Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

2 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Can't keep blaming no service. He had a few decents opportunities and made the wrong choice. He has lost his pace that is for sure and unfortunately thats obviously his biggest strength. He needs it back if he's going to be any where close to the player we know. Worryingly actually his first touch has also been poor 

It’s a fact though. He literally didn’t get a chance and he’s not the player who can create them himself. He was giving loads of options and was getting involved 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Flappit said:

This looks different to me. I hope I'm wrong, but one day he will decline and it just looks like its starting to happen. I'd be very happy to be proved wrong. 

He will decline one day, but I think he's still got way more than he's shown recently. Just in a bad patch of form right now, but he's always a threat with his runs and finishing abity. The way he was playing earlier this season was sensational and that was not too long ago. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

They definitely were in my opinion.

Soyuncu didn’t do too much wrong, defending wasn’t the problem tonight, it was going forward.

Under was trying to make things happen, looks like a he’s trying too hard sometimes. He was poor yes but was Albrighton and Vardy worse, absolutely for me.

Fair doos 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Flappit said:

I've been worried about Vards for a few games, but I'm really concerned about him now. I hope he proves me wrong but this seems more than just a form thing, it's a change in him physically. He just got caught in a foot race by a central defender. Previously he'd have left them for dead, but it's like he's running in treacle now. I sense the end is nigh. 

It's been happening all season  I noticed it early in the season when he was clean through and the defender caught him.

Then its continted to happen. Hes getting on now though, it's to be expected. Very important summer for the club 

He is still important in terms of creating space for other players as opposing defenders still fear him, though I’m not sure they should for much longer. Hopefully we can stay inside the top 4, CL football could mean a top tier successor may be attracted in the summer. 

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Messi or Ronaldo would have struggled with the service he had over the two legs

It's not just service though is it?

His touch is off, he's offside a lot more due to poor timing of runs, his passing poor, and barely looks quick 

There should be genuine concerns. He's 34.

Edited by Stevosevic

He is still integral as he stretches the pitch and occupies the Defenders minds. This creates space for Madders & Barnes. But the zip and verve is not there and he seems to keep taking extra touches. I think he's doubting himself and it's showing. In my opinion he's left quite a few Vardy meat & drink goals on the pitch recently. Alas his star maybe on the wane. 

Just now, Stevosevic said:

His touch is off, he's offside a lot more due to poor timing of runs, his passing poor, and barely looks quick 

There should be genuine concerns. He's 34.

I agree, but he has been his been out and had a OP.

If he's like this in 5 games time I would be worried.

Just now, Stevosevic said:

He’s always like this when he comes back from an injury regardless of how long he’s out. 

The bloke runs on snuss and redbull so its eventually bound to catch up with him. 

I think he’ll bounce back this time, his pace has been gone for 2 seasons in my opinion, we haven’t seem him blow past anyone in years.

Vardy is far from finished. He still has pace and works defenders.

But his touch and his decision-making in the past few games have been horrific - no better than non-league.

It pains me to see this club’s greatest ever striker play so badly.

17 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

They definitely were in my opinion.

Soyuncu didn’t do too much wrong, defending wasn’t the problem tonight, it was going forward.

Under was trying to make things happen, looks like a he’s trying too hard sometimes. He was poor yes but was Albrighton and Vardy worse, absolutely for me.

Did you watch the game........Cags was the worst player on the pitch

okay maybe Under was worse

Vards is not right though ....rushed back after injury 

1 minute ago, Old Fox said:

Did you watch the game........Cags was the worst player on the pitch

okay maybe Under was worse

Vards is not right though ....rushed back after injury 

I can’t say much to a person who thinks our CB was our biggest problem in that game.

• Like 1