Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

6 minutes ago, martyn said:

Think it tends to be forgotten that Vardy has gone through many lean spells before. Not just in terms of goals output, but lack of general involvement and even looking lethargic by his standards.

In the past he has always snapped out of it those patches. Hopefully he does again.

Very true. Thought he was a bit better today occupying the two centre backs. 

I do hope wins such as today begin to close the idea of one man team. 

I think Vardy more so than any of our players is suffering with the lack of fans. He absolutely thrives on the atmosphere and it gives him that extra bit of energy and motivation.

I'm sure he will have another scoring patch before fans are back in the stadium but I think he'll be really rejuvenated when we can get back in the stadium

If we had more faith in backup options it would help Vardy so much more. Today being an example where at 60 mins would be great to freshen it up with a change. Hes 35 next season, I'm certain well address it in summer but let's enjoy Vardys last season, 2 max at this level by utilising him and not solely relying on him. 

I think you can never knock Vardy's work ethic and dedication, but in all

honesty his 1st touch and finishing has been poor in recent weeks. Harvey's goal is a case in point when Vardy should have scored, but shot straight at the gk, luckily it came back to us. Against Liverpool he missed an absolute sitter. One of Vardy's greatest assets is his chances to goals ratio, and that really needs to improve from now to the end of the season. 

Guest bennytwohats
1 hour ago, GeorgeTheFox said:

I actually thought this was a classic Vardy performance that shows why he's worth more than his goals. His pressing at times was fantastic and he got back on occasion and helped out well, starting a decent counter attack.  His presence alone allows Barnes and Madison to benefit and even though Vardy might not get top scorer again, it is looking very likely that we will have 3 players surpass 10 league goals. 

Agree completely. It's so easy to overlook as he goes on a run and is marked out of play by two defenders, but it's that fear and danger of Vardy that means teams double up on him, which is what creates so much room for Barnes to come inside and run at goal. I think you often see Vardy pull off to the left with his runs forward and I suspect it's for this reason. We didn't get any of that with Perez/Nacho leading the line which is why we looked a little impotent up front in those games.

Edited by bennytwohats

Shout out to Vards for his contribution today. Need to remember games like this when the stats. freaks are quick to point out he's not scored for x games.

His challenge with their two centre halves created the chance for Barnes to knock it to Maddison for the first.

His shot that created the chance for Barnes for the second.

Job done.

I've been worried about Vards for a few games, but I'm really concerned about him now. I hope he proves me wrong but this seems more than just a form thing, it's a change in him physically. He just got caught in a foot race by a central defender. Previously he'd have left them for dead, but it's like he's running in treacle now. I sense the end is nigh. 

• Like 1