didn't replace Kante with Crouch.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Considering we played him out of position he didn't do too bad. Buying a lamppost to play a shinji type role was a stroke of genius from Ranieri and co. Surprised we didn't replace Kante with Crouch.

We tried, but Crouch could not get into the company car that came with the position :ph34r:

• Haha 2

On 08/06/2019 at 23:37, Goober said:

I don't think it was his attitude on the pitch that was particularly the issue tbh

2 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Think they were going for some sort of Ulloa/Okazaki hybrid in the role just behind/off Vardy, quite funny really 

1 hour ago, MrSpaM said:

I don't think it was his attitude on the pitch that was particularly the issue tbh

Yeah I’ve read stuff on here about that. Could all be true but I still maintain he was a more than decent performer for us when given the chance 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Goober said:

Think they were going for some sort of Ulloa/Okazaki hybrid in the role just behind/off Vardy, quite funny really 

Yeah I’ve read stuff on here about that. Could all be true but I still maintain he was a more than decent performer for us when given the chance 

What about the fact he’s been utter shite since being out on loan? If anyone can get him playing it’s Rodgers, but let’s be honest, he’s thus far been a flop of huge proportions. I assume he’s ‘earning’ (that’s a joke...) big money too?

Edited by Col city fan

Just now, Col city fan said:

What about the fact he’s been utter shite since being out on loan?

The **** has that got to do with how he performed here?

Kramaric has been good since he left, who was better in a Leicester shirt?

Not really his fault that we overpaid for him and then stuck him in a role he couldn't play. On the rare occasions he was actually utilised as a proper striker he looked decent and scored a few important goals. There are pretty big limitations to his game and maybe you'd expect a more well-rounded player for the fee, but again, not sure you can really blame him for that.

I'm beginning to think there's actually no point even trying to sign a decent striker until Vardy either fancies a massive final payday somewhere or retires. I doubt anyone we can realistically afford/attract will fancy their chances of displacing him, nor the prospect of sitting on the bench for the majority of the season. Sign someone young like Che Adams and we'll just end up stifling his development by restricting him to cameos and cup games against lower league teams. Sign a bigger name with better pedigree and either he or Vardy get pissed off playing second fiddle and leave.

• Like 1

Anyone who thinks he didn’t get a fair crack is deluded. The bloke didn’t even bother to jump for 50/50s despite being pretty big physically. Spent most of his time waving his arms about at others. Complete waste of space 

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/olympiacos-reportedly-waiting-leicester-citys-3036999

Leicester City have received an enquiry for striker Islam Slimani from Greek side Olympiacos.

That's according to Sdna.GR, who claim the Greek giants are awaiting a response from the Foxes.

Olympiacos have reportedly expressed their interest in the City misfit who looks set to depart this summer,

Slimani spent last season loan with Fernabahce but only featured 14 times in all.

The 31-year-old joined City for £28 million from Sporting in 2016, going on to score eight goals in 36 appearances.

He has since completed two loan spells, one with Newcastle and the other one with Fernabahce last season.

His signing from Sporting will go down as a bad piece of business for the Foxes who will surely lose a significant amount of money on the striker.

As things stand, he is not part of Brendan Rodgers' plans for the new season, but unless any developments take place in the rumoured deal involving Olympiacos, he will report for pre-season.

Slimani has two years remaining on his current deal.