Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

16 minutes ago, AndyMaidenhead said:

If we are to squeeze his best abilities for as long as possible, realistically we have to think about using him either for first half only OR as an impact substitute...need identify and sign long term successor this Summer at latest...

Whilst I agree that we need to sign a long term replacement, I think he's got more than enough to last 90 mins. He had a poor game today but under Rodgers he's barely involved deep. He conserves his energy and plays on the shoulder so I can see him playing at this level for at least 2 more seasons 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

He gets a game once or twice a season where he looks like he’s never even kicked a ball before. Tonight was one of them. Nothing came off for him.

Every human on the planet has a bad day, even at shit they're amazing at. 

It happens. We move on. 

36 minutes ago, AndyMaidenhead said:

If we are to squeeze his best abilities for as long as possible, realistically we have to think about using him either for first half only OR as an impact substitute...need identify and sign long term successor this Summer at latest...

I've been saying this for a while. 

As long as we can replace him with a dependable goalscorer to be the main focus, Vardy as an impact sub would be devastating to play against and seeing as he seems to be a freak of nature who doesn't age, using him conservatively we could get another 3 or more years from him. 

And this is nothing to do with his performance tonight. He had a poor game, so what? If anyone has earned the right to have the odd off day, it's him.

• Like 1

Let's not kid ourselves here, this is the beginning of the end for JV. He's had this hip issue for a while, and he's 34. For a striker that largely works on being quick and working hard / making run after run that often gets missed, it's not good. Anything purposeful after this season would be a bonus I think. We have to be working hard on a very good striker that works in the same way, and that will cost us. But we've got the money...

When we won the league I thought Vardy would have 2, maybe 3 more years at the top. Its 4 or 5 years now and he's still there. Obviously age will take its toll eventually but you can't write him off yet. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

He's definitely taking an extra touch at the moment. Which has cost him some goals in recent games. Is that a confidence thing, injury or other? He's still a cracking player and causing oppos issues. But something is not clicking right now. Hope his mojo returns soon. 

The great thing is his teammates are stepping up, he has been off the past couple of games but he’s always been like this and will go on a scoring run soon I’m sure.

I aint Appreciating him anymore..Hes got himself a few Days with nice nurses, 3 weeks rest, Refs relaxing, Opposition getting out of jail cards..

Tete a tete with Rebekka, just to touch Base on her figure 8s, Flip & Lutz...Edge jumps..!!

Jamie..Christmas is over..:ph34r:

Just watched this back, and my god is his quality obvious even back then. He is clearly worlds ahead of anyone on the pitch, and im not just talking about pace and aggression, he shows many moments of having the touch, technique and understanding of the game that premier league players have. Back heels, well times balls across goal, runs in behind, dinks over the keeper, quality passing. The guy was always class, just needed someone to give him the chance. Thank Fuchs it was us aye

• Like 2

I am surprised we can't find another promising lower league striker who is happy to sit on the bench and learn from the master. It's a great opportunity - you could be playing CL football. I know we will never find another Vardy, but there must be someone better than what we've got as back up at the moment. (I don't think Nacho is that bad, but Rodgers clearly doesn't rate him, and Perez really isn't a goal scorer). 

Vardy is so much more than just a great striker - I was talking to my old man the other day and we were saying how much it gives us all a lift when he plays/scores. He’s the poster boy for this glory era and he’s the physical representation of what our club is about! F’ck me I haven’t even had a drink and I’m talking like this - lockdown is taking it’s toll!!

1 hour ago, Kevin Russell said:

Vardy is so much more than just a great striker - I was talking to my old man the other day and we were saying how much it gives us all a lift when he plays/scores. He’s the poster boy for this glory era and he’s the physical representation of what our club is about! F’ck me I haven’t even had a drink and I’m talking like this - lockdown is taking it’s toll!!

You're right - every time he scores it feels worth double somehow.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, John12345 said:

Whose better peak Vardy or peak Suarez? Its the only striker i can think of like Jamie.

If I'm being objective, it has to be Suarez, but it's really close. Like Vardy, Suarez was an absolute pest but could score from absolutely anywhere and scored all types of goals. Vardy is much more of a deadly finisher and has better aerial ability but Suarez was slightly better overall imo. You have to remember Suarez, Messi and Neymar is probably the best front 3 ever. 

• Like 1