Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

10 hours ago, John12345 said:

Whose better peak Vardy or peak Suarez? Its the only striker i can think of like Jamie.

Suarez. For me Suarez is possibly the greatest striker to play in the prem(based on peak ability).

The Henry’s and Shearers etc get more praise because of the longevity but if Suarez stayed longer, he surpasses the lot imo.

What he did at Barca and also what he’s now doing at 33 years old for Athletico. He’s one of the greatest in the modern era. He’s got as good a case as anyone to claiming that spot as the best player in the world below Messi and Ronaldo.

Vardy is underrated and probably always will be, due to the fact he’s at Leicester, the fact he came through so late, and the fact that for his prime years (15-19) he was playing mainly for very average teams who couldn’t compete.

Vardys career is unique but I believe if his form between 15-19 happened when he was 20-25 not 28-33, he’s of gone right to the very top.

No huge club(other than Arsenal) wanted to take a chance on a 30+ striker who would of been predicted to slow down years ago.

Vardy is a top top striker, and will never get the level of praise he deserves but Suarez is 1 of the only few strikers to have played in the Prem that I’d say Jamie was below.

JV genuinely is in my top 10 prem strikers of all time though, and that’s with my blue specs off.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, John12345 said:

Whose better peak Vardy or peak Suarez? Its the only striker i can think of like Jamie.

15 hours ago, shailen said:

If I'm being objective, it has to be Suarez, but it's really close. Like Vardy, Suarez was an absolute pest but could score from absolutely anywhere and scored all types of goals. Vardy is much more of a deadly finisher and has better aerial ability but Suarez was slightly better overall imo. You have to remember Suarez, Messi and Neymar is probably the best front 3 ever. 

Ok ..  so that makes it 2 1 to Suarez so far ...

Edited by Countryfox

11 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Guys a machine not long posted this 

0064307B-5174-45B4-B95A-116134658818.png

Imagine if he started tomorrow and it turns out Brendan was just playing the most elaborate game of shithouse with “the greatest mind the game as ever seen...El Loco TM Sky Sports 2021 all rights reserved” 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Manini said:

Imagine if he started tomorrow and it turns out Brendan was just playing the most elaborate game of shithouse with “the greatest mind the game as ever seen...El Loco TM Sky Sports 2021 all rights reserved” 

I mean do normal humans heal that quick 

15 minutes ago, Manini said:

I'd be fuming. Transferred him out on FPL and Ings got me f*** all :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Leicester urged to sign Jamie Vardy transfer replacement who is ‘young and hungry’, by club legend Robert Huth

Graeme Bryce14:25,

TITLE-WINNING Leicester legend Robert Huth has urged Brendan Rodgers to do the unthinkable - by signing a striker to eventually replace the irreplaceable Jamie Vardy.

Huth, a giant in Claudio Ranieri’s famous 5000/1 Foxes title-winning team of 2016, admits the one opponent Leicester’s 34-year-old talisman cannot outpace is father time.

Leicester legend Robert Huth says the club need to find a long-term replacement for Jamie Vardy

Leicester legend Robert Huth says the club need to find a long-term replacement for Jamie Vardy

Jamie Vardy will one day need replacing, Robert Huth (right) has warned

Jamie Vardy will one day need replacing, Robert Huth (right) has warnedCredit: Reuters

And he says the sooner Rodgers and his magnificent recruitment team come up with a viable understudy, the more chance there is of Vardy helping the newcomer eventually step into his golden boots.

As he looked forward to Saturday’s crunch clash between Leicester and their top-four rivals Liverpool, Vardy’s former team-mate said: “[Kelechi] Iheanacho’s been there for about three years, and he’s got seven or ten goals - Perez the same.

“Vardy scores more goals than that in the first half of each season! 

“So it’s something to consider  for sure, getting a young, hungry striker and bedding him in.

“Vardy is someone they can learn from; his spirit, his fire has never gone out, his attitude… players like that aren’t easy to find. 

“Leicester have, for the last few years, found good replacements. We’ve seen it with Fofana.

"They obviously thought it would be [Caglar] Soyuncu and [Jonny] Evans for a while, giving [Wesley] Fofana time to nurture, giving him a few games here and there to get used to the Premier League. 

“But he’s been awesome, absolutely awesome. I watched his first game when he came in, Soyuncu was unavailable, and he came in and it was like, ‘Who is this guy?’.

FREE BETS: GET OVER £2,000 IN SIGN UP OFFERS HERE

leicester-opta-stats.png
JB-COMP-FEB-TOP-PREM-FIX-V3.jpg

“I’d not seen too much of him before if I’m honest, but he’s been absolutely awesome for someone his age.”

Rodgers has been consistently linked with a summer move for another French talent, Celtic’s unsettled striker Odsonne Edouard, who is about to enter the final year of his contract.

When he was in charge at Celtic, Rodgers paid a club record £8million to sign Edouard from Paris Saint-Germain in June 2018 and described him as the best youngster he had ever worked with. 

Last season it would have taken £40million for Leicester to prise the 23-year-old away from the Parkhead club. 

However Celtic’s implosion this season and Edouard’s diminishing contract means he would be available for around half that amount now.

Huth says the French market has provided a rich vein of fresh talent for the Foxes with Fofana a shining example.

He suspects one of the hardest jobs Rodgers will face this summer and, for many more summers to come, will be keeping the big beasts away from the 20-year-old sensation.

Huth saw his title-winning side picked off as N’Golo Kante and Danny Drinkwater left for Chelsea and wing kingpin Riyad Mahrez eventually moved to Manchester City.

Edited by HankMarvin

4 minutes ago, Corky said:

Exactly what he needed, a keeper passing it straight to him to give him an open goal.

Yep, just like vs Palace end of last season. 

Also, like Kasper's saves, his block from the free kick on the bar is vindicated considering we've gone on to win.