Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Something definitely feels different this season. The 3 open goal tap-ins and the penalties have papered over the cracks somewhat. Still our greatest ever player though.

Disagree. Early in the season he was getting loads of assists and creating chances for his team mates.

It was definitely different types of Vardy performances, but he was still genuinely brilliant before Christmas and it definitely wasn't "papering over the cracks".

He was getting almost universally praised on here early on for how he was evolving his game and becoming more of a creative player and less of a poacher.

He's not been the same player since his injury, but it's also way too early to say he won't pull it round and go back to the player he was earlier in the season.

• Like 4

Just now, Blue-fox said:

To be fair, we did concede 2 goals 😂

And we scored 0 in both legs.

Neither goal was his fault. He could have got out quicker to block the second but it’s harsh to put that goal on him.

He didn’t have a good game tonight because he made some sloppy passes, he made a mistake at the back when he missed the header back to keeper but he managed to get himself out of the situation. I can’t really think what else defensively was so bad?

For me our attacking stank, that’s the reason why this performance was shit.

Time waits for no man. People can say what they want but he’s fast approaching the time where he can’t compete at the highest level. His pace is nowhere near what it was before and that was always crucial to his success as a player. He’s a legend. He’s our best striker and best player in modern history but it’s time to face reality, he’s not got long left. 

2 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

And we scored 0 in both legs.

Neither goal was his fault. He could have got out quicker to block the second but it’s harsh to put that goal on him.

He didn’t have a good game tonight because he made some sloppy passes, he made a mistake at the back when he missed the header back to keeper but he managed to get himself out of the situation. I can’t really think what else defensively was so bad?

For me our attacking stank, that’s the reason why this performance was shit.

Thomas had to cover him for their first as he drifted into marking no one, which then left the man free at the back post for a tap in. 

For me he just didn’t look his usual self which is a lot more solid than what we saw tonight. 

Unpopular opinion time. Is this more like Jamie Vardy Depreciation? He hasn't been the same since before Christmas, is this one injury too far now? He can only score so many penalties to keep bumping up his goal tally.

It's time for the recruitment to start planning to phase a new face in up front over the summer. Will always be one of the all-time Leicester greats in the hearts of us all, but every player has his time. He has still got a couple more years at the top level mind you, and his presence still troubles the most sturdiest of defences, but maybe he is no longer able to be the spearhead he once was. And we need to accept that.

1 minute ago, Blue-fox said:

Thomas had to cover him for their first as he drifted into marking no one, which then left the man free at the back post for a tap in. 

For me he just didn’t look his usual self which is a lot more solid than what we saw tonight. 

He played poor yes but I’m not having he was at fault for any of those goals.

He’s still a cool calm lethal finisher.  Some parts have got worse, pace, some have got better - finishing, left foot, link play, football intelligence.  But you can’t hold back Father Time BUT I have expected last season & this to be the last where he would be effective, but I expect a good last 13 games from him fitness permitting & probably feature prominently in 40 plus games next season.

He's my favourite Leicester player ever (well him and Okazaki), but it's exactly what Singh, I and many others have been repeating for at least couple of seasons... we have no plan B! We haven't had it for ages.

Nacho was never fully trusted by the managers, and still hasn't quite lived up to his potential. The problem is the expectations here are enourmous and I'm afraid the boots of a living & playing club legend may simply be too big for Ian to fill. The best solution would be to sign a quality striker with a clean slate so he can share part of the burden so to speak, compete and learn from Vards and in time either him or Ian or both will replace Vards.