Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

1 minute ago, ealingfox said:

How can Vardy have a lower shooting accuracy when he has more shots on target from fewer shots overall?

Shots on target + shots off target =/= shots. 

Not sure what's missing off the stats there. Shots that get blocked maybe? Idk. 

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He did. Absolutely blazed it over the bar hilariously and would have had a hattrick. 

He was involved in ongoing verbals with Robles iirc and got a bit carried away trying to wind him up. 

Yep thought so. And would have put him in contention to win the golden boot as well. 

I remember the verbals and celebrations from the one he did score though! 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Yep thought so. And would have put him in contention to win the golden boot as well. 

I remember the verbals and celebrations from the one he did score though! 

Yeah I think Robles was trying to psyche him out before the first one so Vards laughed in his face running by when he scored. 

Then subsequently tried to completely leather the second lol

• Haha 1

Entered the league at 27. His numbers are insane. Hope he catches van Persie and Sheringham, two guys who played for elite clubs. Sheringham played 14 seasons in the Premier League and RVP played 11 seasons. 

22 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Didn't Vardy miss a penalty vs Everton in the title-winning season, final game? 

Actually He did yes, come to think of it he’s missed or had saved others as well not sure why that’s not recorded 

pretty sure Salah has missed penalties as well 

19 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

How can Vardy have a lower shooting accuracy when he has more shots on target from fewer shots overall?

17 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Shots on target + shots off target =/= shots. 

Not sure what's missing off the stats there. Shots that get blocked maybe? Idk. 

I don’t know as @Finnegan said it might be blocked shots but they don’t appear to be recorded on the stats 

50 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

From the Guardian report:
"Puel has the tools to produce better results."

Also:

"Although Puel insists he retains the faith of the squad, his tendency to fall out with and exile senior players has become a burden."

"with fans protesting and investors balking at the team’s dire position, Puel is not done defending himself."

Looking through the last two years on transfer market, I wouldn’t agree with the guardian article ref  arrivals and departures  !

whether the squad he has should be doing better is a reasonable  question but he hasn’t brought much in 

Edited by st albans fox

7 hours ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

Claude dropped him from the team :thumbdown:

He played pretty much every single game but was rested now and again, that one Spurs game you could argue he was dropped was after the incident of him mouthing stuff. 

Why the feck would he drop a man that scored 21+ goals otherwise. 

Every manager we've had has thought about a post Vardy future, it would have been totally remiss of them to not do so. Nobody knew he'd turn out to be a complete freak of nature. Even this season people have moaned about Daka not getting game time, the long term Vardy replacement who might barely play because of Vardy's form... again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

He played pretty much every single game but was rested now and again, that one Spurs game you could argue he was dropped was after the incident of him mouthing stuff. 

Why the feck would he drop a man that scored 21+ goals otherwise. 

Every manager we've had has thought about a post Vardy future, it would have been totally remiss of them to not do so. Nobody knew he'd turn out to be a complete freak of nature. Even this season people have moaned about Daka not getting game time, the long term Vardy replacement who might barely play because of Vardy's form... again. 

Vardy is one of a number of veteran strikers who are still better than players ten years younger than them but I still think he should be pulled for Daka at 60 mins.. That keeps Vardy fresh and gives Daka a better chance to get fully acclimatised.

11 hours ago, ceredigion said:

One strange thing is that his goal scoring record in cup matches for us is actually quite poor. Just 8 goals in 45 games. I wonder why that is, because a lot of those matches will have been against teams from the lower divisions with weaker defences.

Perhaps it's because in a lot of those games he will have either come as a substitute or been substituted himself so he doesn't play the full 90 minutes that often, whereas in the PL he tends to start and finish every game.

Any other theories?

Presumably a fair few (maybe up to half) of those cup games are coming off the bench after others were given a go. I’m thinking most League Cup games. 

I wonder if we could ever utilise Jamie for the RW or LW position in the future. He looks so good out wide too, especially the left. I know that would be madness in his current goal scoring form but he looks such an intelligent player in a variety of forwards positions.

Now we have Daka, could JV be pushed out wide on occasion if we were desperate. I'm sure that would be how we could get JV, KI and PD on the pitch at the same time.. 

On 19/10/2021 at 12:38, coolhandfox said:

Would need another 75 PL goals to get 200.

That's 3 x 20 goals seasons and 1 x 15 season.

Not sure he going to get there but, anything over 150 would be amazing.

His current goal to games ratio is 0.49. At that rate he would have to play 153 more games so he'd need to play 4 seasons after this. Not very likely, I know. Maybe if he moved to Man City he could improve his goal ratio, but that's the last  thing I want. 50 more goals is definitely achievable. For that he'd need to play 102 more games, which covers this season and 2 more after this. He'd still only be 37. I can't see him retiring that young, so I'd predict that he gets a few more than 175, which puts him in the Thierry Henry, Lampard, Aguerro territory. 

Sincerely hope that I'm not tempting fate.